1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in N4

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

They aren't pointless, even if the boundaries got somewhat blurred. HIs are still by and large more resilient than lighter units, while paying for it with vulnerability to hacking and E/M. Haqq being able to work around that is pretty cool.

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I find it to be most unlikely. He's described as Imperial Service member. While it is possible that he can perform detached duties (as when he cooperated with the Hortlak Janissaries), he's not a part of any Haqq Order of Battle.
    Actually, I don't recall any of the SpecOps characters to be available outside of their parent faction (being present at different sectroials of the same faction is of no consequence).

The very fact he's an Uyghur Muslim doesn't make him a Haqqislamite.

loricus likes this.
  3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I'd rather see the new version of Yasbir. :D

Errhile likes this.
  4. Errhile

True, Yasbir deserves some TLC.
    ...just not from his Fiday wife, thank you ;)

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Realistically, true, but the deciding factor is how the designers think. If he was not a spec ops I would expect them to put him in haqq.

6. Papa Bey

Please explain this theory.

Errhile likes this.
  7. Papa Bey

Or a traitor.

Errhile likes this.
  8. Errhile

Bah, I recall it being mentioned in the fluff that Uyghur citizens of Yu Jing are often used to contact Haqqislamite businesses and authorities, as YJ officals consider the religious common ground as being effective in gaining favourable terms from Haqq.
    So Adil's backstory merely reflects that long-estabilished part of the fluff.

loricus likes this.
  9. Papa Bey

Yes.

It also represents a threat in an alternative loyalty. I'm sure his life is not super comfortable.

10. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Yup, Yasbir is missing just something to make him interesting...some little thing...maybe a HD L1 or a Breaker Rifle...is there something in his fluff that would tell us a fitting rule?

11. Papa Bey

Odd. I find him interesting now...

12. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Neither I thought that could be in haqq but a Muslim character in jy is something really borderline for me
    Well hoping good for n4

13. emperorsaistone

For his cost and compared to other choices in HB he always falls flat.

vorthain likes this.
  14. Papa Bey

That doesn't make him not interesting.

15. emperorsaistone

But not interesting enough in my case.

What makes him more interesting than Al-Djabel or Leila for you?

16. Papa Bey

It's not an issue if he's more interesting than Al-Djabel or Leila.

Yasbir has options that none of them have. Leila is a middle range rifle with a hacking device. That's it. That's why she's 20 points. Al-Djabel is actually pretty close otherwise. Both smoke, both rifle and shotgun, both viral close combat weapon, both martial artists.

Holo provides a different sort of surprise, I suppose.

17. Errhile

He's showing the diversity of Yu Jing, as bot Imperial Service and Invincible Army carry distinctively Chinese vibe. Onnce, the JSA was the diversyfying elemnt, but, alas, the Uprising.
    Now you have the White Banner with their Korean shock infantry (Jujak), Mongol TAGs (the Blue Wolves Cavalry) and an Uyghur SpecOp (Amil).

Nota bene, Uyghurs are ethnically not Chinese, but Turkic (if memory serves me, closely related to Khazakhs), denizens of the territory today known as Xinjang Province... but in the early 20th century often reffered to as Eastern (or Cinese) Turkestan. Often defined as territories east of the Tien Shang mountains (interesting reference here: Tien Shang mountains on Bouraq are the home of our own Kyrgyz people!).

The probem is - it doesn't provide a surprise, being on the sole model with Infiltration but no Marker State in the Bahram.

18. Cadfan17

Cadfan17 Member

Holoprojector 1 can in theory provide foir kinds of surprises but in practice kind of only does three.

1. “Haha! You thought that was a valuable target to seek and destroy, but actually it was a Hafza! Sucks to be you wasting those orders!”

2. “Haha! You thought that was a scary model to avoid, but actually it was a Hafza! Sucks to be you deploying wrong and advancing up the wrong route!”

3. “Haha! You thought I had deployed 300 points of troops on the board, but some of those were Hafzas! I had Tuaregs and Ragiks after all!”

4. “Haha! You thought you figured out my lieutenant, but not all is as it seems!”

The fifth one that CB wants to be a thing but which isn’t really a thing is,

5. “Haha! You thought that was a meek Ghulam but actually it was a scary assassin or a Hafza heavy weapon!”

That never works. If it’s your enemies turn, and they shoot it, those things die too. They’re not powerful ARO pieces. If they ignore it, it doesn’t matter what it is because again they’re not really ARO pieces. If it’s your turn and you advance up the board with your supposed Ghulam your opponent won’t be that surprised when it turns out to be Yasbir, and even if he is it won’t really matter because he won’t have the chance to make bad choices.

Holoprojector 2 is another matter. It can do tricks.

But if CB want (5) to be a thing, they need to give Holo 1 troops ARO gear or skills. Like a panzerfaust and five points of armor. That would be hilarious.

19. Papa Bey

I like how this instantly went from "interesting" to "good".

Ok. I don't like it. But to continue the parallel, I shouldn't have been surprised.

20. Errhile

Hmm. Then, @Papa Bey , perhaps you'd like to explain why do you consider Yasbir to be interesting?

I mean, sure, he has a great backstory.
    But when we talk tabletop, I must say I find him to be neither fish, nor fowl...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation