1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe a controversial opinion...

Discussion in 'General' started by Stormtyrant, May 3, 2020.

1. Stormtyrant

Stormtyrant New Member

I think making the skins is a missed opportunity to make a version 2 of a character with slightly altered abilities. In the vein of Warmachine/Hordes where the next iteration of "Named" characters had new abilities on top of a new sculpt.

Example: Thermoply Maximus gain some DPS and loose some tankiness. As the model has less armor and gains a spear.

krotos likes this.
  2. JAGS

JAGS Member

Too late. There are many skins already with no change on stats. You get that slightly changes by selecting your cards or using supports. They surely prefer to spend testing time on new characters more than on slightly little changes.

HarlequinOfDeath likes this.
  3. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Problem with that is you're making people pay extra for a profile that might be better. Paying 30 bucks for a Fullmetal Kozmo is not cheap, but it's a collectionist item and not something that affects the game. Now, if that version was a changed Kozmo I would be paying the same for 1 character that I am for a full 4 character expansion

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

And most important of all: Aristeia! is a game with plastic miniatures. We offer metal versions as we know many of you like them, but they're only versions, skins with a different design, and pinup. We don't want to force anyone to buy metal for new profiles, even if they only were slight variations from original ones.

:wink:

Gabbi, gravitypool, colbrook and 6 others like this.
  5. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

And it's more likely a MOBA-based game, in which "skins" are just for the eye, not a p2w way of playing the game. In general skins only change your style, not the way you play or the hero/char w/e is going to be played.

jbordas likes this.
  6. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I am with @-V- and @dakara here. We have a very well-balanced game at the moment which maybe needs just some little tweaks to be "perfect".

With more profiles you create an internal imbalance between profiles and maybe an external concerning the whole game as well.

At the same moment this would mean a new pay2win approach like in X-Wing or WHU.

But I like and love the current approach.

jbordas likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation