1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do We Want In Code One?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Del S, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

cascuda and all the other exrah got deleted because a lot of reasons at once (fast mould wear, low sales, lot of bad pieces from casting, hard dessign). Their rules were OP at that moment for a bunch of reasons, it was not only the AD, but also a blast when falling, AD was safer (if you failed, the dispersion was not a fix value, and if the TAG went out of the table, he could enter by the point he got out, and the HMG with a +3 at 8"). Now we have something similar (just not so strong) and seems that nobody is against it.

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

tbf that was much stronger and had an N2 HMG. I didn't play the geckos myself but I've picked up on how it went.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I think that introduction of skill like AD:X - Combat Jump without the option to downgrade - would be a perfect fit for ideas like this. You can drop a heavy unit on the table, but without the option of playing it safe and entering from table's edge.

4. Armihaul

If most people don't ristk a 20-30 points dude...fewer will risk a 50+ dude that isn't played played at the moment.

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Higher PH than your usual paratrooper, and ARM 5/STR 3 for durability would make it less of a risk.

6. Hisey

Hisey Well-Known Member

Considering this thread started about CodeOne we can use some of the rules present there to take into account most of what people are suggesting on this AD Gecko idea. Most of this should also work in N4 if the C1 rules transfer over as expected.

(BTW I love the idea of an AD gecko, it really brings out the zero-G feel to them if they're able to drop in from the sky/orbit)

Give them Combat Jump (PH=12) and not Parachutist so they can't safely walk in from the side and they don't get to utilize their high PH.

There's no dispersion in C1, so failing the roll means you're deploying them in your DZ which makes it quite a gamble for something so expensive.

A large balancing effect of a Combat Jumping TAG would also be trying to find a spot to land an S6 model without taking free AROs anyway, and the gecko is weak enough in the stat-line to make that punishing.

Armihaul and Stiopa like this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Now that I'm making my Yu Jing C1 lists with a Yan Huo what I really want is something I can center my 15-20 pt. lists around. I've already done this with the Gecko just in low point lists but having a restricted set I'm forced to choose from is fun. I guess that's why I like sectorials despite not liking fireteams.

8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I feel the role of the main anchor piece will go to either the Kriza or TM depending on which one makes it in.

loricus likes this.
  9. Armihaul

totally agree, I think that the "big guy spot" will be for one of those two, and the TAG spot will be for the lizzard (I think, besides the cutter, is the oldest TAG remaining for a resculpt), nothing for corregidor in those regards (the intruder will make it as our MSV2, maybe MB as the standard HI, and alguaciles as basic LI, but I doubt we will see more from the old CJC in the future releases of C1)

10. Tourniquet

Depends if they focus CJC or BJC could end up with Moderators as the line infantry and Riot Grrls as the HI (but who cares it's C1 and who uses line infantry), It will be lizard as the TAG, IIRC Bostria mentioned it was getting a resculpt in one of the seminar vids, and it is a pretty standard issue Main Battle TAG.

As for the Intruder it's less that it'll give us a MSV2 (Its main utility is moot in C1 and MSV1 is plenty) unit and more it's one of the iconic Nomad units.

11. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

Lizard is one of resculps WIP , maybe Riot spitfire, and Zero resculps are in C1, I dont thing Nomad Faction goes to have a lot of new releases and profiles for this game.

12. Armihaul

Seeing how nomads remain as the faction with the biggest number of old sculpts (and also the oldest ones in the catalog), that might become true. But that can also decrease people's interest in the faction, because it can appear as "abandoned" (even if it is not) in the ways of "look, those will not get any new trooper, they are not developing them anymore", and not all the people that allready have the old sculpts will buy the new ones, some people just want what they use and nothing more.

13. Tourniquet

The army is more or less complete and doesnt need a lot in the way of new entries, all we really need is updated sculpts, and some profile overhauls to bring older models more in line with their more modern counterparts, as well as a handful of new profiles for existing profiles (Can we please have an AP marksman rifle intruder).

inane.imp, Willen and Darkinga like this.
  14. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

It is normal in Nomadas, taking into account that it has 3 complete sectorials, in which new troops such as the bandit, jaguars in CJC and Taskmaster in BJC have been recently added ... plus everything new in Tunguska, which would be strange to me to add new troops to the faction ... beyond reviewing profiles, costs and options. it would be more plausible the re-sculpting of the old minis, than to see new troops ... that can include them, I do not deny it, but it would be perhaps overloading the sectorials that we already have ... unless ... that ...Black Hand...

15. Tourniquet

I really hope we never see black hand, it'll be one of those god awfully designed sectorials where its everything great from vanilla but now with fireteams with no appreciable draw backs and every option you could ever want (like TAK and OSS).

16. Armihaul

pano had 4 complete sectorials (including one that initially was not in dessigned to be one) and got a 5th one. Ariadna had 3 and also got a 4th. Nomads sectorials are the most differenciated, but because how the nomad nation works, it should not be strange to see different kind of sectorials not based on the motherships, but other army organizations (observancy or black hand). I cannot understand how a player of a faction wants for its factions to become stagnated in a game where factions left by might end discontinued (see tohaa, which is an extreme example, but an example anyway). No new units will mean only resculpts, and there are a lot of people that don't buy twice the profiles they allready have.

Specially, when nomads have 2 underworked sectorials (compared to the work on other sectorials of the same time) and 1 mainly obsolete one (with costs from n2, that if things go the same in N4 than in N3, it will get its n3 update too late)

Modock likes this.
  17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Honestly, perhaps an easier sectorial than the Black Hand is an NMF task force deployed to the Intermediate Blockade of Paradiso.

That's likely to have less of a kitchen sink feel than Black Hand, because it would naturally be focussed on Fireteams and REMs rather than our Spec Ops soloists.

#237 inane.imp, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  18. Tourniquet

They exist its called StarCo and ForCo. Also differentiated sectorials are a good thing, they have clearly defined and incredibly impactful strengths and weaknesses that change up your tactics, list building and answers to in game problems, as you need to overcome the lack of some tools through tactics and intelligent application of the tools you do have.

This brings me to fireteams and the main reason why I'm against a cross ship sectorial. The main defense that gets wheeled out for fireteams is that you trade options and tools for an extreme force multiplier in the form of fireteams. If you build a soup sectorial that has the options to fill every role then the justification for fireteams goes out the window and your left asking the question why does this sectorial exist and/or why do fireteams(and by extension the SS rule) exist?

We don't want it stagnate, it is kind of absurd that, that is what you think. I'd much rather see the existing issues fixed instead of just sweeping them under the rug and pretending they don't exist in favour of what ever stupid HI plus mooks fireteam centric shitshow without any real identity they replace it with.

You don't need new sectorials to get new units, or did I miss that BJC was a fresh sectorial when they released the TM? New sculpts will get more new players in to faction (old models that look like ass don't inspire anyone to play). Additionally, adding new profiles to existing entries means new models.

Also on the topic of models I'd much prefer to get the models we are missing first (give me my red fury heckler damnit) before we get a new sectorial which will never get most of it's models within18 months of it's release.

CJC is fine and hopefully its issues get neatened up in the change, I never quite understood your hate on TJC the sectorials is pretty good its just not obvious about it and from we have seen in C1 It may be in a really good spot come N4 with little to no changes. BJC needs work though.

Anything that is fireteam focused these days is a kitchen sink soup list with almost the same team formats where you just keep jamming shit into as many fireteams which kinda kills any real unique identity in the army and leads to some of the balance degeneracy we have (Wildcard was a horrific mistake). Being focused on solo operators is at least marginally more interesting and doesn't require a fire team crutch to get by.

Greg23 and Hisey like this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

For C1 my favorite choice is also impossible, an updated Iguana.

I think Tunguska could use a new unit or 2. Bakunin needs general work done and you might end up with a need for a unit once that is done, hard to say because it will look different. Overall there's not much room for more IMO, althou I bet CJC gets an unnecessary new unit before anyone else does.

Personally I'd like to see some units only available to vanilla, but I don't think there's much of a concept for that in the game yet. Everything that's vanilla only feels like it's waiting for a sectorial, with the possible exception for CA.

Tourniquet likes this.
  20. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

If anything Nomads needs things that are only in Sectorials.

loricus and Tourniquet like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation