1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zapp painting

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by zapp, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Looks cool now. Magnetised bit isnt noticable.

One question for you is how are you going to base your Kaldstom minis compared to your others? I'm having trouble deciding in how I will link my Kaldstrom set (far down my painting queue at this point) with my Invincible Army's urban bases. I mean it's hard not to include snow on the Zanshis with their coats and all...

LeeroyVinland likes this.
  2. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I do not plan to change my basing for Kaldstrom. It can be freezing cold without any snow I guess. :-)

Thanks for the likes and kind words. Always much appreciated.

4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

XD so im not the one doing Knauf Pretty boy

archangeleong likes this.
  5. archangeleong

true lol! I thought of your Knauf when I saw this one. You and zapp must be great minds that think alike ;-)

6. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The inspiration for the hair color was literally Hulk Hogan :-)

jherazob likes this.
  7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

All my remotes are dancing with joy as the Zhanshi Gōngchéng just joined the ranks of my painted YJ forces. This is a huge step for my goal to have once a full painted YJ army on the table in the quality I desire. So far, the engineer made most of my lists, but wasn't ready yet.
    This guy was finished in June 2020.
    What do you think of the face? I think it got a bit too dark, but I didn't want to mess around there anymore this time.
    ---
    Todos mis mandos están bailando con alegría mientras el Zhanshi Gōngchéng se acaba de unir a las filas de mis fuerzas de YJ pintado. Este es un gran paso para mi objetivo de tener una vez un ejército YJ pintado en la mesa con la calidad de sus imágenes. Hasta ahora, el ingeniero hizo la mayoría de mis listas, pero no estaba listo todavía.
    Este tipo fue terminado en junio de 2020.
    ¿Qué piensas de la cara? Creo que se puso un poco oscuro, pero no quise andar más por ahí esta vez.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Rot_Sechs, Asreon_ and 10 others like this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ha ha this intense Stare - "i seen sheat you have never dream of " ;)
    Will look good on table :)
    keep coming and painting

zapp and Golem2God like this.
  9. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought this guy's the doctor?! Anyway, I like the bushy eyebrows, so characterful!

zapp and Golem2God like this.
  10. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Looks really cool. Also love the small details on the gun. Makes it less boring while not overwhelmingly draw attention to it! Good job

zapp likes this.
  11. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The 3D model project for Infinity via Tabletop Simulator motivated me to finally magnetise and paint my baggage bots. I finished the first bot in early July 2020 and I hope the second one will follow soon. Both will be magnetized to swap out the EVO arms or combi rifle / light shotgun if needed.
    ---
    El proyecto del modelo 3D para el Infinito a través del Simulador de Mesa me motivó para finalmente magnetizar y pintar mis robots de equipaje. Terminé el primer robot a principios de julio de 2020 y espero que el segundo le siga pronto. Ambos serán magnetizados para cambiar las armas EVO o el rifle combi / escopeta ligera si es necesario.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bot without "arms".
    [​IMG]

This is how they look like in 3D in Tabletop Simulator:
    [​IMG]

#91 zapp, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    redeemer, Rot_Sechs, Asreon_ and 12 others like this.
  12. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

It reminds me of a shrimp or similar creature with those eyes & color tone.

13. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I did the basecoating together with the other Pangguling, so I could finish this one faster and finish it in July 2020.
    ---
    Hice la capa base junto con el otro Pangguling, para poder terminar este más rápido y terminarlo en julio de 2020.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again, the "wings" are magnetized and I probably will play that bot as a Minesweeper in 99% of my games.
    ---
    De nuevo, las "alas" están magnetizadas y probablemente jugaré a ese robot como Buscaminas en el 99% de mis juegos.

[​IMG]

redeemer, Rot_Sechs, Asreon_ and 8 others like this.
  14. Golem2God

@zapp These Yu Jing designs have grown on me over the years. And your paint scheme and painting further make the sculpts more appealing in my eyes.

Xeurian and zapp like this.
  15. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

And because I had time and still paint on that palette that I did not want to waste, I started to finally paint the Yáozăo helpers and get the YJ Support pack done! This support pack took me about 4 years, because I first painted the JSA ones that got split from YJ just after I finished them and I could not motivate myself to paint more of the bots, haha.
    ---
    Y como tenía tiempo y seguía pintando en esa paleta que no quería desperdiciar, empecé a pintar finalmente los ayudantes de Yáozăo y a hacer el pack de apoyo de YJ! Este paquete de apoyo me llevó unos 4 años, porque primero pinté los de JSA que se separaron de YJ justo después de terminarlos y no pude motivarme para pintar más de los bots, jaja.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Golem2God

@zapp I'm happy to hear that you overcame that hill of difficulty in your life and got around to painting more of them. It surprised me that CB didn't make new sculpts for Yu Jing with the new Support Pack. I guess they felt that old helper bots were good enough. But it seems like a missed opertunity to show the difference in Yu Jing & JSA tech. With JSA being left with the older model and Yu Jing getting a new replacement.

Law Dawg likes this.
  17. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I recently found the weapon arm of this lovely Tiger Soldier sculpt in my tools box and decided its finally time to paint this lady before the arm gets lost forever. In hindsight, I should have done this earlier, because its one of the better sculpts and quite a useful profile. Painted also in July 2020.
    ---
    Recientemente encontré el brazo del arma de esta encantadora escultura de Soldado Tigre en mi caja de herramientas y decidí que finalmente es hora de pintar a esta dama antes de que el brazo se pierda para siempre. En retrospectiva, debería haber hecho esto antes, porque es una de las mejores esculturas y un perfil bastante útil. Pintada también en julio de 2020.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Whoops, gotta jump across the sewage cover, it's a trap!

zapp likes this.
  19. archangeleong

Nice work. Never like these models but you paint scheme makes them look good. You may have changed my mind :-)

zapp likes this.
  20. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

This Liang Kai sculpt was the reason I ordered Operation Kaldstrom if I'm honest. When I assembled the model, I had quite some hard time to put the three pieces of his body together and I'm still not entirely happy with how it turned out. You can see some unclean parts where his armor and the clothing go together on the back side. The models pose is and overall style is fantastic of course, so I had a good time painting him up in August 2020.
    ---
    Esta escultura de Liang Kai fue la razón por la que ordené la Operación Kaldstrom, si soy honesto. Cuando armé el modelo, me costó bastante trabajo juntar las tres piezas de su cuerpo y aún no estoy del todo contento con cómo resultó. Puedes ver algunas partes sucias donde su armadura y la ropa van juntas en la parte de atrás. Las modelos posan y el estilo en general es fantástico, por supuesto, así que lo pasé bien pintándolo en agosto de 2020.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Rot_Sechs, Asreon_ and 12 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation