1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

And it's taken everywhere it can be taken. TOFOOS are designed not to be taken in vanilla, and those few points more the Crocmen costs, are usually hard to find in MO ;P

2. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well... JSA models primary belong to JSA anyway. If it`s not about powergaming and if you don`t like JSA aesthetics why event bother to put effort in buying and painting these models? You either like JSA aesthetics or not.

Good point on calling second class citizen players names, I appreciate that. Stop discussion any not your faction news immediately if you`re so radical)))
    If you want to keep your Roboute Guilliman in each roster go play another game. I don`t like ever-present named characters at all.

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The most fun I have had with PanO are lists like this;

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] HEXA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] CROC MAN (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] KAMAU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] BAGH-MARI Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] LOCUST Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Drop Bears / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] BLACK FRIAR (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Lots of -6 and -3 to hit, lots of MSV, lots of TO Camo, and support from some cheap, light troops on top.

4. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

You don't even know what my lists look like, mr genius. I can hardly put shinobu in every CA list I make (tho every time I play against JSA she ends up Sepsitorized, so I guess I do technically put her in every CA list I make). Or in Imperial Service. I'll miss the Raiden and the Aragoto a lot more in my vanilla lists.
    Discussing factions news and calling that faction's players moaners are different things, much like being sad over losing some pretty good profiles and excesively relying on them.

5. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

I always wondered why they painted one Shikami in the colours of Yu Jing and one in the Colours of the JSA...

Smiler likes this.
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It'd be quite cool if the JSA split on, like, a matter of honour.

One half of them say, serving the Emperor is something we swore to do, and much as the situation of Japanese people is distressing, we will improve it through loyal service, not by betraying our oaths, honour dictates we must be loyal. And the other half say, we also swore an oath to protect our people, and we are failing to do so through service to the Emperor, and therefore honour dictates we must rebel.

Because the JSA does have this institutionalised sense of personal honour amongst it's officers, almost as a defence mechanism against the abuses of High Command and Yu Jing in general, that would make a lot of sense.

Shiwen and Abrilete like this.
  7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They could revive the Japanese Red Army, as a group within the rebel JSA that wants an Independent Communist Japan, instead of an Independent Capitalist-Feudal Japan.

But the Japanese Red Army kind of failed, they don't have a particularily brilliant legacy (as fat as terrorist groups go). Then again, the Kempeitai are the good guys of the JSA, so I guess they don't really care abot legacy that much.

8. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

If there will be copy of sectorial, not cut I`ll be disappointed. Too safe play to be interesting. Like infinite respawn without any loss in latest Assassins Creed game. Today there are kids gloves everywhere, everybody try not hurt fragile feelings of any player. What next? No winner-looser, just draw every time? Microtransactions for premium profiles?

9. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Ok, this point of view I can understand. Though they do not seem to make your models obsolete but rather "force" you to buy a few more in order to use them again. That is, if a 100% split is truly what's happening which is not certain at the moment.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

guys calm down a bit ok?

11. kepkeilen

kepkeilen Well-Known Member

We are talking about a fantasy game where characters, perhaps even soldiers part of an official army, are riding bikes in combat wielding melee weapons. I think we all should ease our sense of what makes sense when judging what we see here. Rule of cool would often trump sense in these scenarios.
    Wait, that got confirmed?

yojamesbo likes this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Just to quickly re-iterate for observers;

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

@sarf, are you that dense or are you just trolling?

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

They won't do that, because for most people buying into JSA Japan is only anime samurai and scantily clad schoolgirls.

And now, to put all of this in perspective, lets draw an analogy: you buy a car, a nice car you like, then one day the car company shows up and tells you "ok, we are gonna take this car you already paid and we are gonna remove the passenger's door, the backseats, the trunk and the air conditioning and we are put them on that over car over there. Don't worry, we just do it for fun and you still can use the car, and those pieces we are taking away are still yours, but now you can either buy that other car we put the pieces on, or keep driving your current car you already paid us for, even if it is not what you paid us for"

What would you do with that kind of car company? What would happen if suddenly VW or Ford randomly did something like this with some of their models but not others? Do you think it would be fun?? We could also wonder how you woukd react to idiots telling you is not so bad, because hey, I know you didn't really like that door even when I dont know you at all.

#634 Benkei, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    csjarrat and Shiwen like this.
  15. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I take serious issue with this!

I haven't seen a single model with a mustache...

Quick! Someone PS a mustache on an Avatar!

Abrilete, Deathwig and kepkeilen like this.
  16. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

While I understand the frustrations, even if a full break happens there is nothing to stop you from using those models you paid for. Proxying is not only accepted, but specifically allowed. You can still use those models you paid for and painted. Maybe not in the way you intended when you got them, but they are not useless.

17. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Since the thread went in flames since my last post I won’t make any kind of rebuttal. However I did not state that CB is a non-profit-organization, but rather that they are taking risks that might not be well received by everyone. But they are risks that they’re taking with the hopeful intent that will improve the game, thus making it more successful, and sell more. I mean.. I hope no one is under the pretense that companies don’t work for profit. Come on, even the Salvation Army and WWF are working for profit.

When it comes to analogies like “what if they ripped out the backseat of your newly purchased car???”. These simple aren’ true, a more fitting analogy would be buying a horse and carriage, waiting a couple of years and then being told you can’t use it in major cities.

Which brings us to what this is all about, and what divides the gamers, change.

A shift is going to happen in infinity, we don’t even know what yet, or even know when, but we know it’s Going to happen.
    And change is scary, not everyone likes change, some might prefer the things like they were.

But this is very simple.

If you want to enjoy your old army, you are free to do so. H*ll, you can even play exrah. You can simply play by the old books, when Ko Dali was yu jing. No one will force you to do otherwise, it’s ok!

However, if you want to enjoy new toys, this comes at a price, namely, change. Change is a fickle lover since it might ruin things you love, but at the same time offer new exciting things.

Fortunately everyone has the right to choose, if you like the good old days, and only “your dudes” count. Play with the old rules!

Whatever change cb will bring to the game will be based on a heartfelt thought that their game will become better, does anyone doubt that? I don’t.
    So relax, let the great mystery unveil, and then, but only then, decide if you prefer to stick to your old guns.

Whatever you choose, no one will judge you, at least I won’t.

#637 Brawler, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    BenMoss, Ginrei, Smiler and 1 other person like this.
  18. DruidNei

DruidNei Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a fantasy (well, sci-fi) game but there are limits at how far can it go till it goes overboard with "coolness". Most released miniatures keep the game still in that sci-fi, cyberpunk, semi-realistic warfare feel. If we ever start getting bike-riding double-lance-wielding knights and wolf chariots it won't be the same Infinity anymore.

Of course this particular anime girl on bike is not as big of an offender. We already have CC biker in Aleph. But while I'm OK with her, werewolves in space, transforming cat robots and almost everything thrown out at us by CB up till now somehow scythe wielding biker just doesn't fit. Both in terms of in-faction aesthetics and general Infiniti-ness.

Fire Broadside, Barrogh and sarf like this.
  19. kepkeilen

kepkeilen Well-Known Member

I think we all can agree that where and what starts to get overboard from the usual Infinity direction is actually subjective and different for each player.

For example, for me the huge ass, absolutely impractical sized double handed swords in MO or the entire concept of Warbands (specially Caledonian human ones) in a futuristic setting are much bigger offenders than this scythe on a bike. But I am aware many if not most will disagree with me on my opinion on MO swords and I am fine with them liking it. Not everyone has to like everything while CB should focus on providing something for everyone.

AdmiralJCJF, DruidNei and Ginrei like this.
  20. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

In agreement with @Solar, we dont know anything about how this actually plays out yet. We're guessing.

That being said, we've got some limited information on which we're basing our guesses. Doesn't make them right or accurate, but thats 100% intentional by Corvus Belli, they're giving little leaks and not solid facts, they've decided they want this discussed in the absence of rightness and accuracy, this is the guaranteed completely-predictable result.

There are a bunch of players personally invested in their faction that are very concerned with how this LOOKS like its going. I am one of them. But of course looks can be deceiving, and yet this is a subject that very much will inevitably evoke passionate positions! I'm a little puzzled, @psychoticstorm (all respect to the forum moderator), where has the level of calm not matched appropriately to the discussion?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation