1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definite N4 Comments, Suggestions, Ideas, wishlist's and Bugs that need fixing thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're not reading it wrong, it's me not writing it elaborate enough. Quickest explanation is; Ratnik/Black Jack/Az'rail do not cost close to 55 points with a Missile Launcher or HMG equivalent gun. Units performing worse in the same role when they're cheaper should be fine and I'm also excluding f.ex. Mowang or Su-Jian from a comparison simply because they fill a role that's far too different.

A reasonable compromise is for dual weapons to also give +1 burst in ARO, considering that they seem to cost about the same as Full Auto 1 (except for dual pistols which are much cheaper/free and Yan Huo which seem to pay full price for both Missile Launchers)

2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

If it's just the wording to implement it as a rule:
    On a successfull crit the target has to reroll one successful ARM or BTS roll, attacker's choice.

Would imho be a much more reasonable crit effect without raising the RNG stakes.

DukeofEarl and roobot like this.
  3. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Bostria.jpg

Well i have no clue if that is Bostrias account.

4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Oh new Crits are all but confirmed to be flat out an extra save.

Was making an example for how it could just have been more difficult to save against a crit instead of potentially allowing it to do even more damage.

DukeofEarl and CabalTrainee like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Each failed Saving Roll results in a lost Wound/STR.

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation, even if I'm not a fan of it

7. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

N4 needs to reign in the number of below the profile one-off link rules. I would rather more things get core, haris and wildcard than have to solve the riddle of what is a legal fireteam as we see at the tail end of N3. Of course this should be balanced by getting rid of +3BS for fireteams. I think WIP bonuses make a lot more sense for fireteams.

8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

What if Fireteams +3 had a hard cap? Like the max BS you can reach with it is 15 or 16, meaning that high BS units don't add it onto their range bonuses?

9. SpectralOwl

PanO would hate this, even more than they hate life already. It does nothing to punish low-BS high-risk AROs like LI Mimetism Snipers and makes their HI actively worse when linked. All that's needed to reign in links is to stop making filler and Wildcard so absurdly accessible; notice how so few SWF theorycrafters are crutching on the Nisse Sniper while a nearly-identical unit in Varuna dominates the entire Sectorial? It's because the Fireteam bonuses are actually costed appropriately if most team members pay the same in points. Only recent innovations of cheap mixed links and reserving expensive gear like MSV for 1-2 gunner profiles are enabling the abuse we see now.

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Only if they give *every* faction smoke grenades and an MSV 2 piece that has a B4 weapon. That stuff is too powerful without counters.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It is a major issue that the only thing keeping smoke trick balanced is the 5 man linked AROs.

Berjiz, Hecaton, loricus and 2 others like this.
  12. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

... I wouldn't be sad at all if link teams lost all of their shooting related bonuses and it became more of a way to allow you to move lots of bodies and not much else.

13. Mahtamori

Not to be too dramatic, but that'd probably kill off all sectorials except.. hm... White Banner and Shasvasti, and even those two would probably see drastic drop in use.

14. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is serious or sarcastic, but I generally play vanilla and don't have too many issues with the smoke trick.

loricus likes this.
  15. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

What's so bad in saving up Orders on movement? And sectorials get other privileges apart from fireteams.

16. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Well, Sectorials also have certain disadvantages, such as a more limited unit selection overall, which is balanced out by the sectorial-exclusive AVAs and profiles they get...

But then that just leaves us at square zero, and moving several models at once can be kinda dangerous as well as clumsy, so...

Fireteam bonuses kinda need to stay, but can certainly serve to be toned down a tad bit. Again, no SSL2 and only get SSL1.

17. Mahtamori

What if Fireteam BS Attack MODs were based on the number of troopers with LOF to the target similar to how they perform in melee?
    Theoretically it's not too bad, but practically the fact that all of the Fireteam members have to be kept in such close quarters is a massive drawback that's easy to exploit not to mention that it's only a benefit if you actually need the bodies moved to where the primary model is moved which is also the reason why Fireteam Duo is so rarely used. From my experience, the reason you take most sectorials is that you get a bonus in shooting to counter-act the fact that you're missing out on a bunch of valuable profiles and aside from White Banner and Shasvasti I don't think sectorials are sufficiently filled with valuable solo miniatures that the increased AVA matters.
    It's like, why would I take IA? I get increased AVA on Zhencha, Mowang and Daoying, but that's not nearly enough to counter that I lose access to Guilang, smoke and Kaung Shi

That, and Fireteam bonuses gives a vast number of profiles in this game a reason to exist. Most of them are kind of crap without Fireteam bonuses.

Berjiz likes this.
  18. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

That as well. Most basic infantry cheerleader SWC options are useless without them. T:

Mahtamori likes this.
  19. SpectralOwl

That would be an interesting solution to the Gunner and Marching Band dynamic we see now. I had a similar idea with Forward Observers, allowing them to activate when they have LoS to the target of another shooting model to grant the Targetted bonus, instead of requiring them to win a FTF roll with worse odds than a Combi.
    That's a reason to fix a lot of units, not keep a massively confusing pseudo-squad rule in its current form. Dropping SWC costs on the basic infantry heavy weapons, for example, would be a lot more easily justified without the Sectorials messing it up for everyone by making Fusiliers outshoot Squalos.

20. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I hope this will not the way to do some upgrade in N4 for fireteams. I think is one of the best things in Infinity, not only worthy for the spare in orders.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation