1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Vanilla YJ - 300p] LI Demo list

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

With thing getting back to normal in these parts, me managed to schedule a small intro session for some prospects who are interested in getting into the game. For this occasion, I will bring my vanilla YJ to give them a glimpse into what the faction can do. I tried to be a bit unorthodox and not just pick some netlist, but I believe YJ has a lot of tools to make even gimicky lists work.

Restrictions are Limited Insertion, so no Kuang Shi this time around:

Evo Squad
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    HAC TAO HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 68)
    TIGER SOLDIER Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    TIGER SOLDIER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    LÓNG YÁ 2 Panzerfaust, Heavy Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- Daoying as the first choice LT in many lists and unique to YJ. From there I chose to build with a focus on hacking, REMs and resulting synergies.

- Pangguling EVO hacker for coordinated hacking, Overclock and the AD deployment bonus. Can also fill up the Long Ya Panzerfaust ammo.

- Weibing Sensor REM to leverage SatLock, sensor sweeps and FO

- Lu Duan to provide holo decoys for the EVO, which is pretty much a sitting duck otherwise when going second. Also a strong midfield presence with Assisted Fire as well as a brutal defensive piece with Overclock

- Long Ya as an exciting new and unique REM for YJ. Massive roadblock with Camo, DTW, minelayer and two panzerfausts. No Repeater means no Overclock, but since we have enough slots for Supportware, we can also run Enhanced Reaction on the Daoying to get that sweet B2 in ARO. Both have FD1, so the Long Ya can be placed inside the Daoying's hacking area from the start.

- Two Tiger Soldiers as YJ's premium AD troops to leverage that EVO hacker and provide tactical flexibility. Multi Sniper for otherwise impossible attack vectors and AHD to bring a flamer up the board and rein in enemy TAGs and HI.

- Guilang FO adds additional presence in the midfield and extends repeater range.

- Hac Tao HMG as the archetypal YJ HI supremacy piece

- Mech Engineer + 2 Yaozaos to keep the REMs alive

The idea is to set up Assisted Fire on the Daoying using an LT order, so the Lu Duan or the Long Ya can go to work. The EVO REM will set up Overclock. There is a bit of flexibility in choosing what orders to coordinate here: Either recamo Daoying, Hac Tao, Guilang and Long Ya, coordinate hacking to fry an opposing hacker or set up two support programs between the Daoying and the EVO REM.

#1 Knauf, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Badlazzor likes this.
  2. Badlazzor

Badlazzor Well-Known Member

Don’t forget that if you do use the recamo coordination the hac tao might end up using the normal camo state as they are different skills.
    Also doing coordinated hacking still needs to comply to the one target part I think, even if they can use different programs. You might still buff one bot with burst 2 and marksmanship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knauf likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Yeah, this is something I was wondering about. I found this thread where ijw suggests that you are not using the corresponding skills by re-camoing. It's 3 years old, however, so there is probably updated info on this question. Even if it's just the camo state, that's still pretty good for the Hac Tao if you are going to perform the coordinated order anyway.

Also good point. In the QA section for EVO hacking devices it says this:

Q: Can Hackers use the Cybermask program in a Coordinated Order, if the player’s Army List contains an EVO Hacking Device?
    A: Yes.

This suggests that the "same target" does not necessary apply for coordinated hacking. Then again, Assisted Fire specifically mentions a target, while Overclock and Cybermask don't.

Badlazzor likes this.
  4. Badlazzor

Hmm the cybermask program does not specify a target, but that maybe just wording. It has no range and has an effect only affecting the user but no target specified, so I would still feel the coordination rules as the stronger bind.
    Just my 2cents though ;)

Knauf likes this.
  5. Badlazzor

But there again Overclock seems to have no target either ;)

Knauf likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If this is a demo, I don't think the new guys are going to appreciate that list you made. I'd avoid having too many camo and jump troops and holo. All of those things are way too much for a new person to take in. Especially for just a demo. I'd say even Remotes are getting a bit much. I'd start with almost all basic kinds of guys as possible with 1 camo and 1 jump troop. You have 5 troops that you wont see on the table and one that has 3 holos. It's going to massively confusing for a demo. I'd say keep it to as many "normal" troops as possible with a few special things like camo and stuff.

Knauf likes this.
  7. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

As a YJ enthuasiast, I like the list.

For a demo game, it is so full or quirky, advanced, or potentially gotcha interactions that I am concerned, to echo Space Ranger´s post.

Knauf likes this.
  8. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as Space Ranger as well. If you are demoing the game I would highly recommend sticking with the operations boxes for two reasons: first, it keeps the complexity low and focused, and it also provides an easy pathway for the new player to buy into the game. It's much easier to point in the direction of a nice operation box rather than scattered across a dozen blisters and boxes.

If this is a game between vets with newbies spectating, then you can probably go for whatever you want. But if it's brand new players buying in, I'd probably go for something like one of these:

Yu Jing

[​IMG]10
    DÀOFĚI Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 55)
    GŬILÁNG Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    JUJAK Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    HÙNDÙN MULTI Sniper / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 33)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    JING QO MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, AP+DA CC Weapon. (0 | 39)
    YĚ MĀO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)

5 SWC | 292 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Yu Jing

[​IMG]10
    HSIEN HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
    DÀOFĚI HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 57)
    GŬILÁNG MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
    TIGER SOLDIER Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    ZHÀNYING (Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm assuming the second set of models will get an Action Pack somewhere along the line, or they could try to scrounge an old copy of Red Veil.

Knauf and Space Ranger like this.
  9. Space Ranger

For demos, I really like "Showcase" type figures. Yan Huo, and Su Jian for examples. Even a Guijia is at least good looking.Hes' not the best TAG but he's at least a TAG. Then Ninja, because everyone loves Ninjas. A cool heavy infantry and then a Tiger.

I also like what @KestrelM1 said. Using stuff from box sets. Because after the game you can say, "if you liked that, then you can buy this to get started."

Willen and Knauf like this.
  10. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Thanks for your input, everyone! You are right that all the intricacies of this list might overwhelm newcomers. I will consider a more narrow approach.

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

And let us know how it goes! I'm looking forward to doing demos again and can always use input.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation