1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcor Application Question

Discussion in 'News' started by mjungledog, Feb 27, 2018.

1. mjungledog

mjungledog New Member

To all you Warcors,

I would like to join your esteemed ranks. My question is this: Do your minis need to be painted for the application? Thanks!

oldGregg likes this.
  2. Mattman

Mattman Fenix, Defender of Aiur

I'm relatively new to the ranks and I assume my experience was atypical, but between when I submitted my application and when I was accepted, my collection grew by over 100 painted minis. And while its definitely better to run demos with painted minis because its easier for potential new players to appreciate the gorgeous minis when they're well-painted, my advice would be to submit the application sooner than later and stipulate in it that you are working on painting the minis and you'll have a fully painted demo army ASAP.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums.

chromedog likes this.
  3. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I think you need two painted demo forces for doing intro games yeah. Whole collection doesn't need to be perfect though

Balewolf and chromedog like this.
  4. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm not sure anyone knows what the specific requirements are, however running demos are one of the key activities we should do, and painted minis (even my atrocities) will go a long way to help!

5. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

I as a player who does demos regularly (no WarCor) think a Painted 2 player starter is minimum. A good looking 4x4 table (can be at a shop or club) and 2 painted 300pts lists would be best (easy now with Beyond boxes)

6. mjungledog

mjungledog New Member

Thanks, everyone!

csjarrat likes this.
  7. Podmeister

Podmeister New Member

I've also recently applied as I'm looking to push infinity in my local area, and I was wondering if there is an idea as to how long it takes to find out if/when you become a warcor?

8. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Hahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa*
    Yeah I've been waiting just shy of a year so far

*Sarcastic laughter

9. Mattman

Mattman Fenix, Defender of Aiur

Don't worry too much about the title of Warcor and for the time being just do whatever you think a Warcor should do. Run demos, try to get more players involved and excited about the game, help new players get started, maybe run a tournament or a league at some point, go to all the game stores in your area and find out if they'd consider stocking product and dedicating a day of the week to Infinity players, and so on. Having the forum flair as a Warcor isn't necessary for any of the things most Warcors do for their communities.

10. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

It's not a requirement to join the warcors but it's a requirement to run good demos, IMHO.

chromedog and Zinho like this.
  11. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I waited like 9 months to be accepted as Warcor. Don't stress about it, you will be pleasantly surprised when they accept you into the program.

chromedog likes this.
  12. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

I waited for a year and a half until I realized I did not want more responsibilities and “canceled” my application.

Pierzasty likes this.
  13. redshirtman

redshirtman New Member

I've been waiting 2 years myself.

14. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

Is there a reason it takes this long? Are they contacting Interpol for some background research or is it that they don't have time?

15. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

For example, there aren’t many players around my area and there is already a good warcor relatively close to me so I guess they did not need another warcor around my area doing nothing. To be honest I wanted the warcor position just to buy tournament keys at lower prices and even get some for free.
    Advice for new players: I know that you are overly enthusiastic about this game and want to contribute to the community but take it easy, infinity is not a casual player’s game, actually it’s very difficult to learn the rules yourself or even teach other player and make them get interested in the game. Try to collect a couple of armies first and play several dozen games, then decide if you still want to travel and teach other people.

16. dulydude

dulydude Active Lurker

I feel that running demos is the main thing, not painted miniatures. I don't have many painted minis, and none of my demo forces are painted presently either.

It's about being keen to run demos, having experience to run demos, and being in an area that they want Infinity to be known in. Having connections to FLGS and clubs is also important. Our area has 2 warcors present, myself for demos and another who is the more competitive player who helps those newer players who want to go beyond casual play.

Well then I've been playing Infinity wrong since N2 hahahaha!!!
    But I do agree with the whole taking it easy, there is a lot of stuff going on in Infinity.

chromedog, Nat Lanza and Abrilete like this.
  17. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

CB actually wants you to have a dirty past so they have blackmail material.

Abrilete and Aldo like this.
  18. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I also have a question about the warcor application. In order to submit, do we just have to click "Save"? When I click save, I get the "Application was saved successfully" message, but no confirmation that anything was sent.

intruderAlert likes this.
  19. DAE

DAE Member

I'm in the same boat.

20. N3rdhead

N3rdhead New Member

me2, is the application submitted when i click safe?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation