1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jujak could be a little spicier?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by the huanglong, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

ORC (Varuna Div.) (Multiterrain: Aquatic/Jungle, Stealth) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)
    ORC (Mountain Terrain, Climbing Plus) MULTI Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 44)

ZÚYǑNG (Jujak Div., V: Courage) Combi Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 32)

?

Kallas likes this.
  2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Without the ability to core a Haidao MSV2 MSR, IA and WB will be very different. Yes, Liu Xing is a phenomenal wasted opportunity. It should have 2 wounds and albedo.

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You're misunderstanding, it's not that they couldn't do extra WB profiles for the Zuyongs, it's that they've taken IA's same linking troops Zuyongs and Zhanshi, given the same wildcards Shang Ji and Lei Gong for these links. We're practically a Haidao away from having a completely identical link.

It's basically too many of the same troops making the same links. So now we have Jujaks.

It'll be different, but not different enough to the point where there isn't an argument of which sectorial runs a Zuyong pain train better.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  4. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I've been toying with the idea of using him in duo with a Tian Gou Jammer disguised as another Jujak; or pairing him up with Lei Gong, since both move the same distance. When you take into consideration the smoke support Monk bring, that fast and tough HFT might be able to do some real work.

Willen and Azuset like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think the Jujak are pretty different now. I thought they were pretty much the same at first. They are Veterans for some missions, the 6-2 move for now makes them very different, courage is not bad too.

The thing I dislike the most is being forced to have a Shang Ji in a fireteam. This holds them back from using that 6-2 move.

6. Triumph

The expectation is that once profiles update to N4 the majority of HI will be 6-2.

If Zuyongs stay 4-4 though that'd be probably another reason that the Jujak exists as a not Zuyong-Zuyong replacement for Shang Ji to link with.

7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I have my suspicions/hopes that the jujak are taking the shang ji profiles and shang ji are getting an overhaul As many of the jujak are just shang ji loadouts but cheaper.

8. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

The jujiak is a bit bland true, but his loadout does complement shang-jis rather well. The issue I think is that it's not exactly a sectorial where you want to build HI pain trains, and since they're locked with shang-jis for fireteams it does limit their options.

There might be some interesting things to do with duo teams maybe?

9. Space Ranger

I never expect anything anymore. CB seems to like to screw with us lol.

At first I thought the Jujak were what the Shang ji were supposed to be but then they had second thoughts. They got what I wanted on the Shang Ji, a HFT. So i got in a half-assed way. So who is subordinate to who here too? Jujak are Veteran Troops, Shang Ji are Line Troops still.

10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The Jujak isn't really screwing with us. It's a solid profile overall, and of the baseline infantry, probably got the most going for it in vanilla right now (although there's still something to be said for the Wu Ming LGL and CR/SMG profiles too).

The only issue is that for a profile so basic, it flies in the face of CB's SKU problem and policy.

Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Aye! Pretty much this! It's our third batch of SKU for a BS 13 roughly ARM 3 BTS 3 W 2 heavy infantry that starts in the deployment zone and has no additional MODs. 4th if you don't want to be kind to Shang-Ji

Kallas and Henshini like this.
  12. Space Ranger

One thing bugging me is that I think it would have been more thematic for the Jujak to have a HRL, and the Shang Ji to have Missile. Oh well.

Mahtamori likes this.
  13. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I choose to believe the Jujak does have something else in store for N4. I mean, the fact they can duo and keep the flamers on most profiles is great really (the Spitfire profile seems particularly nice in WB). Maybe they get a new rule we haven't heard of, or maybe there's a new point-cost system that makes them cheap?

We where told WB and WF are N4-thought sectorials, so maybe they have something nice lined up for their units.

14. Mahtamori

So with the Jujak being so similar to Zuyong I've been trying to translate my better IA lists to White Banner in the roughest way possible (a HRL taking the place of a Haidao MSR, Qiang taking the place of Zuyong HMG, etc), but I've found it to be almost impossible for the weirdest reason possible. Pangolin FTO is not a Fireteam Operator in White Banner, nor is Son-Bae. This is causing any translation to run into serious cost problems as White Banner HI teams gets ridiculously expensive because Tian Gou are significantly more expensive than either those two.

It's a tiny bit disheartening that a Jujak-team has a hard time fitting complementary Long Ya and Hundun support, but on the other hand it's easier to make lists that does TAGs decently. I think the root cause is Shang-Ji locking Jujak out of Fireteams and in a way I'd probably be happier if Shang-Ji were not in the sectorial and Jujak were the Wildcards, at least in their N3 incarnation.
    This might change if Shang-Ji gets a more thorough re-work or if N4 makes both of them a tiny bit less expensive, even just a shift of around 1-2 points each would probably work wonders.

the huanglong likes this.
  15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'm quite pleased that WBA can't run a pain train as smoothly as IA, and I don't think it would even if Jujaks got core and haris like they should. But it would be fun and interesting.

As for the Hundun, is there a reason you want to take them? I doubt I will before N4.

16. Mahtamori

They provide a decent large middle finger to Fireteams and can also pose a serious threat to non-TO TAGs. Some minor saturation of mines allows a low-key Hidden Deployment. I see it as outsourcing the heavy weapons and would like to get those Jujak flamers into Ye Mao Haris and Zhanshi Cores.

Edit: you know, shift attention away from Heavy teams while keeping up the Yu Jingese Heavy presence. Even limiting Jujak to Haris at most and no Core would do nicely

17. Triumph

That weird overcosted Jujak profile almost looks like it's missing Haris and TacAw.

Mahtamori and the huanglong like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Possibly. The same divergent kit as the Engineer makes me think it's Engineer, but points is correct for Haris and TacAware. I'd prefer your suggestion, but I also expect that CB wants to keep TacAware away from Jujak.

the huanglong likes this.
  19. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Why would you expect such thing?
    Is Jujak some kind of not-so-well organised units / not very professional guys?

I probably missed the fluff around this - sorry if it has been already said.

20. Mahtamori

I think for game play reasons, not fluff. I don't think it would make sense to make another Yu Jing sectorial that re-uses the same schtick as Invincibles and in specifically White Banner that would also detract from Shang-Ji.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation