1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tabletop simulator?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by QueensGambit, Mar 17, 2020.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Oh, somebody on Discord told me TTS didn't have chat. Will edit above.

Anyway I'm going to have to use my phone at first since my computer doesn't have a microphone.

Abydog likes this.
  2. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This is a good and relevant thread

Abydog likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

How does classified selection work? Do you just pick a side and draw the classified objectives from that sides' deck? If after the Lt roll you subsequently end up on the other side, do your cards stay on the wrong side of the table or is there a workaround?

4. QueensGambit

Just played my first game on TTS. It went well!

Take-aways:
    - Table setup should include making lots of copies of the tokens you'll need such as prone, unconscious, etc. Make piles of them at the edge of the table so you don't have to copy them on the fly.
    - For some reason it didn't let me copy objects, though my opponent was able to do so. Need to troubleshoot this before my next game.
    - Models can be locked in place so that they won't fall if the room underneath them is temporarily removed, or if they're bumped by another model.
    - It can be hard for TTS to find a table made by one's opponent using the server name. We solved this by using Steam's function to invite the opponent to the game. You have to first be friends on Steam.
    - Every time I measured a movement distance, my cursor changed to the measurement tool and I had to change it back to the "grab" tool. Need to look into a solution.
    - For friendly games, I think it would save a lot of time and effort for players to just use physical classified decks and dice rather than TTS' simulated decks and dice. Obviously you have to trust your opponent to tell you what they've rolled, so this wouldn't work in a tournament.

Bazlord Prime, smog and Florian Hanke like this.
  5. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Useful update from the guy who developed the original infinity mod for TTS

6. QueensGambit

Continuing my text version for those like me who don't want to watch videos: There is a new item in steam workshop called "Infinity the Game, Corvus Belli." Subscribe to it. When you load a table, load that one instead of the former "Corvus Belli's Infinity." The new version has improvements:
    - Order counts are now numbers. Left click to increase, right click to decrease.
    - Infinity piles of tokens are set up on the side of the table.
    - You can right-click the classified deck and select "Draw" to conveniently make a hand of cards which I assume is invisible to your opponent.

Since the video is 45 minutes long I assume there are other improvements as well, but those are the ones I've found so far.

Robock likes this.
  7. QueensGambit

Highlight a model and press "L" to lock it in place. It's a good idea to do this whenever you remember, otherwise the models can get knocked around.

At this point I'm using this thread to collect everything I learn about TTS, piecemeal. Once I've played a few more TTS games, I'll write up a more organized howto. In the meantime, if you also use TTS please post any helpful tips or anything else I've missed, so that I can incorporate them into the eventual howto.

Robock likes this.
  8. QueensGambit

I've found a solution to the problem of selecting classified objectives before selecting sides.
    Select your classified objectives using "draw" and hold them in your hand.
    After resolving the Lt roll, decide which colour you will be. Suppose you pick red. Before switching your player colour to red, right-click on each of your classifieds and select "deal to red." Now, when you change your player colour the cards will be waiting for you.

9. QueensGambit

To load a premade map:
    - One of the side tables is called the "Terrain table." On its surface is a rectangular area called the "stage." Click the trashcan symbol on the stage to delete the existing table.
    - Choose one of the bags next to the stage. Hold the left mouse button on the bag, but don't move the mouse for about a second. This grabs the bag (if you move the mouse right away, you instead grab an item out of the bag).
    - Drag the bag onto the stage to load the map.

10. QueensGambit

To save and load game state, use the "Games" button in the upper menu. It also has an autosave, but I don't know how often it autosaves.

Abydog likes this.
  11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

"Global" doesn't seem to apply here. I guess pizza counts as an essential service. I'd even get penalized for calling in sick.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for the useful information - I'm new to TTS as well.

Abydog and loricus like this.
  13. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

By the way, we have over sixty infinity players enrolled in my online TTS infinity league at the moment, and from all over the world (but mostly America, Australia, Europe).

14. QueensGambit

Played my second TTS game yesterday. Here are some final misc notes before I write up a howto:

- In the options menu, select server->lock physics. This keeps everything in place so you don't have to lock individual models as you go.
    - In the "scenario markers" box there are booty and metachem dice. You can load them into your army case to have them available for deployment. Use them to roll booty and metachem, then leave them there to mark the unit.
    - There are virtual tablets for both players to browse the internet in-game. Every time I load a table, it asks me to confirm the tablets. They're a nice idea but I don't find them useful, so I'm going to try deleting them to avoid the confirmation message.
    - The table's host needs to click their opponent's name and select "promote" to give the opponent sufficient permissions to play.
    - Table host can save a bit of game time by loading dice into the rollers in advance.

Abydog and Florian Hanke like this.
  15. QueensGambit

Robock, Paegis, Capo.Paint and 4 others like this.
  16. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I had a game yesterday using the new Mod and while I was very happy with the quality of life changes, I'd like to report a bug: my noctifier successfully hit with a missile.

darthchapswag, smog, Abydog and 2 others like this.
  17. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

We'd like to fix this but I have been entirely unable to replicate this bug, can you let us know what version of windows you are on, a bit more about pc specs etc? Nobody else seems to be having that issue.

18. QueensGambit

Abydog likes this.
  19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

These "beginner's mind" observations are really useful. Thanks for posting this thread.

Abydog likes this.
  20. QueensGambit

Seems like there was a problem with the google drive settings where people had to ask permission to view the howto guide. Should be fixed now - if you follow the above link you should be able to view the file without asking permission.

Abydog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation