1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carmen johns

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Doa, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Having nothing to do than thinking about unit and lists(hoping to back playing infinity for July) I question. Myself about carmen and his lovely puppy(or miniatures if you prefer XD)
    At first glance she seems me a useful units, fast, with smoke, could be a problem for opponent if engaged in cc, sensor.
    But other than being a really couple of beautiful minis I can't find her a niche.
    Am I wrong? What do you think about she? I am. Thinking to buy the pack but I can't find a role and that is what stop me

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

But that's exactly the role: they are fast and they do have a Sensor. Wrecked my opponent's Aleph Operations in the one game where I had the chance of using them. The doggo sniffed out a number of Camo Markers, and they managed to kill one or two, too.

Also, you could always push them into close combat. And set up Smoke to cover other's advance.

Robock, Papa Bey, Brokenwolf and 2 others like this.
  3. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I just wish I could take them in Vanilla.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

They do need greater availability to vanilla armies, agreed (except Pan O to prevent them having smoke). Widely-available fast Sensor is a tool that makes gameplay more interesting. Having a non-hackable version is also really interesting.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I am still hoping for a human sensor profile to be added to Haqq. With all the super-soldiers, I am hoping a profile gets added to someone in N4.

vorthain, emperorsaistone and Errhile like this.
  6. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Please, no...
    there's a lot of weapons and equipaments spread to many armies right now (like our Jammers...) i don't want to every faction have every toy available.

KedzioR_vo and Stiopa like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, being on the receiving end of Errhile's Sensor I agree that it's a great midfield tool, probably more useful in RTF than in, say, TAK, as there's less competition for this pair here.

As for the Sensor availability - almost all factions have access to it in the form of fast Remotes. It's more than enough, especially combined with smart Sniffer play.

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Carmen is a wonderful toolbox. Sensor had been mentioned a few times, and that's definitely one of the better tools she brings. Bit its not the only one. The other obvious one is close combat. Carmen and the Nahab are the only units in Ramah that really want to get into CC. Another big one is smoke. Ramah has two great MSV2 gunfighters, a tendency to want to get within 24", and only three sources of smoke. I often use Carmen to lay down smoke for my Mukhtar to advance/shoot through. It's also easy to underestimate the utility of a mobile chain rifle. I've probably "discovered" more camo troopers by catching them under the template than I have using Bâtard's sensor.

Finally, in a pinch, you can just run Bâtard into mines/perimeter weapons without feeling too bad about it. Ramah doesn't have anything truly disposable like Mutts, meaning Bâtard is your best option for clearing out such traps that you cant deal with.

I certainly agree there. I've played Ramah vs TAK more times than I can count, and both I and my regukar opponent feel Carmen is much better in Ramah than in TAK.

Xeurian likes this.
  9. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I definitely don't want Carmen to be in more armies - she's too good to be available to our enemies ;)
    And if she'd be in Vanilla Haqq I'd have a big trouble to choose between her and my favourite Kum - Kasym. I love using motorcycles and in every Vanilla list I have Kasym (or sometimes Zuleyka) and in every RTF list there's a place for Carmen and her Puppy.

As people already mentioned, Carmen is great. A wonderful toolbox. Works great with linked Khawarij Mk12 or Mukhtar Red Fury. She can also destroy everyone in CC, thanks to NBW and her Batard. My Carmen ate her way through some Swisses, Mobile Brigadas, and even outfought Achilles.
    Plus she can make some Objectives in ITS, like destroying stuff, Sensoring stuff et cetera.
    And it's just funny to hit someone with Chain from her and a DA hammer from Doggy ;)

So - if you also like the minis - just buy them and test them in the battle. You should be happy with the results :)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

10. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

I haven't used her yet, mostly because she seems an anomaly in the list thematically. What is the fluff reason for her presence in RTF?

11. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

They hire her from time to time... Presumably.

My main question is the reverse. Why is she not included outside of where she already is?

12. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Tariq lieutenant L2 and maggy like this question too (compared insite vanilla-ramah)

13. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's this. Ramah is described as often hiring local mercenaries, but I'm not sure why there are so few.

I dont want to get too much into this in a Carmen thread, but Tarik, being a leader in Ramah, being better at leading Ramah than vanilla makes sense.

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation