1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linked Jammers: Super-broken, now in White Banner

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Savnock, Mar 26, 2020.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, for your totally unbiased opinion. Good to know how you value defamation in relation to standing up to it.

2. the huanglong

I definitely agree that it's mechanically broken and badly in need of fixing. I think the effects on the game are getting exaggerated though, because it's not a braindead play to get a Kriigel Tri-core or WB core link to where they can be effective. They are harder to achieve than setting up a Dakini or Kamau/Fusilier link where they will do the most damage.

#222 the huanglong, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    meikyoushisui likes this.
  3. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

Thanks, my opinion is pretty unbiased as I have my Facebook profile picture as my photo for this forum and everyone can actually link my profile to my infinity forum identity. Julian Jorgensen. so yeah, I've also doxed people before on here when they were making personal attacks on my local players and their skill level. You on the other hand, have gone out of your way to attack someone on a post in their local group (that kept your details private apart from your forum name) over something that was relatively insignificant. Good on you mate for fighting the good fight!

Cthulhu363 and Lesh' like this.
  4. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Back at you mate. Seriously, your 7th post ever is to tut-tut at @the huanglong for complaining about being doxxed by a warcor whose defence is to abuse him.
    Rack off back to where you’ve been hiding.
    Apparently saying fuck is okay now, cos I was the last person banned for it, but I don’t trust the fairness of the moderation here. Some are more equal than others.

5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I don't have a horse in this race at all, but dude, you don't get to make any judgements about anyone else after this admission.

I've noticed that the number of warns for swears have dropped too. It seems like we've finally moved beyond 1950's language standards for swearing here, which is nice.

6. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

I've been hiding in plain sight for a long while, I just choose to talk about infinity in places where my Anonimity is non existent, like face book and pod casts. There's nothing wrong with lurking on forums, as far as I am aware that doesn't break any rules.
    However outing someone's real identity certainly does.

7. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

Yeah well if you understood the context of that one, it wasn't really blatant doxing like this is. In any case you can call me a hypocrite if you'd like, I'll own it, but at least I can clearly examine the differences between context of a situation and circumstance.

8. the huanglong

Not up to you to decide what's insignificant. And I'm "going out of my way to attack someone", he's merely making a post in his local group. You're downplaying it as his local group, but I wouldn't have even found out if there wasn't overlap. And now 33% of your post history just happens to be defending a famous player in the next closest big meta to yours, who has unapologetically gone and spun shit about two completely different forum members in online spaces where they would see it, all in the span of two pages of a fast moving thread. You're biased, mate.

#228 the huanglong, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  9. Dragonstriker

Sounds like you’re saying it’s wrong unless it’s you doing it.

Hecaton, Bobman, Abrilete and 2 others like this.
  10. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

I hate to break it to you mate, but you are posting in an open forum space. Under an anonymous profile. Like I have no idea who you are and I am sure Rob is In the same boat. However I must stress again you are posting in an open forum, that anyone can see with an anonymous identity. You have however shared a photo of a person from a private group with their personal details on it. You see how the two don't really stack up at all? That's kind of why I have the right to decide what's significant in my opinion. You however don't have the right to break forum rules and then act all high and mighty.

inane.imp likes this.
  11. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

Yeah that it mate. That's definetly what I meant :face_with_rolling_eyes:

12. Dragonstriker

*anonymity
    You lurking is fine, I do that enough. You however use those other fora to decry the nature of this forum as irredeemably toxic whilst patting yourself on the back for the purity of your groups. To then dogpile on the victim and accuse him of doxxing is pretty rich, especially from an admitted doxxer.

13. Dragonstriker

Perhaps you should rephrase then.

the huanglong and meikyoushisui like this.
  14. SpectralOwl

For what it's worth, I don't consider the original quote to look all that bad even out of context but the arguments from all sides are starting to look ugly.

The linked Jammers don't seem too bad unless you somehow find terrain that only allows sub-8-inch firelanes into an objective. It will be a menace in Armoury if the other player can't bring Veterans or Chain Rifles, but the DZ deployment and lack of defensive skills like Marker states or everything Mutts have will stop it being truly oppressive. My main concern is actually for Ariadnan players who like AD, since it would be fairly easy to slap a solo Jammer on each forward corner of the DZ and prevent any safe landings for Parachutists.

the huanglong and RobertShepherd like this.
  15. Dragonstriker

Please repost the rule that was broken. I’ll wait.

16. Lambanator

Lambanator Member

It's always good to see people sink to picking up spelling mistakes.

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Personally I just don't give a shit about the linked jammer because I feel like jammers or isolation are gonna change in N4 and worrying about them in the death throws of N3 when nobody can get a game with them anyway because we're all stuck at home is kinda pointless.

18. Dragonstriker

Well then, you also misspelled that’s and definitely. Happy to help.
    In my experience, when people complain about being corrected on their spelling rather than engaging with the substance of the comment regarding their behaviour, it is because they don’t have any defence they believe in.
    Found that rule yet?

the huanglong likes this.
  19. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Much better than watching them sink to doxxing.

Hecaton, Berjiz, Xeurian and 4 others like this.
  20. the huanglong

I've already fixed the picture, it was a mistake not to edit first. Hang off that crease all you like though. You said my grievance is insignificant, you don't get to make that call, even if I did something worse afterward by leaving his name in the screencap. I don't care if you or Rob know who I am. Enough other people do that the effect on me is similar as if my name had been used.

It's being used to attack the forums on the whole as a community that is overconfident and under-experienced, somehow with me leading the charge. Not just the quote, but the accompanying post.

AdmiralJCJF and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation