1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Shasvastii to Vanilla

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by theresponsibleone, Jun 14, 2020.

1. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

I got into Combined with Wildfire, and am getting to the point where I am thinking about trying Vanilla Combined.

I've basically got all the new Shasvastii releases, Doctor Worm and a pile of remotes (including Ikadrons).

I have Defiance coming.

My budget will probably stretch to two or maybe three boxes, and two or three blisters.

What would you recommend picking up first, and why?

2. Hey Yella

Hey Yella Active Member

My favorites to go to in Combined Army would be an EI construct like the Charontid. You have one coming with Defiance, so you could get the Anathematic instead. TO camo, mnemonica, decent armor and multiple wounds is fun to play with.

I also enjoy the Fraacta as a drop troop. Transmutation means you can take a wound and keep on attacking. She has a direct template weapon too so she can choose to shoot a boarding shotgun or combi-rifle or drop a nanopulser.

Have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of the full Combined Army!

theresponsibleone likes this.
  3. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Let me ask this: what's drawing you to generic Combined Army that you can't do in Shas?

4. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

2xikadron/imetron
    Krakots
    Libertos

additionaly, pondering defince come with a Charontid, maybe good to add somes daturazis

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

^This.

6. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Daturazi
    Kerr-Nau
    Imetron
    Liberto

7. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

Daydreaming what I'm going to paint next after I've finished these Shasvastii?

Pandemics have got in the way of my playing Shasvastii as much as I'd like (although they're more painted than they would have been otherwise as a result)...

But broadly, I am a massive faction hopper, and it's as much curiosity as to what Vanilla CA does that Shasvastii don't as anything.

{Other people's recommendations}

I do have the Imetrons that came with my Ikadrons, so they're effectively a freebie right now. :)

8. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

In my experience, vanilla CA get to ask the hardest questions in the game to an opponent.

Can you deal with an Avatar? How do you deal with 120 points of hidden deployment? Is it a Sphinx or a Anathematic? Either requires different counter deployment. Oh look, it was a Speculo. RIP your TAG. Or maybe you just run a gunfighting Charontid; sure hope they weren't relying on ODD/mimetism. Or maybe its one (or three!) of our unparalleled selection of amazing drop troops.

We get the biggest, shiniest toys in the game, no contest. We pay for them, to be sure, and a good player will go after your support stuff or use good counters. No faction gets to be the Big Bad like we can though, and its really fun.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation