1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Army in N4

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

I was just thinking about a way to try and even the odds for Morats in the reactive turn in the face of camo+order spam... they're never going to give us our own camo, they probably won't give us perimeter weapons or minelayer with actual mines, but what if they made...

Deployable sensor mines with minelayer.

A low or single AVA zerat-like forward deployer that could start the game with a deployable on the table that would burst discover in 8 inches when triggered. That would push back and slow down a camo avalanche for a few orders without breaking the Morat taboos.

Reece likes this.
  2. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

So, out of curiosity, what justify Vanguards and Nox troopers having the same price? All the Vanguard has over the Nox is +2PH while the Nox has bioimmunity, Stealth and a Zapper.
    I guess the Morat rules has an influence as well?

I do like the idea of them getting more secondary weapons, and fits with the better Morat units like Rodoks and the reworked Raicho.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Nox, Vanguards, and Unidrons are all the "core LI" of their respective sectorials, and have an interesting spread of abilities. I agree, though, that Vanguards struggle to make a case for themselves. The main disadvantages of the Unidrons are that they're terrible at dodging (being REMs) and can't enter suppressive fire (plasma carbines), but make up for it by being dogged with 2 levels of unconscious and having access to plasma weapons. Nox, as you point out, have a very nice selection of weapons, stealth, and bioimmunity. Vanguards have +2 PH and a questionably priced special rule.

4. Hey Yella

Hey Yella Active Member

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vanguard get a similar update compared to the Druze. The Druze got loaded with sweet gear for all occasions including chain colts for a direct template weapon and a viral pistol for close up work. I could see something similar to the Vanguard. They could get a chain colt as well (their Nox counter parts have zappers) and maybe a heavy pistol as a sidearm? I think it would help create the professional soldier appeal to them. I would love to see them get armor 2 or 3 as well, but I won't get greedy.

I've read some great ideas on this thread an can't wait to see what happens to the Vanguard!

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  5. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Nothing will happen. They'll stay 14 points and as is. :cold_sweat:

BUUUUT, if they retain isolation immunity, I'd love to see MORE E/M and isolation effects on the battlefield. Give it to EVERYONE. :joy:

6. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

Are you sure or is this your speculation? You sounds like you know more than others know. It would be shame if CB really won't make any change on them, because right now they are one of the worst line infanteries in the game (Order Sergeant are in the same club, but they at least have some very good loadouts.)

7. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I'm just a bitter old CA/MAF player/enthusiast.

Not having ANY Morats in C1 was a tough blow for me.

8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'm just curious, what reason would CB have to not bring MAF up to speed as well as any other sectorial that's been left by the way side in light of newer sectorials with new gear and leaner kits affording more efficient or robust lists. With expansion books I understand a focus on some sectorials but with a new edition it really only makes sense to bring everyone up to speed. I suspect even Bakunen will get significantly better. I always wanted, Zoe and Pi-Well to Duo, then those two Harised with Bran Do, then another small option of Bran with Morlocks cause he used to be one. Sure each is an expensive bundle of troops in one area but it would also give great list options that they didn't have before. I'd also like to see Reverends get fully decked where a Custodier could join a Core of Moira's or a Moira could join a Haris of Custodiers. And Kusanagi and Healers can join any already so it expands just a little bit more in the right direction... Okay, off of Bakunin. My point is, I think given the new edition, and CBs purposeful focus on new stuff over the years. Well if it's a new edition, there isn't anything new, so I'm slightly hopeful everyone is getting a fresh start. The real question in my mind, what direction MAF goes in instead of will they be as good as everyone else from now on? Hunter focused, Soldier Focused, Warrior Focused, CQB focused, PH focused, more ARM, it could be any of that, maybe a little bit of it all. CB has a wide variety of ways to enhance MAF and still have it feel like MAF. The only way it could not feel like MAF is if it stays the same and I just don't see that happening. Just my opinion, if I'm wrong that's fine, no loss, but if I'm right, nice surprise.

9. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Just ask Kirpal Singh how well the old edition change was for him. With CBs track record of updating old stuff we can be happy the MAF models are so good (and sell accordingly) that the sectorial is unlikely to be removed.

Hecaton likes this.
  10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Speculation is fun, but right now I'm content to wait a few more months to see what N4 brings.

Willen, Lesh', wuji and 2 others like this.
  11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not actually sure he needs an upgrade, he's a Sikh mod, he brings CQB and COC to the table where other Sikh's do not and though those two talent trees aren't complimentary directly they give Acon a wide variety of list augmentation in one model. I honestly think he is great still and have theory crafted tons of lists before with him imagining branching in to Pan O

12. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Well i can see why people would think he is alright if i look at him from a Morat perspective.

Having CoC on a combat jump unit in N3 is just bad design in my opinion.

#232 CabalTrainee, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

As a long time Acon player - Singh is an awful unit since th HSN3 changed the AD+CoC interaction, and one of the prime examples how not to construct a Character.

Hecaton, CabalTrainee and DaRedOne like this.
  14. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Singh is a good example of how sometimes a unit can be forgotten by CB and go from "interesting" to "useless" at the drop of a hat.

If CoC worked when your lieutenant is already dead when he comes into the table, he would be usable. Niche, yes, but usable.

As it is, he pays dearly for a skill that he will most likely not use. The worse part is that there is a skill that would fit him better in the game right now (Executive Order would work interestingly in him.) but they either forgot to update him or just don't care.

15. Stiopa

Leaving PanO aside; one thing I'd really like to see in CA at some point is a Sygmaa sectorial. They're so underdeveloped and so cool of a concept. Imagine taking Tohaa biotechnology, and modifying it through CA's VooDoo Tech. There's a lot of things that could fit in there, completely different from each existing sectorial. Not to mention the possibility of future NA2 based on Tohaa/Sygmaa defectors and outcasts, similarly to how Spiral Corps combines Tohaa and Human forces.

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

As much as I like the idea of a Sygmaa sectorial, I fear it would open a huge can of worms:

Do we want to have CA have access to symbiomates, symbiont armors and corathar? Sure, having those extra tools in the CA box would probably not make them that much more powerful, but it could take away what makes Tohaa interesting as their own faction.

A cool solution would be making Sygmaa have Transmutation instead of symbiont armor, as that would be mechanically different enough as of N3. However, we don't know how N4 will handle symbionts and transmutation yet, so we can't tell if these will be folded into the same thing.

toadchild, wuji, Stiopa and 1 other person like this.
  17. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

This is what I want from the time they showed us Sygmaa.Unfortuantely last time somebody asked about Sygmaa sectorial answer was negative (they said maybe after release of the other already planed things for CA).

I think they can do Sygmaa sect without use of any of these things and instead use different approach to the Sygmaa to make them usable part of the CA, but without takeing place of other our units. Greif operator is imho good example of the Sygmaa unit that add interesting options to CA without making it mandatory in list (I love him in Onyx, but in vanilla CA he has much bigger competition, but I can see some specific lists fore this unit).

jahzir, Stiopa and DaRedOne like this.
  18. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Sygmaa Trihedron and EU aspects in sectorials or a Sectorial with Aspects and constructs would be very cool and thematic. Don't know how to implement them but I just think it would be neat.

19. Stiopa

Here's what I think would fit Sygmaa specifically:

Fireteam: Tohaa
    Transmutation
    Pheroware
    Bioimmunity
    I-kohl
    Stratuscloud
    Regeneration/Automedikit
    Viral weaponry

There's probably more, like Hyper-Dynamics for example, good Doc choices, etc.

wuji, Melkhior and DaRedOne like this.
  20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Alien races feeling more alien in gameplay like this. Shasvasti and Tohaa definitely got some serious play augmentation from their racial characteristics and even EI aspects to a degree. Antipodes and Dog Warriors too (Wanna see more wulvers too). I wanna see this more the other alien races no matter how small a role they play, just a tiny bit of variation but i really wanna see it for Morats. I wanna see Morats really play up that Ph, so normal MOV speed with higher ARM and other skills weapons and equipment based on PH could really make them feel more robust. Kornak and Raktorak being prime examples. I remember I wrote once that since Daturazi I wearing no armor, but are ARM 1 I jested that Morat skin is so thick it's ARM 1. Which would mean all Morat should have heavier ARM.

Rumdog, Mahtamori, Hey Yella and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation