1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the end of N3 fav unit thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dhellfox, Jun 8, 2020.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

with N3 end mere months away what everyone's fav unit?
    maybe you like the model art/design/concept or lore behind them.

i like Takeshi "Neko" Oyama artwork on the jsa box and model. though lorewise its no secret i love my dogfaces; look human(ish) but get pissed off or injured they turn into 10ft tall mass of death.
    also like the posthuman mk 3 and asuras mk 1 scuplt (but my paint skills ruined mine...)

#1 dhellfox, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

i really lie the Batroids line (unidrons, xeodrons, overdrons and ikadrons), conceptualy and artistically they remaind me the phyrexians (white branch of NPH). also, his own background its awesome.

Golem2God and Abrilete like this.
  3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

From Tohaa:
    - Gao-Rael and Gao-Tarsos, the miniatures that made me play Infinity. And they are also very good in the table, they usually are among my MVP's
    - Rasail, the ultimate "Light" Infantry. Just move and shoot ignoring cover until it dies or everything on the other side of the table is dead.

From Aleph:
    - Posthumans. Awesome concept, but broken beyond belief rules.
    - Asura, the female Terminator. Cool and deadly.

From JSA:
    - Shikami, the crazy Ninja in "heavy" armour. Love the concept and the model, but anytime I deploy it is a coin flip between doing great or diying without acomplishing anything.

Vanderbane and melkiach like this.
  4. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Gao-Tarsos +1, hate to assemble unit, but one of the coolest of my army!

Abrilete likes this.
  5. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

The Asura, i love everything about them (except their point cost and the combi profiles >.>; ), i could rant on and on about why but i won't! They're awesome and what roped me into Infinity and playing ALEPH/OSS.

And then there's the new Raicho, who's probably one of my favourite minis ever in any wargame. Yeah, i really do like it that much. And that the pilot is pretty sexy is a nice bonus.

Jenian Katarn and DaRedOne like this.
  6. SpectralOwl

For me it would have to be the Hexa Sniper, striking miniature with a substantial impact on the game if played right.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  7. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Hsien Multi Rifle - Probably the most badass pose in the entire range. He's ready to go and kick some doors in.
    Echo Bravo LRL - Not sure why I like it so much, it just looks right to me
    Limited Druze Killer Hacker - Striking pose that screams confidence
    Guilang BSG (Kaldström) - Second most badass pose.
    Wu Ming Chain Rifle - Thrid most badass pose.

#7 Knauf, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Cthulhu363, Ecthelion and Willen like this.
  8. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Guilang MSR
    IDK why...
    But it just always has peak absurdity whenever I bring her along, to the point where I try my best to remember to always bring her, lest I invoke some unseen powers ire and draw a curse on my luck. <.<

loricus likes this.
  9. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Just my humble opinion:

Favorite miniatures who happen to have great profiles as well:
    • Sheskiin - the new miniature is just great and the profile is as well ... well, if not hampered by bad luck when I play her
    • Corregidor Bandit - both miniatures are great, while the Bandida is my favorite of them. And I just like how the Bandida hacker can do everything ... hacking, shooting, slashing things to pieces, glueing things into place, camo game ...
    • Intruder HMG / Sin-Eater HMG - just great miniatures with great profiles, which in the current meta are not working like intended. Unfortunately

Miniatures I just like without playing them:
    • Su-Jian - my first Infinity miniature, I just love the tiger form and use them as Flash Pulse Bots when playing Nomads. Meanwhile I own two of them, one with, one without tiger stripes (it's a great profile as well, I just don't play Vanilla YuJing)
    • Kuroshi Rider - again a cat-thing, I like the cat-helmet (and the scythe). And although I haven't played them yet, I own two of them.
    • Shikami Combi Rifle /w hat - never played him, but I like the idea of the super samurai and the miniature captures this quite well
    Just my 2 cents

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Uh this is a tough one, I like so much minis and or poses. So I limit myself to Factions I play and are painted (and I add a bad thing also):

Aleph

look - Asura MK 1 she realy shows the spirit of a sleek, beautiful but very tough and dangerous female terminator. The new one looks more like a angry muscular DD babe.

play - Proxy MK 5 FO - best buy for the buck, this guy is amazing and for me personaly has a good record of tanking damage. Remember: Proxys are not too cheap, they have no cube!

Nomads

look - Szalamandra - most badass looking TAG with BFG (and he has a tail!) - awesome!
    play - Intruder (and he also looks so cool (sniper both genders and combi, HMG is more normal)).

Yu Jing

look - Guijia - a TAG again, but this is the most beautiful (playwise a little bit boring, but hey mine got two confirmed one-shoot machine-kills (ARO with EXP ammo, no saves). Honorable mentions goes to Su Jian and the most beautiful HVT, the Dragon Lady.

play - Daoying the new and not so shiny (because most of the time she is busy hiding or hacking) Lt2 but not to forget Haidao Sniper and the famous but boring looking Tai Cheng.

Pan Oceania

look - I would say Jotum, but he is N2 ... so ähm how about the old Nisses? damned, also N2 ...
    play - I had not played much Pan O and not own enough Varunas to test it out, but a friend of my has some very good success against me with his converted Hexa KHD.

#10 archon, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Daniel Darko likes this.
  11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

She look nice, but everytime I put her in my vanilla list, she do nothing, not very well or die fast to some strange accident - but I see new hope in WB and in N4.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Intruder MSR was the biggest fall from grace. Intruders in general really fell from their pedestal and the MSR was hit the hardest. Still it's one of my favorites. I use the older model and it's one of my favorite paintjobs I've managed.

Gecko went from a model I really like but don't seriously use to a troop that has good uses in most mission types. It probably has the highest pick rate on guys over 25 points for me now.

Ecthelion and Tourniquet like this.
  13. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

AHahahaha, I just have one:

The Kriza Boracs. These guys sold me into nomads on looks alone, and I have one painted black and blue who is usually my MVP in any games it hits the table.

Between the simple yet threathening pose, the stupidly OP special rule that somehow only exists in this model and an overcosted CA brick and the fact nomads are just so much fun to play... Yeah, Krizas are my favorite.

Here's hoping it still wrecks face in N4.

Devil_Tiger and Lesh' like this.
  14. Hey Yella

Hey Yella Active Member

Ayar for Haqqislam just looks amazing. Zoe and Pi-well for Nomads screams sweet cyber punk to me. The Umbra Legate and unidrones made me expand from just Morats into all of Combined.

Cthulhu363 and Devil_Tiger like this.
  15. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Clipsos - I unapologetically love my undercosted TO skirmisher. Two of the most powerful rules combined on such a cheap profile. The most broken thing in Tohaa imo
    Chimera Pack - I am super bad with these, but love the concept and the way they play
    Avatar - My most enjoyable games have been all-in Avatar/Speculo cheese. Every order matters and you totally play on the knife's edge the whole time.

For models;
    OG Kaplan - N2 was way too anime for my tastes, these models got me to cross the line and commit even though I didn't play that army
    OG Avatar - New one is generic AF, the old robo-gorilla has tons of class. Don't own one because I need a use for my Caskuda...
    OG Aswuang and Noctifier - Some of the original Shas look super sweet. The new ones are a mixture of generic and cool.

Only really just noticed now that I don't particularly care for the new models. They're not bad, maybe its just because I have such a big collection already... I just don't really notice them. Couldn't tell you one model thats released in the last 12 months.

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  16. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

In this N3, I am on the new S5 HI. Most of them are really cool, but with this nomad heart of mine I have to say Kriza Boracs for rules, while taskmaster for miniature. But there are so many cool looking miniatures that is hard to decide on one alone

Maksimas, DaRedOne and Devil_Tiger like this.
  17. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The one that I started to really love rules-wise when it came out was the Greif Operator. And now we've got a mini!

18. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I will agree that S5 HI have been looking pretty damn fine as of lately.
    Outside of the Azra'ils, there's none that I know of that I'd call "bad."

19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

My favorite S5 is that USAr one. The one with the sniper is one of my favorite HI in the game.

miguelbarbo84 likes this.
  20. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I'll be the one guy that says Ghazi Muttawiah.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation