1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity: Code One - Now with actual rules!

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Oct 5, 2019.

1. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

Para just means 'with'

It's mistakenly left in the profile from Spanish version I think

It means that his mono ccw has a bonus -3 add on, if my assumption is correct

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, he has two separate CCWs.

DukeofEarl and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

So a Monoblade to go full attack with, OR a defensive one against other CC monsters? Sounds interesting.

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Interesting they would pack the PanO CC guy with a YJ CC guy that would just destroy him in CC every time

5. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

But C+ is really handy to get a sight on the target from an unexpected angle and to hide from the YJ CC guy. Move-shoot-hide-attack from nowhere. I like this pretty much more than a guy with a breaker combi who is so much focused on CQB but will get caught offguard most of the time by the other guy. The YJ guy is a good bodyguard against Speculo and Fiday. Not that good against an assassination at range.

6. Ecthelion

Ecthelion Well-Known Member

Jing Qo, 'Shadow of Huangdi'?

This came out of nowhere. I thought maybe they'd be down to do another historical recreation, but if I'm not wrong, this may be an Infinity representation of one of my favorite figures from all of Chinese history. Hoping I'm not COMPLETELY off the rails here - and I don't read/speak Chinese - but I believe this is a clear reference to Jing Ke, the swordsman and assassin that became famous for his attempted assassination of Qin Shi Huangdi, the first Emperor of Ancient China - the same dude that united China, and built the Great Wall. The Terracotta Soldiers were created to guard his massive, pyramid-sized underground grave.

This is probably going to be a wall of text, but if you're interested at all in history, and why I'm so excited, please feel free to read my following, long-winded, self-indulgent geekout.

So the reason Jing Ke is a bamf is because his assassination attempt was a selfless and sacrificial act for what he believed to be a worthy cause - to remove a narcissistic megalomaniac warlord and free the lands from his tyranny - and his failure was, as far as the stories are to be believed, not his fault.

Around 200 B.C. in Ancient China, the lands had seemingly been forever engulfed in strife and war. Countless kings and warlords vied for power and control of the lands; war and death was perpetual. Among these lords, Qin Shi Huangdi (though he was simply known as the 'King of Qin' at this time), began an unprecedented and ruthless campaign to quash all resistance and conquer all under heaven - or, at least, what Chinese people then considered all lands worth owning. Entire kingdoms with hundreds of years of history were annihilated by the King of Qin's armies.

Jing Ke was sought out and scouted by certain lords and nobles, many of whom had fled their homelands from Qin's onslaught. They convinced Jing that killing Qin Shi Huang was the only way to liberate the lands; and that he was the only one who could achieve such a monumental task. There had already been several assassination attempts upon Shi Huangdi's life, and he had become extremely paranoid since - and rightfully so, with so much blood on his hands. He almost never allowed any guests to meet him face to face, and forbade anyone, including his own vassals, from approaching within a certain distance of him unless absolutely necessary. Any and all visitors or vassals were, needless to say, thoroughly searched for anything that could be considered a weapon.

Jing Ke asked for several things from his 'sponsors'; a blade that could easily pierce hide and cloth, a stout wingman that could act as his cohort (since it was strange for an official to approach a king completely by himself), and a worthy prize to tempt the king with in order to earn an audience. He approached a certain individual that used to be Shi Huangdi's friend, but had been branded a traitor for a small argument he had had with the arrogant king. Jing Ke explained the situation to this man, saying that he was going to try and kill the king, and that he needed a worthy prize - and that his old enemy's head would help greatly in gaining an audience. This hardcore dude just smiled, saying if his death could help accomplish a great cause such as this, he'd be happy to die. Jing Ke nodded, and took his head on the spot.

Jing Ke also asked for a detailed map of the territories of Shi Huangdi's enemies, along with other information that would be too tempting to ignore. Along with his old enemy's decapitated head, he had enough bait. The problem was, the wingman. Jing Ke had an old friend that was his peer when it came to swordsmanship, poise, and integrity; thing is, though he had heard the summons and agreed to join the cause, a sudden and unexpected flood had completely tied him up, unable to join up with Jing Ke. After waiting as long as he could, Jing Ke reluctantly accepted a young, local thug as his wingman, at the urgent behest of his sponsors.

The day that he left, Jing Ke approached the ship that would take him to his mission, and death. It was a cold morning, and the wind was howling. Jing Ke took a vessel of wine, and sang into the blasting gale a curt, and chilling poem stating both his own imminent death, as well as his resolve; something along the lines of:

"The lonely wind howls, and the river flows cold; I leave for a cause, and I shall not return."

He then threw the vessel of wine to scatter into the winds, and never turned back as he sailed away.

Jing Ke successfully earned an audience with the king; with each 'prize', he was able to approach closer and closer. The head of his old friend-turned-rival especially was accepted with great satisfaction by the king. Jing Ke himself, of course, bamf that he is, had nerves of steel, and belied no emotion as he approached certain death. At this time, 'assassination' meant that the assassin was certain to die, whether his mission was successful or not. Because of his, the young, thuggish wingman, who was only there to sell the lie that Jing Ke was an official, started sweating and quavering at the might and majesty of the Qin empire and its soldiers. He knew he was going to die, and he couldn't take it.

At the suspicious demeanor of his cohort, Qin Shi Huangdi immediately became suspicious and ordered Jing Ke to withdraw. Seeing no other choice, Jing Ke leapt at the king, though he was still too far away for a certain killing strike. Snatching the venom-coated dagger hidden within the folds of the map, he slashed at the king - but the distance was too great; the king flinched back, and the blade only caught air.

Qin Shi Huangdi's own vassals and soldiers watched helplessly as the assassin chased their king around the throne. The law, enforced with an iron fist by Qin Shi Huangdi himself, forbade any individual from approaching the throne unless expressly granted permission by the king - and the king was running for his life as a very sharp blade wielded by a very steady hand sliced at his jugular over and over again. Once, Jing Ke almost had a crucial strike at the king, but a court doctor threw his bag of medicinal supplies at his face, allowing the king to return to his feet.

The king himself had a long sword at his side at all times; but he was having great difficulty drawing the blade while also trying to not be eviscerated. Finally, a northern (Mongolian, I think?) serving maid shouted him a tip, to draw the sword from his back while running. This worked; Qin Shi Huangdi finally drew his long sword, and cut down the assassin. As he fell to the ground bleeding, Jing Ke made one last attempt by flinging the dagger at the king - but he slapped it away with his sword.

According to the stories, the king smiled wryly down at the dying Jing Ke and remarked, 'Damn, haven't been that freaked out since my beard grew in'. Also according to the stories, the doctor that threw his medicine pouch was awarded an extravagant reward, and the serving maid was also given a lot of 'attention' by the king for her role in saving his life.

- - - - - - - - - -

A fictionalized version of Jing Ke's story is portrayed in the film 'Hero' (2002), starring Jet Li, Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, and Zhang Ziyi. Although a heavily dramatized and idealized retelling of the historical tale, it remains a damn beautiful film, with grand themes and classic kung-fu choreography. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who found my piecemeal story to be interesting.

So I guess the point is - I'm pretty damn hype, and hope both the sculpt and the profile is awesome. More than anything I hope I'm right that this is the correct historical reference. Otherwise, I'm about to feel very foolish.

Also, this is a crosspost from the Yu Jing Kaldstrom thread, and hope this isn't against the rules; but I'm super excited and thought some of you guys might be interested to read some of this.

Shiwen, KwarkyMats, WarHound and 12 others like this.
  7. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So Yujing might get their Oniwaban equivalent back? That would be nice.

8. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I think you misreading the situation. The Nokken beats most of the Yujing forces in a gunfight, especially with the size of the Code 115 point mat. Their best counter to him is the HI flame thrower or the sniper. It looks like the box choices were very well designed.

Joametz, A Mão Esquerda and colbrook like this.
  9. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Code One is the base game, with N4 adding more options, they're not going to rename things for N4. There's also some of the info on the tokens, which will be universal I'm sure.
    They can still use names in the descriptions and stuff, but they'll use effects in the stats I assume.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Just as the Emperor intended.

Ariwch likes this.
  11. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

[​IMG]

Stiopa likes this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

PanO vs every CC monster out there, Indianized:

[​IMG]

Berjiz, Modock, chaos11 and 2 others like this.
  13. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Also:
    PanO vs hackers
    PanO vs Strategos
    PanO vs Their own wounded soldiers
    PanO vs guns that arent combi rifles
    PanO vs camo troops
    PanO vs non camo troops
    PanO vs doors
    PanO vs leaky faucets
    PanO vs tipping the vallet
    And PanO vs the poors

Shiwen, Berjiz, Deathwig and 10 others like this.
  14. Ghiacciolo

Ghiacciolo New Member

So, no other C1 factions in Army at launch??Really?
    Very disappointing...both for old players burned out by N3 bloat looking for the SIMPLIEST way to re.engage and for new groups that will not interact whit older players.
    Unless they hope old players to have collected exactly those 4 factions or to be willing purchasing new one. Good luck whit that

15. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

not only at lauch, but during all this year only 4 factions, and no schedule for the other armies, so maybe next year we see all of the remaining ones, or maybe only one or two of them. I think that even CB doesn't know it.

16. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

2 more next year with a new Operation box and two more the year after was the impression I got from the interview on Mayacast.

Smiler likes this.
  17. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

18. Deathwig

Deathwig Well-Known Member

Here's the unit lists for PanO Winterfor and Yu Jing White Banner

Attached Files:

Stiopa likes this.
  19. irishwizz

irishwizz Member

Then again, as I read on another forum, it should not be TOO difficult to generate army lists for the other factions, following the same principles. If you and your opponent agree on some lists, it should be doable. But it's definitely a pity. Especially for the old players who gave up on Infinity and would be willing to come back with C1

20. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Any signs of the "Beyond" pack beyond the image we've sneakily found?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation