1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spud sculpted some chibi mercenaries

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Captain Spud, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

#1 Captain Spud, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Please tell me you have been authorized by CB to cast them, or been approached by them to make copies. This are so freaking amazing, congrats!! Love the "character" built into them, Avicenna, the Zeros, Massacre... and OMG Laxmee. Love them.

Abydog likes this.
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

As usual, the title of your blog remains exceedingly justified :D

Danger Rose, Golem2God and Abydog like this.
  4. Florian Hanke

Florian Hanke Does not know how to stop building terrain.

Blown away by the models and the in-depth description of the process! Thanks :D

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

That's really really amazing! I especially like the zero asking for silence... very impressive!

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

the more i look at it, the more character each model has. Truly one of, if not THE best army i've ever seen.
    Bonus point for evoking the horror of Rob Liefield...*shudder*...

#6 Cthulhu363, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    jherazob and Abydog like this.
  7. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I might be late to the party but it took me awhile to realize that this was an actual legal list. Here is one example of how it could work: Orc+Famous Four Core, Bill+Avi+Kaplan Harris, 2 Zeros.
    Foreign Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    HANNIBAL Lieutenant (Strategic Deployment, Strategos L1) MULTI Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 41)
    LAXMEE Hacker (UPGRADE: Maestro) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Cybermines, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 26)
    ORC Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    WILD BILL Contender / 2 MULTI Pistols, Knife. (0 | 25)
    KAPLAN (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    Plus another one: Nearly the same except with a HMG Orc, Adhesive Kaplan & Breaker Massacre.
    Foreign Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    HANNIBAL Lieutenant (Strategic Deployment, Strategos L1) MULTI Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 41)
    LAXMEE Hacker (UPGRADE: Maestro) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Cybermines, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 29)
    ORC HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    WILD BILL Contender / 2 MULTI Pistols, Knife. (0 | 25)
    KAPLAN (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

3 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#7 Golem2God, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  8. Captain Spud

The list I was planning to play when I eventually get a chance to use them is your first one, but with the Kaplan swapped for a Blitzen Engineer. It's kind of a bad list on purpose-- I like playing trash. ^_^

9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I know that from reading your blog but I wanted to share some other variations that could be from just using what models you created.

jherazob likes this.
  10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

WRT water effect to make glasses or just flat surfaces, you tried the heavy gel like one (art shop ones probably cheaper). Woodland Scenics have many others, including Realistic Water (code C1211) which is clear, dries clear, and should be peelable if applied to plastic or glass. Vallejo has a similar thing, Still Waters (26.230). Trying to figure if art shops have something like those two (pouring medium?) but for less.

Another trick is Microscale Industries's Micro Kristal Klear (MI-9 *), used to build tiny windows in place. You would need a frame (photoetched?), obviously.

*: I was writing this message, and around the product code the system started to give 403 errors without any other hint. I figured it is the autosave thing... and also the preview... and managed to trace it to the apostrophe (it works with s after it, but not space, so excuse the s's), not the code or the brand names. Hilarious. Smells of half done fix for Bobby Tables.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

These are flipping amazing! Love them!

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The models are super cute, but what I'm really loving are the step by step blog entries. I'm reading through all of them and am really enjoying seeing the models evolve from lumps of clay to their final forms.

Florian Hanke and Golem2God like this.
  13. Captain Spud

14. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

So cute and cool! Love them. Kawaii!!!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation