1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tabletop simulator?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by QueensGambit, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

thanks a lot for this thread, was very helpfully for my first game yesterday via tabletop simulator!

RobertShepherd and QueensGambit like this.
  2. Xagul82

Xagul82 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the effort of writing your experiences down. I get a file not found error message when I try to follow the link[emoji53]

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_I01WD mit Tapatalk

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Looks like by converting it to pdf I can attach it directly to this post. So just see attached and ignore the previous link that I can't seem to get working :-)

Attached Files:

ijw and Abydog like this.
  4. QueensGambit

New version attached. Improved the organization, updated for the latest version of TTS, and added some new things I figured out (e.g. hold the right mouse button to move a unit up against a building or under a bridge.)

Attached Files:

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Tabletop Simulator is on a half price sale this weekend...

RobertShepherd and Florian Hanke like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if people have suggestions for good Workshop mods containing maps and/or good terrain pieces?
    I've come across one called Necromunda Terrain MegaPack that has a bunch of ~90s style worn industrial terrain, but more than that would be appreciated :)

Willen likes this.
  7. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

The Discord VaulSC linked has a spot specifically for the sharing of maps, with quite a few on it.

8. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Tried yesterday and it was a blast. I do agree with the above, the Discord for other maps look interesting but lack of an index or repository for people just coming in is tought to find new maps or resources.
    I am also going to try some SW Legion maps and see if there is something of use there.

9. Mahtamori

Lesson learned today; keep any bags away from the dice rolling area. The dice might end up inside them, and that'll make the game get stuck in "wait for the dice to finish moving before rolling again" sort of deal

10. Morkai5

Morkai5 New Member

So the new one has no background or it's just me?

11. Mahtamori

That's intentional. They found the faux store area in the old plugin to outlive its welcome pretty quick and detract from the game.

Morkai5 likes this.
  12. QueensGambit

There are some optional backgrounds you can turn on. The open field one is quite nice, and also the contrast makes the table slightly more visible I find. I wish I could play Infinity in an open field in real life.

13. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

Hey there, if you're having some problems with the contrast in the base room you can adjust the lighting level by either using the little preset menu on the scenery table to one side, or else use the Options button at the top of the screen and select Lighting.

From that menu, you can mess around with light until it suits you - the Look-up Textures may be of interest (LUT on the menu) for preset lighting conditions. Hope that helps!

Lighting in TTS.jpg

Daniel Darko and QueensGambit like this.
  14. QueensGambit

TTS recently released a new version. Here are the changes I've found:

- Right-click a model and select "toggles"->"Measure movement." Now whenever you move it it will measure without having to hold down tab. For this to work, "ruler mode" also has to be set to "auto."
    - But it will sometimes cause distances measuring to snap the ends of the ruler to the wrong place. Override this when measuring distances by holding down ctrl as well as tab.
    - Holding Tab and F1 will still work to draw a line without measuring.
    - Also in the line tool, set "2D or 3D" to 3D to retain the behaviour we're used to. While measuring, hold down shift to get a horizonal and vertical distance.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation