1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early for August?

Discussion in 'News' started by Melkhior, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

SPEEEEEEEHSSS FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORSSSSS!

Gimme Shona tho :3

2. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

That’s the combined army’s sectorial.

starmada is gonna face off against the EI’s spavy.

will space army get there in time ? Only space USA and space Russia can make that possible.

oh and space Achilles . And space Miyamoto Musashi .....

Ok I guess starmada isn’t so silly now that I think about it.

Dragonstriker and toadchild like this.
  3. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

Starmada is indeed one of the goofies names there is, but I so absolutely love it - O-12 was never really serious from the beginning, c'mon lol
    We're getting Casanova, we got space vikings, Escobaresque glasses on Cuervo and other funky stuff
    I think Starmada fits the "80s scifi" vibe I'm getting from O-12 perfectly!

4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Awesome news, another human sectorial, this is just what the game needed! [/SARCASM]

Dragonstriker, Cothel and D_D like this.
  5. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

In corvus belli's defense (and in defense of the new sectorial), The sectorial is for a faction with out a sectorial. So while there may be a ton of human sectorials, why should O 12 not get a sectorial like all other factions (except tohaa). If your complaint is the amount of sectorials, then good news! Pano is losing two

bladerunner_35 and Xeurian like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Let's be realistic. Combined is well padded already and has recently been featured in a two-player set as well as receiving a revival of one of its sectorials so releasing another Combined sectorial so close is a bit much - not that I doubt we'll see another one fairly soon considering Combined is the primary villain of this story. At the same time Tohaa has been announced to be discontinued until further notice, so that leaves a potential alien sectorial to be some form of half-baked semi-Tohaa NA2 mess fresh on the heels of Spiral.
    Edit: I'm not a fan of NA2, but in this case I think "mess" would be merited as it would be a sectorial that's not well grounded in the consciousness of the player, unless it's a remake of literal Tohaa, but that would also be odd for them to release a new main faction and leave them without a sectorial for over a year while the remake a faction they said they'd discontinue as the new edition release product.

So, a human sectorial was guaranteed and considering that an O-12 sectorial was mentioned as planned to be released in close proximity to N4, but maybe your sarcasm was that it was news? In either case, I think we're more likely to see another form of (non-illuminati) Tohaa as NA2 sectorial down the road if they decide to keep the link to Tohaa territory severed.

7. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Really hope we'll get a CA sectorial at least in 2021

8. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

ehemTocoughcoughHaa

Like, really, Tohaa was up for what, 8-ish years? No sectorial. 012 came out? A sectorial within a year. Feels really unfair tbh

Dragonstriker, Abrilete, ev0k and 3 others like this.
  9. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

#Tohaawasamistake.

And thats why tohaa's sectorial is a NA2 and not a proper sectorial

10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

TBH aliens in infinity don't really really work

Like, Gutier wants both a complex political system of human states fucking each other.

And humanity and alien empires fighting it out in the stars.

Pick just one damnit. You can't write both at the same time, you can't make rules and units and minis to sustain both at the same time and they just don't work together.

I wonder what infinity would have looked like if it had eras and it was like:

Neo Colonial Wars: Human factions fighting each other (basically the human factions minus O-12)

Fuck Aliens: United humanity under O-12 vs aliens (O-12, CA, Tohaa, new factions)

So you get both plotlines but they aren't happening at the same time so it has less dumb.

Too late for that, of course

It feels unfair because it is, but I'm guessing they didn't have a clue what to do with Tohaa so they just made Spiral to try the "what if tohaa but with core" and that's as far as they got. Or they made the Chaksa Longarms and said: "we really have zero ideas for Tohaa, better put it in the bin"

11. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Duuuuuuudeeeee!!! Nooo!!! :3::3::3::3::3:

12. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Well at least aliens works so well to do some lore/fluff good plots, humans factions are so uterlly meh for that

13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I was hoping when they came out with Spiral that it was going to be more of a combination of Human and Tohaa. They could still do it too if they add Yuan Yuan, Druze and other mercenary troops that are not picky about who they work for..

Aldo likes this.
  14. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

We had this great plotline where all the japanese turned into ISIS* and planned a massive multi-nation conspiracy that noone noticed until it was to late.

*except for some ninja clans who didn't drink the water**

**they put chemicals in the water that make the frogs banzai!

Dragonstriker and melkiach like this.
  15. Space Ranger

You must not read comic books. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I read proper books, with words.

Like War and Peace.

I'm galaxy brain smart, smarter than you picture book nerds.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jokes aside, I did read Ostrich: A Knauf m̶a̶n̶g̶a̶,̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶ ̶n̶o̶v̶e̶l̶,̶ ̶ american comic book. It was nice. I wanted more things like it, and now we are getting them with this Ko Dali vs Johnny Banana one.

Hopefully one day they will make something as great as the Battletech cartoon

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Space Ranger

Ouch! :smile:

You actually get close to Battletech with this! Great shows.

Eucadasar, Dragonstriker and Aldo like this.
  18. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Dragonstriker and Space Ranger like this.
  19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I don’t have a problem with aliens; I have a problem with the fact that the EI/CA is presented as an existential threat that not even the coordinated strength of all humanity can hold back. With that as the backdrop, every black ops mission between human factions is just another nail in the coffin.

20. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I like Spiral as a mix of aliens, Tohaa, Chaksa, but also some humans and Helots. What Spiral really needs now is some Wulver/ Antipode action! I guess with the NA2 system they can't have another sectorial of the sectorial...

melkiach likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation