1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monkeysloth's Cavilcade of Infinity Terrain -- Subway entrance Model Release

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Monkeysloth, Nov 23, 2017.

1. realder

realder Member

Went with 65 mm, the print took 23h 49min with 10% infill, 0.1 m layer height and 6 top & bottom layers. Printed beautifully too! Starting on the top now. Nice touch with the three different depths for the optional door panel. Once the whole print is done I'll take pics and upload to Thingiverse :)

Monkeysloth likes this.
  2. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

I was about to ask your print speed if it took 23 hours but then I remembered that at .2 layer and 60mm/sec (80 on infill) the print was like 10-11hours for me. When designing I try and keep the max print time for those settings to be that I can start it around 9-10pm and it will be done in the morning.

3. realder

realder Member

I got it set a bit slower, 40/60 mm. Just printed the top, took 19h 31min. I'll try ramping up the speed to 60/80, it should work fine. I generally don't worry so much about print time, I just make sure the print starts off OK and then leave it until done.

Do you generally design with 0.2 in mind?

4. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

yes as that's the standard layer height most people print in. It's generally much quicker to clean up a print, especially one that's flat like the building part of the entrance then to print at a higher resolution. Was probably 30min of sanding to smooth things out.

I'd probably only design for finer then .2 if I was making something with a steep slope or lots of spheres where having the extra layers will make the intended shape more accurate. That doesn't mean I don't print at .15 or .1 (though my machine can go down to .06 on a .4mm end) I did for the interior escalators section just because cleaning up would be a bit of a pain due to the detail but I still designed it to print well at .2.

I also design with .4mm nozzle too and try to keep thin parts to a multiple of that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation