1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early for August?

Discussion in 'News' started by Melkhior, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I'd also like some lore tying Antipodes to Triumvirate, the trinity+Tri's having access to Dawn makes it's pretty coincidental. It'd also be neat if they had an Antipode trinary with a Kerail Preceptor as a handler, or just no handler...

I kind of want them to do a (totally useless) Ko Dali human figure resculpt just to have it, but can't see them doing it.

Abrilete likes this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

There *kind* of is that lore. N2 C:P had an encounter between some Briscards and Druze, and a rock slide exposed a buried ship/facility with a "three leafed symbol" that the Briscard in question was 1) sworn to secrecy about and 2) recognized when they deployed to Paradiso and met the Tohaa.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There’s never been anything beyond fan speculation linking antipode packs to tohaa manipulation / uplifting. Are non-captive antipodes even limited to three members in a pack, or can they go larger?

4. A Mão Esquerda

They're limited to three to form a single mind. N2 C:P Page 91 has the story of the Briscard seeing the Tohaa ship encased in ice after a micro-quake, which was then buried further in a second quake.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

to be fair, it's not a wildly absurd theory though. remember the blurb from the Paradiso book where a ship raises from the ice during the Merovingian/Druze conflict?

6. A Mão Esquerda

And considering the whole saga of the Aurora, which was deliberately diverted to Paradiso by the Triumvirate, based on the experiments they conducted on humans found on Ariadna, the antipodes being their creation is well within expectations. Again, N2 C:P has the info all laid out.

Abrilete likes this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, there's definitely plot stuff about the Triumvirate being active on Dawn and Paradiso. I think they were the ones that sabotaged the wormhole as well? So it's certainly not impossible that they were mucking about with the local ecology while they were at it, but it's also quite possible that the antipodes naturally evolved to their level of consciousness rather than having been uplifted by an outside force.

melkiach likes this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

Yup, from the Prelude Mission(s) to Campaign: Paradiso. The triple nature of the consciousness seems to lean more towards uplift, I would think, though.

melkiach and Dragonstriker like this.
  9. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

They're based on the aliens in A Fire Upon the Deep, wherein the whole point of them is that they evolved from alien wolf packs, which is a cool concept IMHO. I'd be disappointed if it was "the Tohaa made them" as opposed to "what would happen if pack animals evolved sentience?"

Either way they're kind of wasted as mind-controlled slaves to Ariadna. Would like to see them as somebody's voluntary, sentient allies.

toadchild likes this.
  10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

There's Carmen's completely voluntary hatefuck relationship with her dog.

QueensGambit and melkiach like this.
  11. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I can't think of any realistic situation in which humanity as a whole is in danger but individual nations and it's members continue to squabble and eek out every advantage they can over their peers while downplaying the threat and exacerbating the problem. Oh wait...

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You ahd me in the first half, not gonna lie ;)

13. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I lack C:P, but do have Daedalus and the RPG books. The Triumvirate was active on Dawn, but the experiments were on the Aurora crew on Paradiso.

14. A Mão Esquerda

That we *know* about definitively. They were already present on Dawn, there were ships buried in the ice/mountains, the cuckoo virus seems awfully similar to what they cooked up on Paradiso, and the Antipodes run in threes... that’s not definitive, no, but a decent amount of circum and happenstance...

Abrilete likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I always took 3 to be a minimum, not a specific requirement. The 2nd edition book talks about Ariadnans controlling packs of 3 or 4 members (page 161, under the Antipode skill), but there’s no text talking about how packs form in their natural society. It definitely reads like a Fire Upon the Deep reference, in which there’s a balance to be struck between too few members (not enough total intelligence) and too many members (too chaotic for a single driving will to form).

16. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I've always figured the "3 or 4" reference to be a miscount that includes the Ariadnan handler.

toadchild likes this.
  17. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

New information on Ko Dali for Code on the blog section of the Infinity Website:
    https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/item/815-who-is-ko-dali

Some N4 information:
    • New deployment options (Advanced Deployment and Mimetism can replace Airborne Deployment)
    • Fireteam Linkability in OCF
    • "Soft" confirmation of keeping Assault Pistols
    Looking forward to Betrayal!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

Her profile in Army already updated to include the FD2 & Mimetism profile, with a MULTI Rifle.

Abrilete and Brokenwolf like this.
  19. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Yep, I just realized that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wonder if she will be a wildcard in OCF? Adding MSV to a variety of link teams could be useful.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Mimetism, FD2 and a Multirifle are 3 points less than AD4?

Also what I gather from the text, she might downgrade to MSV1 and Schock Immunity.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation