1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mehmut in the ISS

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by valukr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Smoke is still the single most reliable tool in the game, the kind that'll save your plan when dices are against you and your attack pieces got blasted off the table but you still need to get to the console and push buttons.
    The smoke-trick is also ISS's primary way of stacking mods against anything that isn't in a fireteam.

So, does ISS need smoke? Probably not. But if your faction has access to smoke grenades, and they're not too expensive (looking at you guarda de assalto), you'll take them, period. They're just that good.

the huanglong and valukr like this.
  2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@valukr Fair enough, I suppose it's a difference of mindset as those two things are much the same to me! xD
    But yeah, I get your point.

valukr likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I would argue that it's fairly pointless to play ISS if you don't intend to make at least some use of the smoke LGL. Maybe not both lists, but if neither uses smoke as a key supporting mechanic (doesn't have to be to shoot through, could be as simple as getting stuff into position) then you're probably better off looking at a different sectorial - like playing Varuna without Helots.

valukr likes this.
  4. valukr

valukr Well-Known Member

/Sigh

@Mahtamori @Sedral

I know smoke is great, i use smoke, i am not advocating for not using smoke.

I am trying to explore ideas regarding the addition of Mehmut to the sectorial.

An addition that could potentially substitute for the role of the model that gives us smoke.

Thus i am trying to facilitate discussion that will explore the benefits of this trade-off, if there are any.

I am not trying to find other factions to play, i want to play ISS and for those who play ISS to consider this new addition - that is the scope of this thread.

Florian Hanke likes this.
  5. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Personally, I think Mehmut could be fielded (despite not having smoke) as a non-SWC KSCD carrier. Of course, N4 might bring a new role for him.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, in terms of "could" be fielded I think it's mostly pointless to look for the KSCD as a major optimization point, because the Celestial Guard is so much better and the device doesn't actually bring anything valuable beyond the first. Field him for the other stuff he brings.

7. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Sometimes you need Kuang shi in 2 groups and you don't have the SWC for the second one. In this case Mehmut could have a niche. But you'd have had to go hard on low points high SWC building. I haven't been able to make a list where it is a good idea yet.

Closest I got was this bizarre thing. It's not yet legal due to the bug.

Imperial Service
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT Lieutenant (Sensor, X Visor) MULTI Rifle, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 52)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    CELESTIAL GUARD MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4
    ADIL (Chain of Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Electric Pulse. (0 | 39)
    MAJOR LUNAH Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Realistically, I'd sooner drop the Lunah and and the spitfire CG, and use the SWC to turn the Crane into a Spitfire and add a second CG smoke, and then turn Adil into a more orders in the form of CSUs and remotes.

valukr and Sedral like this.
  8. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I see your point, but again, he won't substitute for the CG handler. Because he doesn't bring smoke. At best he'll complete him.

As @the huanglong points out, sometimes you want those kuang-shis for the second group but don't have the SWC to spare for the second handler (ISS can get quite SWC hungry at times). I can see builds revolving around a Hsien haris or a wu ming core where Adil's kuang shi control device is actually useful.

For instance, I personally really like to play the Hsien haris together with lunah and a red fury pheasant. That's what the list usually looks like:

Imperial Service

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]6
    HSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
    ZHÀNYING (Fireteam: Haris, Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 27)
    ZHÀNYING (Forward Observer) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command) Red Fury / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1 | 35)
    XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If I replace the pheasant and CG handler in the 2nd group by Adil, I free up 1.5 SWC AND still get to have those kuang shis in the second group. With a bit of shuffling around, I can fit a dakini HMG or a rui-shi in there, and upgrade the zhanying to a hacker for supportware purpose:

Imperial Service

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]5
    HSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
    ZHÀNYING (Fireteam: Haris, Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 27)
    ZHÀNYING Hacker (Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 32)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]2
    ADIL (Chain of Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Electric Pulse. (0 | 39)
    DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
    SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Now it's a first draft, I still prefer the first list because it has madtraps. But hey, food for thought.

Anyway, ATM Adil's KSCD is bugged and Army doesn't detect it. For all we know it could be a typo.

valukr, Savnock and the huanglong like this.
  9. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

You gotta ask yourself one simple question.

Are you man enough to pay for MA3 and a monofilament weapon that starts in your deployment zone and has no useful skills?

Zewrath and the huanglong like this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Currently he gets FD1 baked in. He also has sensor and CoC and a pair of DTWs. I'd hardly say he has no useful skills. Whether he's worth the price is debatable, but he definitely has an interesting kit.

Savnock and the huanglong like this.
  11. the huanglong

My question is more do I get to play Infinity enough these days to purposefully lose matches before deployment.

HotFreshTofu likes this.
  12. HotFreshTofu

precisely my point.
    Though, I suppose this thread is intended with good faith at having fun and trying to polish a turd. But I just wanted to chime in with some cynicism to remind everyone that adil is infact, a turd.

If KSCD gets a swc increase or change in n4, he could perhaps have some role. But currently it’s not a competition whatsoever.

the huanglong likes this.
  13. HotFreshTofu

I admit I was being facetious.

think of the most maligned and worst profiles in infinity. They all have useful kit. The issue is efficiency .

I’d argue adil does nothing efficiently. Sensor and DT weapons in a faction loaded with sensor and DT weapons , stealth and martial arts , even coc is done better elsewhere . He currently adds nothing that other pieces don’t already do more efficiently.

perhaps the one thing that is making people look at him is the KSCD. Because it’s a novel piece of kit outside the CG.

As stated in my prior post, I’m adding a health dose of cynicism here , so apologies if it comes off badly.

the huanglong likes this.
  14. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

As far as ISS goes, I'd argue that he's got more going on than the Pheasant.

That said, Code One has him costing 2 points. With how the scheme is plotted out so far, N4 should see him taking a steep cost reduction. I still think he'll need fireteam options to really shine (and there's really no reason for CB not to have included them, when they've given him wildcard in WB), but an Adil that sits in the price range of a regular Zhanying (not that these guys couldn't use a price cut themselves...) would be a lot more enticing.

valukr, the huanglong and Furiat like this.
  15. the huanglong

Unless he's making a fireteam somewhere cheaper and/or more interesting, he'll be a flashy decoration for my bottom layer of foam, next to the Pheasants.

16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

As one of the most vocal haters of the Pheasant Rank, I'd say no. If I was forced to bring a CoC in ISS, I'd bring the Mad Traps Pheasant profile because he's at least a turd that brings DZ protection, Adil is not.
    If they made him linkable then I'd be in total agreement with you.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Are you playing against White Banner? If so, you probably want this guy.

Sensor skill and not going to get f*cked by Jammers thanks to Veteran is a nice combo against that particular army.

Here's hoping they were just being lazy about Adil in N3 ISS (because they didn't want to tweak the faction other than adding the trooper), and this guy counts as a Zhanying or something in N4. He'd be pretty boss in a Hsien/Zhanying Haris.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation