1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon chart

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Sangarn, May 31, 2020.

1. SpectralOwl

This is substantial. Halving the cost of a Fusilier, or reducing the cost of an Auxilia FO by a third, is easily worth the reduction in effectiveness in the 0-16 or 24+ bands. And the Auxilia's one of the few Combi-carriers under 20 points that ever sees orders spent on it outside of desperate situations. The discount is far out of whack with the actual difference in effectiveness between the SMG and other basic infantry weapons. That said, if it picked up the Pistol rangebands instead, the price would be about right- it's an Assault Pistol with -1 Burst, Suppressive Fire and half the Light MULTI trait at that point.

Abrilete, Xeurian, Willen and 2 others like this.
  2. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

at least their discussion bump up my topic so more ppl can see my chart xD
    but I would have prefered a discussion about you know, the thing I've post in the first page ^^

3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There's a bunch of weapons that are a lot better than their pricetag.
    Most of them are simply not used quite as frequently or on their onw.
    Assault Pistols are 5 points cheaper than a Combi
    LSGs are 4 points cheaper than a Combi
    HRLs are 1 point cheaper than a Combi
    LRLs I don't have on top of my head and I'm too laze to calculate it right now, think it's 6-7 points cheaper than a Combi

Most of those don't come solo very often. HRLs frequently come along with Assault Pistols or LSGs. LRLs are never the only armament. Assault Pistols are frequently seen on top of other main armament (often making them a pretty expensive B4 option with redundant +3 Rangebands).
    Where LSGs show up as main armament they lead to excellent minmaxed troops. Chainrifle+LSG Volunteers for 6 points, LSG+PZF Magisters, LSG Bandit Profiles....
    Unlike SMGs, LSGs scale very well and remain deadly. For example both Magisters and the Swiss ML wouldn't be half as great if he had a SMG instead of a BS21 template option.
    Pointing fingers on the SMG is ignoring that certain weapon loadouts should come with strings attached, used as a tool to make subpar options more viable. The Brawler Hacker for instance isn't great, a SMG is a great way to breathe life into it by offsetting the base Profile's bloat. Link Fillers, especially for HI can be prohibitively expensive, LSG+PZF Wu Ming are a way to solve that and make something like a 5 man HI link a better option.

The MK5 dual SMG Proxy or Libertos are flat out designed badly. Neither of them has any business being cheaper or more effective than a Zero or Foxtrott. Since N4 will adjust pricing, I hope either the cost of some weapon combinations in context or the accessibility gets a thorough look.

Tourniquet and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

LRLs are 5 points (see Frontoviks and Helots). LSGs also vary in price between 2 (Aragoto), 3 (all Rifle+LSG) and 4 (most Combi+LSG, e.g. Bao and most sidearm LSGs, e.g. Swiss Guard ML etc).

I actually prefer the LSG Liberto over the SMG for a few reasons other than Minelayer, ditto LSG Varangian. Wu Ming Pzrf also has a small issue with still costing SWC that has so far prevented me from viewing it as worth while. Otherwise, fully agree with Teslarod's post.

Tourniquet likes this.
  5. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

It'd mostly help by showing the bad rangebands in the context of table size. IDK if it's just the density of the tables we use, but I personally find it a lot easier to find stuff to shoot at that's closer than 24" as opposed to stuff in 16"+ range that isn't so far away I should be using a Sniper Rifle for.

I suppose I just look at it more from the perspective of "I'd rather be safer up close"

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation