1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CodeOne PDF "Password"?!

Discussion in 'News' started by Blakhart, May 6, 2020.

1. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Went to a print shop to get the PDF (new revised version) printed and they said they couldn't do it cause it's "Secured".
    Tried to print at home and same thing.

Are we not allowed to print these out?! I assume this is a mistake.
    Is there anyway to fix this?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, when they uploaded the fixed version it was locked down. You can't even copy and paste out of it with most viewers.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I used pdf.io to unlock a copy of the PDF after finding out it was protected. If you're not sure about trusting strange websites with document manipulation, all you should need is Ghostscript or one of the other PDF manipulation libraries, and reprocess the PDF without the password.

I'm sure locking a PDF is useful in some contexts, but this isn't one of them. :-/

toadchild likes this.
  4. Blakhart

... yeah I have NO idea about any of that, haha. I'll wait till they fix it.

Hopefully...

5. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's because there's a new version online, but I just tried it and there seems to be no limitation on the file.

toadchild likes this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yep, seems to be a new file. Time to search for changes in the text, I guess.

7. Blakhart

Yeah, I was able to get it printed. Haven't looked through it to see changes.

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

This is only a problem with the Adobe Reader software. Open the file in, say, Firefox (Windows) and print away. Install CutePDF (Windows 7) and 'print to file' then open with the Adobe Reader and print at the print shop. Xreader, the default Linux Mint reader, had no problems with it. So much for secure. Well, Adobe's idea of secure, as exemplified by the Adobe Flash Player, of course.

The nice thing about print to pdf is that it reduces the file size to about 6- 6.5mb, which is a convenience. However, in Windows, You will loose the ability to search text, if you print to file as a PDF or XPS. A feature to be certain. Microsoft loves sneaking those into the most unexpected places, *features*, that is.

#8 Red Harvest, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation