1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström goodies

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Make PanO Great Again :P, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

He kills wherever they need him to.

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I wonder what the whole point of KoJ ?

Its a copy paste of Father Knight, more or less a rebranding. Even skills and load out are the same, and you don't need name change to make it a full Wildcard.

Sooooo what's the point ?

(ok there is one point which I can think of but it has zero game impact, and it's fluff change. But then the whole rebranding would seem like a total overkill and almost like waste of resources)

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I posted what was the initial fluff about Hospitallers and their "Brothers of Justice"(read: Father-Officers with medical training) was.
    I really do believe that the point is a rebranding, to give themselves a potential out from the previous wording in lore that is why I kept harping so much about the male v female thing.

You're welcome to disagree though.

4. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Changing a units name just to make a "mother knight" seems like a huge waste of time. Specially when it could have just been a new intesting knight

5. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I second that WB looks more interesting at first glance. Maybe unknown profiles will change that? WB has a good amount of camo and smoke, while also having one of the best counter MSV2 unit in the game: Lei Gong.

Benkei likes this.
  6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I don't see how Lei Gong is so much better than a Black friar. Yes, the gun shoots farer but the Black Friar has MSV2 and Drop bears. Much more useful in my book. And with a KoJ ML siding the Nisse, it'll take you a lot of orders to get rid of the duo in a FT core.

EDIT: I think the Kunai sniper will be also the best friend of the Nisse to delete those forced ARO tricks by gunning the guy the Nisse can't see while the Nisse dogdes.

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Hopefully the other new units yet to be revealed will be more interesting than the KoJ. Its not that its a bad unit per say, its more than its bland and we already know the profile so it feels like they've revealed nothing besides the Nokken.

So far, we got a sectorial with rather bland HI and zero camo makers vs white banner with its monks, excellent camo units, and the great Dao Fei.

What I am seeing is we got a sectorial like NCA, lacks a midfield presence and will struggle like NCA in some missions because of it. Unlike NCA, there is no super unit like the swiss guard to carry our offense hard.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well the gun shots further, has 2W, nice 6-2MOV and more linking options. But except for that he's obviously same as Black Friar.

Well pie-slicing is still a thing.

9. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Yeah, I just booted the dice calculator a bit and it's not that bad for Lei Gong, even at the good range of the sniper. The NWI is also really helping too. Never faced this guy, so I still need to learn to respect him.

Yes, that's why ARO positionning is so critical. If Nisse can have an ORC by their side, maybe the Feuerbach will be much more affordable.
    We need to see the whole picture to see if we can defend our Sniper or not.
    Anyway, Nisse HMG will still be the equalizer of this sectorial. If Bagh-Mari were hunters, I don't know how to qualify the level of destruction a Nisse HMG in core is.

eciu likes this.
  10. A Mão Esquerda

Well, with the Karhu, Vargar, Bøyg and any updates to the ORCs still to come, there's hope.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

KoJ just being reskinned Fatherknights to allow for female sculpts is fine by me.
    It's likely one of them would have probably made the other obsolete anyway otherwise.
    Just happy we'll get to actually use the mini in CC and have a reason to put in on the table.

I'm very concerned for DeFeresen right now. This is his Sectorial, might have spun it so he is MO only but that doesn't make a lot of sense if even Quinn is here. Although he really is basic enough that I can see him ending up as a Hospitaler Hacker Profile.
    Unlike NCA you have a frontline Heavy TAG, CC troops galore, point efficient C+ sweepers but lack the TO Active and ARO pieces. Also right now Sval appears to have about the worst Hacking game I've seen in PanO, which isn't exactly our strong point to begin with. NCA is pretty great at Hacking thanks to the Deva (RIP access to that Profile).

In between (hopefully revised or cheaper) Locust and Uma, Nokken and whatever Karhu, Vargar and Agnes are going to be, there might be more of a focus on light troops and midfield presence.
    I'd also expect to see the newly unhinged Hidden Deployment on at least one of the Camo -6 Troops.

Pretty different Sectorial from current NCA in my book. CC capability and access to C+ alone change a lot for ITS.

#451 Teslarod, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

NCA still has the Deva assault hacker in ARMY. I think it went back and forth on that. At first it soundly like it was being removed but then it was kept. Why? Who knows. *Shrug.

Yes, if the Locust and Uma are made cheaper then this sectorial will improve quite a bit. Right now the locust is competing with the Nokken, (lack of marker state means you usually don't want to infiltrate your locust far from your DZ)

One way to fix the Locust would be to give it hidden deployment. That way its safe until the moment you chose to reveal it. That would be interesting.

With all the knights, this sectorial is going to want to use that 6-2 movement to get into CC with camo markers. A KoJ will kill a Dao Fei if it can manage to get into CC.

13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

but all of them have fireteam option, so no marker states or AD troop for us. We got a Snowy Neoterra force

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

We actually asked Koni for it on the forums when the dossiers were released and he just said he'd take it up the ladder.
    Couple weeks later the Deva AHD (Lightning) just became available to NCA.

This was when they introduced a bunch of the new (Aleph) Profiles to Sectorials that had them as loanders (Teucer C+ for SAA) - or didn't - was a bit random but NCA got lucky.

15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Kind of makes sense if you think about it. VIRD has a similar playstyle to shock army which got retired. Now that NCA is retired, it might be the Winterforce that carries a similar playstyle.

Except NCA had a great AD trooper in the Garuda and the Swiss Guard for an elite HI to win FtF for us. WInterforce has CC and climb+. We'll have to wait till the 26 to see if the new units fill in the gaps I already seen in this sectorial.

16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Funny thing is that some White Banner players are feeling exactly opposite. Greener grass syndrome.

What I already see is emphasis on staying power with multiple heavies, high ARM, and access to multiple Docs, at least two of them linkable; stronger midfield than NCAs, without AD (unless there's something hidden in unit loadouts) or camo, but with good visual mods and access to assault weapons; very strong fireteam game, and plenty of cheap orders/DZ guards.

It's impossible to judge hacking without seeing what our new units will bring to the table, and especially without knowing how hacking will change in N4; we know it'll be a significant change, we know what direction CB wants to take with it, but for now it's impossible to judge hacking power level of particular armies, much less sectorials.

Judge Dredd and Brokenwolf like this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

And out totally Santiagos (who do not have models atm.) ?

Crazy idea..

What if every (surving) order got their own version of Father Knight ? (but damn that unit bloat).....

I was also thinking that Fersen will be "reduced" to standard unit Hacker model.

Also: this secotiral has no DZ defence except for own HI and 3 Fugazis... I wonder if we will see any Auxbots, or did CB decided to nuke this PanO tool because.... well O-12 is a proper PanO in the end.

On the topic of SWF a few oddities:
    - The Sectorial has (apparently) acess to 3 Doctors of different types (Trauma - LI, Lazarus - MI, Hospitaller - HI). This a bit ... odd (especially while not being Haqq).
    - Both ORCs and Hospitallers (ORCs but better) in same Sectorial is really... ODD. It's against Nokken+Locust: in theory they are a bit different but in practice they are very, very similar (here its even worse, current Hospitaller is just a better/cheaper ORC).
    - The sectorial has actually .... a lot of different core Fireteams. It's really surprising and I wondder how it will shape the gameplay and tournament lists (the option of being very unpredictable versus the specialization of every list option?)

In general (with a all the salt of Varuna, due to several units/reworks still being unknown) this sectorial feels (or I should say I'm guessing) like opposite of Varuna

18. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yu Jing players are disappoint units they thought would be in were not in the sectorial. From what I can see, nobody is complaing that White Banner doesn't look competitive. Its a very strong sectorial from what we can see so far. I'm worried about how viable this sectorial is to actually win missions. Yeah, the Knights have CC but is that really going to make up for not having an elite HI like the Swiss Guard?

As Eciu points out, why are Orcs even in this sectorial? Why would you ever take them over a knight? They feel rather redudant.

19. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Just had a thought, maybe the Karhu Special Team are an updated idea of the Shock Army's GdA with a touch of Order Sergeants?
    Heavy infantry that can be duo'd, but then also some profiles that can't link as they have Auxbots or some kind of deployment skills?

20. A Mão Esquerda

Perhaps because we don't know what/if buffs they'll get in this sectorial?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation