1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new tag; Blue wolf mongol cav, (speculations)

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by dhellfox, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It has a catching on fire problem. They shun it for good reason.

Robock, Crusader and SpectralOwl like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a separate thread on it, but...

I've been fiddling a bit with the dice roller to try and solve the problem of the "Dude with the high perch ARO" problem. You know, all those wannabe-Kamau out there. Interestingly enough, a Rui Shi (with Assisted Fire) is often the solution, offering fair odds against basic mooks even when shooting outside of +3 range going up to kind of good odds if you can get within 24" and in cover before lighting up. Rui Shi can easily be repaired if you keep a Yaozao nearby since even a missile launcher has fairly low odds of outright killing it (even though it does happen).

Blue Wolf is better in the active turn, while this shouldn't come as too big a surprise considering the price difference, it's worth noting that there's a significantly lower risk of wasting orders. It's also better than both Guijia and Daofei (regardless of weapon or surprise shot) in the 0-24" range band.
    Pick list according to table with care, though, as it can tank significant AROs crossing areas without cover, but it does sort of want tables where you can get to the targets at close range before taking AROs (compared to other TAGs)

Edit: my grammar is deteriorating -.-;;

#42 Mahtamori, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Is this because of the 5th dice?

4. Mahtamori

Yes. Having effectively 1 lower BS but 1 more dice than the Rui Shi, you can force the situation against a lot of opponents better

5. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

The blue wolf, in the average situation, is usually going to be a lower BS than the Rui Shi, right?. Cover and visual mods will put him at a 0, -3, or -6 if he is in good range.

#45 Azuset, Apr 15, 2020
  6. Mahtamori

How do you mean usual situation with visual mods? It's not gotten to the point where it's that common ;)
    Even against something with Camo/Mimetism, it's not significantly in the Rui Shi's favour, but it is slightly better for Rui Shi

7. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I just ran the numbers on a linked kamau. Rui Shi is still coming out with better odds.

Blue Wolf vs Kamau https://bit.ly/34CLWn0

Rui Shi vs Kamau https://bit.ly/2xAxfVx

If the unit does not have camo then the Blue wolf is much better.

Edit* Added Link to Blue wolf vs Linked Kamau and Rui Shi vs Linked Kamau

#47 Azuset, Apr 15, 2020
  8. Mahtamori

Well, yeah. With a Kamau wannabe, I mean the linked snipers and missile launchers like Ghulams and stuff :p
    Throw-away AROs, not Kamau

9. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

As it turns out a Linked Haidao vs a Kamau is not bad either.

But back to the Blue wolf! I am theory crafting around him too. I think a Rui Shi and the Blue wolf would be a great match up. hahaha.

10. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I have been checking out different scenarios with the Blue Wolf in the active turn. This guy is a beast as long as there is no linked Kamau on the table.

We have access to smoke with in Yu Jing. Crossing fire lines will not be a huge deal most of the time. IMO

AdmiralJCJF and Mahtamori like this.
  11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I put the Blue Wolf on the virtual battle field against Hassassins last night. He did work.

I managed to peel apart the 5 man link. I stated with the HRL. I lost the 1st FTF and thankfully took only 1 wound. Then I engaged the Spitfire who has amazing BS. And then Leila. Next, I had some serious bad dice when trying to take down the last Aswari. I only managed to do 1 wound shooting 20 dice at her on flats. She was only in a dou at time.

I squashed a Fiday in CC. And melted another with my Heavy flammer and made my armor saves.

My Blue Wolf managed to defang my opponent before turn 2 started.

I will be playing more of this unit. It is bad ass.

csjarrat, Tibooper and Mahtamori like this.
  12. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I was able to play the same list with the Blue Wolf again. Being able to move quickly around the board is amazing if you ask me. He reminds me of playing with the Sphinx. There are some standard problems you don't wont to run any TAG into. For example, being to close to a normal or assault hacker. Aside from those, what I am finding that the Blue wolf does not like going up against any visual modifiers in cover.

If you can get a camo or mimetism unit out of cover on good range bands it should not be a huge issue with the TAG. If its in cover try to ignore it or take it down with some MSV or put smoke down to move the Blue Wolf. I found that trying to remove these pieces is very order intensive.

AdmiralJCJF and toadchild like this.
  13. Mahtamori

Reviving this because I don't want to create a new thread for it.

Twin Peaks
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3
    BLUE WOLF AP Spitfire, Heavy Flamethrower, Akrylat-Kanone / DA CC Weapon. (2 | 89)
    [​IMG] BLUE WOLF PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    GŪIJIĂ Lieutenant MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / DA CCW. (3 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()
    LÓNG YÁ 2 Panzerfaust, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    LÓNG YÁ 2 Panzerfaust, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command, X Visor) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, MadTraps / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 36)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Pro tip: don't get your Guijia critted by a Noctifer ML in the first two orders of the game. Blue Wolf is legit, though. Power Pack allowed me enough aggressive deployment and my opponent gave me first turn that range was never an issue. Saturation zone sucked hard, though, I don't like that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation