1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cover and piece of scenery definition

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ayadan, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

We had an argument last night during a game occuring a Daiyokai (circle red) and an ORC (circle blue).
    upload_2020-4-30_11-5-4.png
    The question is : does the Daiyokai get partial cover?
    My opponent was saying yes, because the Daiyokai is in contact with the building and the whole building count as a piece of scenery so the wall giving him the 33% hidden part of his silhouette counts even if he doesn't touch it.
    I was saying no, because he wasn't in contact with the part of the building giving him the needed coverture.

Who is right?

2. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

I think your picture is a bit inaccurate, but w/e.

IMO if Daiyoukai had been touching the outermost corner of the building (the left wall of the stairs essentialy) - he would get cover. Otherwise - no.

As for treating buildings as one whole piece of scenery - ask your friend, whether Daiyoukai (red) would get cover from Orc (blue) in this case:
    upload_2020-4-30_16-18-2.png

(green line - LoF from Orc, which shows that Orc sees less than 2/3rds of Daiyoukai

If he answers "yes" - don't play with him/her anymore =)

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I would say that unless you establish that a wall section of the building is a separate scenery item ahead of time such as via means of a house rule or by simple agreement, your opponent was correct. The rules for scenery items lists wall sections, doorways, etc as examples of scenery items, but it also lists that access width can be assigned for parts of a scenery item meant for access so it is very possible a single item is a large building.

inane.imp likes this.
  4. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

There is a widely houserule that goes something like this:

“A corner always breaks cover. A trooper can combine multiple pieces of scenery to fullfill partial cover requirements.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation