1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's good in Svalarheima?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Zsolt, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Goorie

Goorie Well-Known Member

Also inclusive language, I guess you can't name "Father Knight" a female model.

#81 Goorie, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It certainly makes the forumites go round and round about the same issue ;)

And I also wish they'd keep the shotgun.

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Weelll, it's 2020 .....

.... so instead I will just post this

gravitypool, Goorie and theradrussian like this.
  4. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

It's just a name change really. It's the same unit.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

There will probably be a fluff bit accompanying the name change when the C1 book drops. this was teased in the adepticon video

#85 MikeTheScrivener, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    meikyoushisui and Lady Numiria like this.
  6. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

If the father knights have now become knights of justice I wonder what other things will change in the the time jump between n3 and code1 and n4.

Yu Jing is the leading superpower? CA has taken over Paradiso and is now taking over more of the 'sphere? 0-12 defeats CA and becomes the new invaders of the human sphere? (Ok, I'm joking on the last one)

On a more related note: Svalarheima looks good (I am unbiased because I am not a Pan O player). They have good links, nice HI, and great skirmeshers. The Nokken looks really good and I wish I had it in 012.

7. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

The father knights are still father knights as far as I can tell.

8. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

They have identical armour, the same logo and identical weapons as well, only set apart by name and turns out not needing to be ordained priests any longer. Right now they are still not the same unit, but I doubt FK will be sticking around for N4 as a separate profile. They will even repack the Icestorm and Beyond into a new box and can then write Knight of Justice on the package.

meikyoushisui and Urobros like this.
  9. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ok, if thats the case, fine.

10. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

An excuse to make a female miniature without making an new separate interesting profile. At the very least its an upgrade.

I actually will see myself using it in MO in n4 if the changes to MA and Hi movement are true

11. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

That one video actually explained that it is the same unit and changed name after one not-yet-named battle. I think it was that trailer for the 8 inch figure. In there they have the FatherKnight symbol on one shoulder and the new Knight of Justice symbol on the other.

12. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I mean they've essentially just made a "Joan-lite" unit and stuck her in Sval.

13. CoffeeBadger

CoffeeBadger Well-Known Member

The KoJ logo looks very similar to that of the Templars. Maybe they get reinstated?

Teslarod likes this.
  14. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It may be to differentiate them from regular Hospitaliers?

15. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Sadly it doesnt conform to existing fluff.

All fluff pointed to father knights being members of each order that were also ordained priests.

Father knight of santiago, father knight of montesa, etc.

The fluff blurb made it seem like all father knights were at one battle and decimated ?

Why would father knights from all the distinct orders be at 1 battle operating in one battlefield unit or formation?

That doesnt make any sense

the huanglong and Judge Dredd like this.
  16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It may not be at one single battle, but with the casualties sustained across the board in the battles of the Third Offensive, I could see the need for the change. After all, Father Knights are supposed to be at the forefront of all the battles, so makes sense.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  17. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The changes to MO's list restrictions (from back when you chose an order to be the order for your list) diluted the flavor and probably were one of the big things that led to Father Knights getting canned. Thematically speaking, the profile doesn't really need to exist in the army now that you can mix and match all the other knights too.

18. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I dont think they were decimated, 10% losses probably isnt high enough to disband them...

Papa Bey and RolandTHTG like this.
  19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

FKs and Seraphs have fluff bits about Father Officers being a bit too eager to lead from the front on top of a tendency to push themselves and their troops a little too hard.
    The Seraph TAG is an attempt to add a little self preservation by encouraging that fighting style (although not the style of leadership it seems, Seraphs oddly lack LT Profiles everywhere) but removing the pilot from any imminent danger.

Could just be possible they have slowly been dropping in numbers for a while now, the fluff sees to hint at it.

Also: the Neo Vatican ain't catholic. Female priests are a thing in most other versions of Christianity. CB blundered that one a long time ago and your physical meatbag strength doesn't matter if you're in a suit of high tech powerarmor.

Judge Dredd, A Mão Esquerda and eciu like this.
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Is't 20%-30% loses in single unit redering the unit "unfit to fight" and around 50% as "wiped out" ?

Isn't it in only in some minor (lower church) anglicanism, and only some of the multitude of american denominations ? (plus some extra rare and minimal number of catholic splinter organisations?)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation