1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N3 tactical guide to Hassassin Bahram, the Haqqislamite Military Intelligence Service

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's mostly because the only thing she does significantly better than anyone else in HB is shooting at mimetics from 24 to 32 inches while in a link. But that means it's probably a Govad core you will have there, which is cumbersome to build and use, because in a Haris she's not really stellar (+1 EBS over core'd Ghulam HMG against mimetics, which is sketchy).

Maybe you can make it work that way, or outside of links, I dunno. Then more power to you.

Errhile likes this.
  2. Muzzya

Muzzya Member

I’d say there are not many similar links which is able to fight with mimetism in another link(KAMAu).
    Why 24-32, but not 16-32? Hmg doesn’t have minus distance up to 32 in fact.
    And yes, she needs full link, not Haris. And for sure w/o msv1, there is nothing to discuss.
    We shouldn’t forget about veteran 1. It can be useful as well.
    Actually I look forward Ayaar update :)

#82 Muzzya, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's probably the best odds you are going to have against that, but it's still as sketchy as always. Not that there are reliable ways to fight Kamau without making it sketchy though :P

But then it's a huge investment into something that won't work one time out of three or so.

Because when it's 24 inches away or closer, you can just shoot with Asawira in Muyibs or what have you. You lose out 1 EBS and against mimetics (and also 1 STR, for what it's worth), but there are numerous tradeoffs.

If anything, it's linkable Asawiras that make Govad HMG look considerably less appealing even though they are often played differently.

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Yeah, HB lacks good ways to fight snipers. Usually you want to avoid them with smoke, but MSV2 snipers pose a particular problem. You can hope to be able to get them with a Fiday, but that can be terrain-dependent. Against a Kamau, the Fiday is more likely to be able to get at the supporting link than the sniper itself.

I haven't played HB in a long time; when I did, I didn't usually take anything that could outshoot even a decent sniper, let alone a linked Kamau. Snipers tended to lock me down whenever I didn't manage to Fiday them.

I've often thought that if I were to go back to HB, I'd try a linked Govad HMG. The new(ish) mixed link makes the idea somewhat appealing. You have a doctor in the link which heavily mitigates that 1/3 chance of the Kamau putting down the Govad.

Plus, if you Fiday even one of the Kamau's buddies, the Govad's odds get a lot better.

It's still not great, but as you say, nothing is great against a Kamau. And there are lots of other snipers against which you would be happy to have the Govad. It may be preferable to just capitulating to the sniper completely, which HB too often seems to do.

5. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

The band from 24 to 32 is quite important in HB, because there is not a lot of HMGs and despite beeing only marginally better than a Ghulam most of the time, I learned to like the single Govad HMG.
    I'd say, there is definetly a place for that profile, if you are not a playing a Ghulam Core.

Urobros likes this.
  6. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

When still in N3 we have some more fireteams "core" with mvl2 than the Kamau, "spiral", "winterforce"... In N4 we will see :) So, this made more complicate try to get out from the Deployment Zone with our "core", but still, snippers most of the times are a single unit, so we probably can avoid it for a while. Of course, if you don't have any choice to left your DZ without confront the snipper mvl2 + five member core, maybe the problem will be the table configuration, too open.

Fighting against this kind of cores with hassasin most of the times it isn't a problem because the fidays can do the work putting down one or two members of the fireteam or placing a mine in one corner. You talk a lot of "kamau", but I find Varuna worse than Acontecimento when playing against camo or impersonators.

We can say that the govad could be better in a five fire team in order to put down targets as a Kamau snipper, but probably will be the only case in which the govad truly will be better. So, if you are facing a tournament, probably most of players choose the "muyib core" because flexibility or the ghulam because spares more points to waste in others toys.

And this is only if we think in the "active turn", thinking in the "reactive" don't smooth things for the govads... If only we have in Hassasin some Lt option which will do the veteran traits of the govads "usable", them, maybe, hassasin players could do something with a Govad core instead the Muyib core.

If I couldn't do use of the "muyib core" for some reason, probably I will choose not to play a full five member core, or I will do with the lasiq core, using the wildcards options, because mimetism it can be used every time you do a confronted roll, not the same as de mvl1...

But, we will see soon what brings to us N4. I only hope that hassasins will be as funny to play as they are now :)

7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

@psychoticstorm - please unpin this thread at your convenience.

Being an N3 tactical guide, it has outlived its usefulness.

Also, o brothers, I don't think I'll be able to write one for N4 Hassassin Bahram: the current situation doesn't allow me to practise enough with the Hassassins, and I have 5 other armies to play apart from them. Amassing enough practice to make a good guide would simply take me too much time.

One should know when to step down from a position of responsibility.

Xagul82, Oni, Urobros and 4 others like this.
  8. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service Errhile.

Urobros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation