1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström goodies

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Make PanO Great Again :P, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death

Death Well-Known Member

People speak with their wallet. I'm not sure why anyone would preorder a sectorial that doesn't look interesting to play.

injenegr and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hilarious. When all is not roses, it's suddenly "this place", eh? Not CB's decisions, not the lack of clear design ideas, not the missing balance between the two factions and between them and the rest, not previous excuses about "freeing up design space for Sval and White Banner" by booting JSA, not the baffling idea of adding the half-baked profiles into N3 upending it for half a year before N4 with broken bullshit like 360 vis Core linked SSL2 Holo1 Jammers.

No, it's "this place". "Those people". Never the company. Ever.

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

For me, let's just say that I'm very glad that I lag a year behind the latest hotness with my own play.

Maybe SWF will be solid in N4, but I see little to no reason to play them in N3 (which is what this update was for).

LaughinGod and injenegr like this.
  4. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Eh, I think it'll be fun and interesting.

Most of the time in Infinity, when something is "sub par" it's only so by a small margin. I'm good with working inside that margin. I like the models and the idea of a Scandinavian based force. That's enough for me.

chaos11, Sungwon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

My attempt at creating the Nisse Core, Limited Insertion style.

Svalarheima’s Winter Force──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34) NISSE MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34) QUINN Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23) MAQUINISTA (WinterFor) (CH: Mimetism, Multiterrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18) NISSE Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30) KNIGHT OF JUSTICE Lieutenant Spitfire / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 51) VARG (Minelayer) K1 Marksman Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 30) VARG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26) NØKK Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30) BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23) 6 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Reece likes this.
  6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

One thing that will help Winter Force out a lot is if the Nokken and Locust get hidden deployment in N4. That would be HUGE.

7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And the folks crawling out of the woodwork to 1) prove you right and 2) pass final judgment on something that dropped today.

8. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yes, because two years from now we are going to look back and be shocked how anyone could think Winter Force would not be dominant in ITS when they lack anything really scary.

Not to say they are terrible but I rate winter force at the same tier as MAF. They can win games and even tournaments but nobody considers them a top tier sectorial in the same vein as OSS, ISS, and the like.

Things that could change Winter Force for the better. Hidden Deployment Nokken. That right there is the biggest change that would greatly help SWF.

Something to make Boyg Soldiers worth taking. Otherwise they are a dead unit.

#668 Death, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    theradrussian and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  9. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I don't see why, "Sweet ass model." can't be an answer here. ;)

10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s an excellent answer.

Dragonstriker and Reece like this.
  11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

That's going way too far.

12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yes, plenty of units are sweet ass models. One can hope for their rules to be good as well.

For example, I have always loved how Orcs look. That doesn't change the fact that they are a bare bones HI unit that are outclassed by more elite HI and are generally not worth taking if you can make use of said elite HI.

Now that theres options for climbing plus Orcs in SWF, theres a strong case to take at least an Haris team of Orcs + Vargar.

#672 Death, Mar 27, 2020
    Reece likes this.
  13. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Except the whole, stupid, you can climb while they walk, but you can't jump while they walk thing. :rage:

theradrussian likes this.
  14. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

So My take on Sval
    Interesting list, kind of what I actually originally expected in that its got a very direct approach, not much in the way of "tricks" and focuses on Guns n Ammo.

Adds a variable I didnt expect in that its a fast as frack list, lots of super jump and/or climbing plus.
    But its direct and no frills.

So keeping in mind that this is an N4 sectorial in an N3 skin and small changes will have big impacts (ORCs going 6-2 is huge for the C+ ones) just as an example
    Things that stand out to me
    Nisse Haris (BS 13, MSV2, Mimetism, B5) is nasty with a paramedic and a Machinst being a profile I really like.
    Nokken Minelayers, may be whats required to make non-camo skirmishers a thing, offering them protection from alpha striking warbands and this ties into the locust as well.
    Knight of Justice: This chick is gonna make links a real hammer, adding a HI ML to a fusilier link is sweat with a BS17 B2 ARM5 ML making things nasty
    That same ML goes really well into the ORC link as well
    ORCs, they arent limited like Varuna Div, so you can mix and match big gun and cheap vanilla ORCs and grab 1 or 2 climbing + ORCs for hunting hard to get to units
    Boyg: no frill, but a B2 ML is something Im interested in having some fun with (paired with the aforementioned FK ML maybe)

Drawbacks, Well for starters my Jotum lists seem to be looking a lot like my vanilla Jotum lists, which isnt bad, its just disappointing

But yeah, its an in your face straight up and down list with some interesting tools

Im really keen to run the Kunai and the Monk to get a feel for some of the way they play into the list and Hospitallers Haris+ORC Core is also a hillarious HI spam list

15. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

First take on a Sval list.

Stayed away from the two concepts Im really keen on (Jotum list, and a ORC Core+ Hospitaller Haris list)

But this should be a fun way to test some of the new toys.

Svalarheima’s Winter Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    KNIGHT OF JUSTICE Missile Launcher / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 50)
    FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    NISSE Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    MAQUINISTA (WinterFor) (CH: Mimetism, Multiterrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    NØKK (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 29)
    NØKK Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    VARG Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 28)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    5 SWC | 298 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Cadmo and ThananRollice like this.
  16. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

And this is something that should not happen. Anywhere. The whole HI wildcard BullS should be stopped.

But ... now that things have cooled down a bit (after half a day) ...

Is it just me or is SWF looking like I imagined O12 to look like?

No AD, no Camo, just a straight punch in your face.

I still don't get why O12 needs TO troops and skirmishers. Something like the UN ...

SWF on the other hand. Somehow I imagined camo troops there, but hey. In IA are troops from WBA and in WBA troops from IA, why can SWF not be the real O12 ...

17. Death

Death Well-Known Member

No idea why you think O-12 shouldnt have ad troops or TO camo. Nothing of their fluff would make me believe that. The only shock is how extensive their units copycat Pano units.

I just meant by this that MAF is a purely in your face sectorial that can do little else but shoot their enemies to death. And SWF is in the same boat. Note that both faction also have CC units to compliment their firepower while lack any really impressive elite HI. MAF gets smoke and hungries while SWF gets climbing plus shinnagans. At the end of the day both factions are simialr in that they are rather one dimensional. They do one thing, blast their opponent off the table and then grab objectives. Thats their only game plan.

#677 Death, Mar 27, 2020
    Modock likes this.
  18. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Could be just my imagination of a peacekeeping force ... I imagined them more like the blue helmets from the UN. No need for TO sniper, TO ambushing anyone. Might be wrong, but that's not what a peacekeeping force is in my head. The funny Lynx even has the "Peacekeeper" skill as well as three (!) shock weapons in only one profile. I find this hilarious.

First I thought "Hey maybe a non-camo army isn't working or would be too weak," but now we have SWF and it doesn't look weak.

Dragonstriker and LaughinGod like this.
  19. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I think thats what all the gluegun templates are for in O-12. But Infinity is about covert ops since the O-12 missions we play are black ops the public never hears about.

And MAF already shows how you can win without camo markers. I guess I'm a bit salty that this sectorial doesn't really add much to generic Pano. Unlike VIRD which was breath of fresh air for the generic army.

20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Its a good list to test out various things. I question if the Nisse Haris is really worth the cost and if the KHD Nokken is worth taking since without a camo marker is so easy to kill with enemy KHD.

But thats stuff you can find out by playing games. The Nisse HMG is already a great unit and keeping it a solo unit feels optimal. I more wondering about Vargar haris and all its possible options.

@P.S. Thinking about the Nokken possibly getting Hidden Deployment in N4. Thats would be amazing for some profiles. Such as the KHD and MSV 1 Boarding shotgun. Right now the BS profile looks silly but if if Nokken get HD and boarding shotguns get a DTW mode, then suddenly the MSV 1 BS profile becomes pretty good for hunting down camo units.

#680 Death, Mar 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation