1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Targeted and Switches

Discussion in 'Rules' started by HarlequinOfDeath, Jun 9, 2020.

1. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

We are discussing atm the Marked State and the use of Switches like Fiddlers as well as Whirlwind.

Whirlwind needs LoS and focuses no target so you can't hit a targeted enemy at range 2 in smoke, for example.

But let's talk about Fiddlers Jackbots who can attack a marked that Aristo at range 2 in smoke. But can they use their switch as well? Since the range is written with a :L:but the text mentions the keyword 'target'?

I am not sure how I would play it. Maybe I wouldn't allow the switch.

#1 HarlequinOfDeath, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

At the moment a Target is Marked, your Effetcs requiring LoS no longer need it, as long as the Target is in Range

Remember that EVERY Effect needs a Target (which has to comply with Range and LoS as required)

In your examples, anyone Marked receives damage from Whirlwind, and the JackBots can impose Fire to a Makred Target in Smoke

:3

Croepoek, inane.imp and Ealthril like this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Yes, I meant "Marked"... damn Infinity States. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

And if you see this answer by @-V- here @Damiel:

Whirlwind has no - I would say dedicated - target, she still hits multiple targets though. So the Marked State interaction with the LoS symbol for switches and such actions gets really confusing.

Since at the same time Hannibal still can't use his automatic skill.

5. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Whirlwind has no Target for the Declaration of the Action. It has Target for both the Switch and Effect. So, interaction with LoS and Marked exists

Hannibal's automatic skill doesn't have LoS or not. It has the requirement of existing LoS, no possible exemption

:3

Croepoek and inane.imp like this.
  6. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Ok. I think this discussion became very confusing. I always played it this way that you can target marked Aristos with all attacks, actions and switches.

Thank you for your answers.

Ealthril likes this.
  7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This question came to me a few days ago, and I think it is a FAQ question that I noted down.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation