1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA discontinued: what exactly does this mean?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by THEGRAAK, May 13, 2020.

1. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

What did you expect Kan honestly? No matter what the topic is you must bring up how shitty is the MO sectorial, why they shouldn't be in panO and how stupid their concept is. Also that they exist only for attracting space marine players.
    You are fed up with MO's existence (in panO) some of us fed up with you always complaining about it, especially in non-related topics like this one. It is a vicious cycle, but you have the power to end it: don't complain about MO for the n+1th times and people won't complain about your posts and attitude.
    And before the freedom of speech card: Everyone heard you during the Code 1 topics, during the Kaldstrom topics and a dozen other instances. CB heard you too, it is just your views on the matter don't align with theirs and you are alone with your idea as the majority of panO players are completely fine with the place of MO (there are some who can't accept the christianity aspect of panO and want all the other religions represented but that is another can of worms).

But you know what? I apologise for the offence, it was more ad hominem than the intended tongue&cheek nature I aimed for.

A Máo: IIRC he have problems with the whole "swingig swords in the future" theme, as it come up with the Beyond Icestorm pack (swissguard propping up that zweihander) which is a valid point as the Swiss with its CC15 shouldn't put that much emphasis on its sword. But it happened quite a lot of years ago so it is quite probable that I remember it falsely.

2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Could be... however, a stylistic touch on a toy soldier in a table top game that hearkens back to the real world descent of the unit is kind of on the fun side, in my eyes... I could be wrong, since taste and like is subjective.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

We just should've accept that Infinity isn't about being a realistic depiction of sci-fi warfare, but a stylistic one, and parts of its style won't align with our own. For example I dislike the habit of so many units brandishing guns and knives at the same time (it was especially aggravating with old Shasvastii line, Akalis also seem to like their own knives, there are many more examples). But oh well, I can always convert, remodel, proxy, and otherwise just handwave it and have fun with the game.

#23 Stiopa, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

The new swiss guard is entirely in the "to each their own" "taste is subjective" categories. The mini is beautiful, so does its sword, but for me it sends the wrong message about the model and its capabilities :) .

5. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

You'll notice that I have not said "no knights in the other Sectorials!". I've said they need to be treated as mercenaries, not as PanOceanian units.

Because for all intents and purposes that's what they should be considered as: an alternative to a primary faction unit which has limited availability(and fluffwise: limited integration), not a primary faction one.
    We had this discussion back when the Montesa got shoveled into Varuna and the Tikbalang into Military Orders. If there were even a cursory effort made to implement primary faction units? I likely wouldn't say anything. As it stands, no effort is made and these Military Orders units have been foisted into other subfactions where they have never been mentioned before.

The Blackfriar was, IMO, a good example of what I'm talking about. They brought something unique and interesting to NCA without necessarily feeling like they were stepping on the toes of anything else.

6. A Mão Esquerda

Especially where something (as pretty much everything in Infinity is) is a matter or taste or opinion. Outside statements such as "the Lancer miniature is larger than the Uhlan miniature", presenting things as if they were facts is, well, kind of silly.

7. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Disagree. It's a perfect example of why alternative hands are something that should be mandated by Corvus Belli's sculpting supervisors. They're doing the work via CAD. No excuse at this juncture.

injenegr and emperorsaistone like this.
  8. Stiopa

I understand your stance, what I don't understand is why it should be so. It's akin to saying that Imperial Agents shouldn't be an integral part of YJ, but should be treated as mercenaries.

Oh, it'd be great if there were some alternative ones included. But until it happens - if at all - I have to make due with what's available.

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

Especially since the Church is at least as integrated to PanO as the Emperor is to YJ.

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  10. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

It should all boil down to "Knights who say Nee." Then give the sectorial a King Arthur recreation and a swift kick in the ass to speed it on its way to NA2 in order to free up space to bring back ASA. I like the idea that the sectorials correspond to planets in Pan-O. Military Orders does not fit that. Varuna, Svalarheim, Acontecimento and Neoterra do. That's why I want to see MO move on to NA2.

That, and to make room for the glorious return of The Only Sectorial That Matters, The Shock Army Of Acontecimento.

11. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'd like to see some more weapon variation put into the knights. 3/5 use spitfires plus the FK/KoJ, and Montessa dont use any SWC weapon. Mostly combi rifles and shotguns with a little spice thrown in.

Stiopa likes this.
  12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Such as? I am not sure about NCA because I don't play them, but the only thing in Acon without a release is the Montesa (which we should see eventually since its in VIRD). Support Pack just got updated which is great. The only thing I think it could really use besides that is a Regular LGL/Fastpanda blister. Only Guarda feels like it desperately needs a resculpt.

Stiopa and the huanglong like this.
  13. A Mão Esquerda

Hexas in NCA could use a refresh, and we’ve never actually had a Hacker SG... beyond that? Not so much...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. SpectralOwl

NCA is nearly complete if you're willing to deal with atrocious packaging decisions and pick up about 8 models you can't use. Missing sculpts boil down to Hexa Combi and Bolt BS plus the new Locust SMG profile, but the Hexa and Bolt are especially glaring since they're quite important and (in the Hexa's case) extremely popular.

15. Judge Dredd

Warcor

Well are we talking resculpts as well or just sculpts period?

16. SpectralOwl

Sculpts period, at least as far as I'm aware. I did forget to add Swiss and Deva AHD to that list as well, though the Deva is an ALEPH thing it sees a lot of use in NCA nowadays.

17. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if we will get a proper warning what other models from NCA will be discontinued? It was kind of creeping in for SAA. And with FC, CodeOne and WinterFor all using some NCA units i'm not really sure what is going away.

#37 CabalTrainee, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  18. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The only thing possibly being discontinued are old sculpts like the NCA Starter and everything not confirmed for C1 or other Sectorials. Which is a pretty small list, Starter, Squalo, Uhlan, Auxilia and Hexa. The only up to date sculpt there is the Uhlan, everything else is old enough to warrant getting canned/resculpted.
    The Hexa Sniper is a very popular sculpt (and showed up on the topselling lists for quite a while like the old Daktari). Squalo is an iconic TAG and the base chassis for other outdated sculpts (with the Cutter being confirmed for a resculpt soonish).

Discontinuing NCA makes sense and it's not going to impact much. Also makes sense for a later revamp form a business perspective. While most important sculpts are up to date, there is a lot of room for sculpts covering missing Profiles (Aquila AP MMR, Swiss MR) together with the resculps (Auxilia, Squalo, Hexas...) and new boxes for Orcs and Bolts.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  19. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I think everything that is going to be cut is cut. The stingray box is just because both sectorials are now defunct

CabalTrainee likes this.
  20. Stiopa

Squalo is modern enough, and it's also in Varuna. So unless it's going to get dropped from the other sectorial it's probably here to stay.

I think Tikbalang might leave MO, which means it's better to grab that Stingray box while we can.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation