1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brawler cap too small?

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by dhellfox, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

How do you get a spitfire in a haris of Brawlers in Druze?

2. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

@Space Ranger, I'll say i think you have the right of it with how you switch between the factions.

I'm a collector tho, and when I go in on a faction, I tend to go all in. With the quarantine I have been playing some TTS to get some games and test some stuff, and well I think I have a new summer project now with Dashat. If I did Ikari, I'd be playing all aspects of it, not just some pseudo-Bayram. Plus, Hunzakuts are a good part of why I like DBS.

I was going to be content with cycling between just DBS, CA (all flavors), and Tunguska... but now I will probably be running mostly Dashat once we can get back to playing events and I have it all painted up.

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

You don't. I was mixing up Kaplan and Brawlers. I have ForCo brain right now. I meant HRL. Whoops!

4. Space Ranger

LOL no problem. I'm with you. I've been a bit obsessed with White Banner since it came out and haven't looked at my NA2 for a bit.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

For Druze HI I'd simply take Zu Yong or ORC armor and stats (probably easiest ones for a PMC to obtain on the market), give them Druze training (Veteran, Fatality), and mix their armament some (along the line of what Wu Ming use, for example.

For Brawlers: just make them Wildcard (2) and they're fine.

Hecaton and roobot like this.
  6. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Since Orcs have several different trainings atm, it would be easy to just add them with AVA 3 or something like that and some profiles with 'Druze training'. Then it will be similar to Brigadas in QK for example.

roobot likes this.
  7. Stiopa

Except ORCs in DBS wouldn't be a real ORC regiment, just Druze mercenaries wearing purchased powered armor. But splitting them into, say, two specialized regiments - along the lines of Scots Guard, only with something else than Camo - might work.

roobot likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Unfortunately they will probably never make a new HI just for them. So they need to take a troop from existing HI already out there. ORCs make sense because they already use a lot of PanO equipment. But ORCs are in so many forces already, They also don't fit look-wise to me.

9. Stiopa

Zuyongs would be another good choice, then.

10. Space Ranger

Maybe but I just hear the crying from YJ players! Bad enough Dahshat has them lol. One of the reason I suggested Vet Kazaks. Ariadna HI his not shown up in NA2 anywhere. And rules-wise, they are the most close to Druze with heavy armor.

11. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Aw I absolutely love the idea of Druze trained Orcs! I had remember reading somewhere that power armour is super expensive to maintain and run so thats the fluff reason why DBS don't have them, but hey, if Ikari can I don't see why Druze can't! What would people think of a different Arslan profile wearing Orc armour? With maybe a Red Fury or AP spitfire? I would imagine if people could take HI in DBS they would mainly be only taking one with a high burst weapon. I get the the feeling that this is the role Arslan was meant to fill, a powerful link leader to help you move up the board, but he is a bit too slow and expensive to be used much for this. Also how about we just get Jujaks? Partly because they aren't in other NA2 factions but mostly because I love the look of the design! ...Unless the Druze have pissed off Koreans at some point in the fluff as well? ;-)

12. Space Ranger

I'd totally be for Jujaks just because they are cool and ironically would probably better in Druze than in WB. :(

13. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I guess that it is because Ikari are a pretty new outfit, with their power armor coming in with them during the Uprising or shortly afterwards. So they simply hadn't been caught uo by the maintenance costs yet...

On the other hand, TAGs are the hardware considered to be super-expensive to maintain, and yet they still turn up on NA2 merc rosters somehow. Perhaps mercenaries - commanding high prices for their services. Which are then contracted on as-needed basis only - you don't have to buy and maintain a standing army with a lot of shiny expensive toys all the time, you hire them when you need them, and only for as long as you need them.

I mean, if a merc company does the same job for you as your regular army would, and you actually need them for one month each year, you don't really care they cost 10x as much as your regular army. You'd have to pay your regular army 12 months a year, and have use of it for a month - thus your budget is still 2 months-worth better.
    And who supports the merc company for the 11 months a year when you're not paying them? Well, why should you concern yourself with that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation