1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitte Banner Review

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Onisa, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Say again? I don't follow the logic.

2. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I believe he is saying the Long Ya’s free SWC for minelayer counters the 2 SWC cost of Guilang Lt

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't think that's really a good way to look at it. Neither unit is dependent on each other to create this discount.

Joan and a gaggle of cheap irregulars is a good example of her functionally creating X regular orders per Y points, because you need both the Inspiring leadership and the Irregulars.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Long Fa are 0 SWC Minelayers and Panzerfaust. Minelayers generally cost 0.5 SWC, as do many Panzerfausts (particularly of that sort).

So 2 Minelayers + Guilang Lt = 2 SWC. This isn't unreasonably expensive, it's similar to what you see in CJC. Basically there's options to make use of the Guilang Lt by leveraging the 0 SWC options provided by Long Fa.

That's not the sort of problem YJ usually experiences, but it's common in Nomads. WB seems to have a lot of low SWC tools (again, in a similar way to Nomads), so you can probably get a lot out of 3.5 SWC after Minelayers, Lt and Hacker.

Not something you'd do all the time, but for a mission where you really wanted a Marker state Lt it seems like a viable option.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So, every time you worked on the <translation> of a company's product, that company exerted editorial control over <their own> product. Have you ever worked on a third party product for those companies? Infinity RPG is a third party product. Like do you think Games Workshop did extensive QA on Space Hulk: Deathwing or Total War: Warhammer? Do you think they did so on Chaos in the Old World?
    From what I hear, CB did a lot more QA on their IP during the process of the RPG than Games Workshop ever does on their third party products, but they don't do so to the extent that they take over the creative process or production of the product.

Look, your demand that they do the work that they specifically sold to Modiphius to do is absurd...

6. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I know you're passionate, but just saying 'I have Aspergers' doesn't actually make your posting habits tolerable.

7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Man this WBA rosterbuilding is hard. Theres three rabbits I want to catch (Dakka, Mission, Link!), but looks like I am riding on a spiral of messy dilemma. lol.

Why I am looking at Shang link with two firemen, dammit

8. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

I have The same feeling. I will get easier when I will build army for certain missions. Right now there are too many options. Every list of mine has a problem of taking all of the cool stuff and forgetting about workhorses like doc od guilang fo.

ObviousGray likes this.
  9. BenMoss

BenMoss Well-Known Member

Anything like this varies massively between IP holders and some are a lot more precious about certain details than others. That can vary between some that want specific numbers of spikes in hair to be visible from specific camera angles to IP holders that have an initial meeting to check that the third party has some knowledge of the IP and then don't check back in until they do a final sign off. GW are by all accounts an interesting beast as they've swung between both extremes at different points in time and depending on the medium of the product being made.

Mahtamori likes this.
  10. ObviousGray

As for me, my symptom is adding 2 Long Ya SMGs as soon as I open the WBA army builder. Can't resist this thing

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Exactly right! There's micro-managers and there's those who are content at merely protecting their rights and harvesting profit. I think CB falls a bit more towards the latter while GW currently seems so hard towards the relaxed part that they hardly harvests profit lately. We just can't expect or demand that a company swings hard towards the prior, it is the producer that's to be held accountable for their product.

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I might sometimes not catch myself soon enough to stop repeating the same argument and try convince people like in the other threads, or get too passionate about something, that's where that kicks in.

I know when I'm being sarcastic though, thank you very much. I'm not using my being on the spectrum as an excuse, the sig servers only as information for those with enough good will to care and adjust their perception a tad. Err on the side of empathy, if you will.

Somehow I don't see people pointing their finger openly at those well-known posters who are way more cynical in their posting than myself, grumpy all the time and offensive against other users, not simply criticizing the issues or actions of the company. Only the company gets defended, it almost always gets a pass.

Some people dare to agree when the company missteps, but it always takes a lot of talking about it to encourage them to speak openly. Some others simply thank me in PMs for pushing on some issues they did not speak on themselves. On other issues I sometimes unnecessarily belabor the point, that's on me of course

It's also not on you to decide whether my "posting habits" are "tolerable" or not. You're not the forum police. I appreciate your list building feedback and will always gladly talk game theory, but on this topic please step off.

stargorger likes this.
  13. Quickit

Quickit Well-Known Member

The Long Fa make solid ARO speedbumps for a Rambo unit. The Heavy Shotgun is fantastic if you place it at a choke point where you can take advantage of the +6 range, but it is a tough choice at 5 points more. Or rely on the Panzerfausts as a deterrent for long range ARO's, and if it gets taken out, you still left a little explody present to slow down a skirmisher unit later in the game.

Active turn, the SMG is the better choice, especially with Camo and Surprise.

Tourniquet likes this.
  14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

If we had a model. I play in a meta, that requires painted models and as less proxys that are possible. Convertions are okay, but for me, Long Ya is not so good, that I go and buy another of the acient rem boxes to glue PF on it. But if it will be a blister, I may concider to buy two - same if it is in the resculpt box set. I hope for one in the Beyond Box :innocent:

But I like this profile a lot - first Camo REM IRC :grinning: maybe thats the reason, why WB has 3 Engineer Choices and AVA 2 on the Gongcheng.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Your meta is not ok with proxying a profile that literally has no model? O_o

16. ObviousGray

IMO WBA's main weakness would be its lack of distance ARO IF you don't pick Shang Ji or Korean bois to ARO duty. You can point into Hundun, sure, but we all know how many miserable solo pieces die easily on a brink of a wind. I miss Haidao so much, darn!

From my point of view WBA relies on Monk and Camos to tank off enemy attack - bad thing is, except Long Ya our Camos cannot poise much punch to the main Rambo guy. Which could be quite troublesome, thats why I can't take off Long Ya :/

17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I mean less as possible - they will okay with that for a while, but its better to present a converted model.
    I for myself don´t like much proxying, but that will go to deep here.

The point is: Give us a model as soon as you can CB! Please!

18. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

My biggest concern/ hope (I don't know what to think about it yet) is about models in beyond box. If CB puts ye mao MR + Tian gou CR/BS + long ya, I may consider buying that box twice. I will be worse if it includes any swc weapon because I can imagine running double red fury 2st section but not double ye mao swc weapon, neither spitfire nor ML.

19. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Not a big fan of personally proxying either myself.

I have nothing against it, just that it can end up confusing myself sometimes. T:

That, and I'm not too big a fan of duplicate units whenever I play, so I don't feel too bad about not proxying.

archon likes this.
  20. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Just here to comment the Blue Wolf got it's S changed from 5 to 6. Maybe something else got changed?

CabalTrainee, inane.imp and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation