1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much Impersonation counts as an ally?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Foxbringer, May 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

From Impersonation:
    Enemies perceive an impersonator in the Impersonation-1 or Impersonation-2 state (IMP-1 or IMP-2 Marker) as an ally.

From Camouflaged(state):
    During their Active Turn, troopers with CH: Camouflage may revert to the Camouflaged state by expending one Entire Order while outside enemy LoF.

From General Movement Rules:
    By the way, allied troopers, and only allied, whose Silhouette Attribute be equal or inferior to the trooper's Silhouette Attribute does not block his Movement.

Now 2 questions:
    1. Does enemy IMP marker prevents my troopers from recamouflaging?
    (One of our players stated: If I count him as an ally, than I'm outside enemy LoF. So I want a clarification, because I think, that enemy IMP is still an enemy trooper in IMP state.)

2. Can friendly troopers walk through enemy IMP marker because they perceive him as an ally?
    (Same idea +
    [​IMG]
    I think that FAQ refers to only true friendly IMP markers, but wording here is really fun, I have not noticed this before)

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

From past answers: Impersonating troopers counts as friendly troopers except when they don't. There's still an enemy trooper underneath the Impersonation Marker.

The best rule of thumb is; they only count as friendly when it is to the detriment of the enemy.
    (Or possibly: the Marker is friendly but the Enemy Trooper is still there as well)

1. They prevent re-camouflage/impersonation/cybermask
    2. I'm gonna go with "No; but the rules kind of allows you to - maybe - as long as you don't try any Base to Base stuff"
    This is a bit of a Schrödinger's Infinity Rule because Impersonation says: "Troopers cannot enter base to base contact with an Impersonation-1 Marker" but official answers have let it be known that a friendly trooper can still move through a friendly Marker without getting into base contact. Technically there's an enemy trooper there, but the rules aren't all that clear on how it works.
    Best advice; avoid challenging these rules and just wait for N4 when it'll probably say that enemy troopers may not touch Impersonators.

Foxbringer likes this.
  3. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Alternatively, go full troll mode and insist that since they count as friendly models, you can spend orders on them as long as those orders don’t make them an enemy model.

Foxbringer likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That's a good way of getting into an argument ;)

Of course, the Impersonator is considered an Ally, not part of your army

Foxbringer likes this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I counter with asking with what combat group is it in to receive those orders from.

Xeurian and Foxbringer like this.
  6. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Well, not the one that has ten other troops in it ;-)

Foxbringer likes this.
  7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I disagree...
    I would let the possibility to revert co Camo marker in LoF of an IMP marker. If the IMP marker reveals with ARO, then the order is lost. But there is no clear statement on this topic within the rules.

About the "move through" part... The Q is about ALLIED markers. It is YOUR impersonator impersonating an enemy. And you can move freely through that. Not through MY impersonator impersonating YOUR Bob from accounting.

8. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yes, but wordings in impersonation and FAQ are fun to combine. And I don't think you can allow enemy to recamo if you don't allow them to walk through. You are an ENEMY trooper in IMP state after all.
    No rule allows that.

But N4 is coming, so there will be much better wording.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation