1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban terrain (not that urban, in retrospect)

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Oestvang, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Oh my, so much (very good) memories !

xagroth likes this.
  2. Oestvang

Oestvang Well-Known Member

Went with a bar owned by a certain agent of chaos and an evil corporation dabbling in xenomorphs displaying it's diversity credentials for all to see.

Next up, finding some wall and floor textures for the local Stuffer Shack before I mask the windows and interior for priming.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Oestvang

And after a few hours...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Oestvang

So, question time. I'm planning to put some kind of light inside the yellow roof so the bodega is lit. Ideally, I want something I can glue in place with a battery I can hide in the base. Any suggestions?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Xeurian, Section9, Usashi and 2 others like this.
  5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Yellow LEDs aren't hard to find or hook up. Would give you that sickly glow.
    Even the flickering "tea light" LED ones would work. They aren't much more than a battery, a switch and a flickering LED.
    This sort of holder and battery.
    [​IMG].
    But with a single LED not the quad I have (I was reusing parts from a dead device). Would easily fit under that roof space.

SupersexyJohn, Section9 and jherazob like this.
  6. Oestvang

Closed it up for now, but one of those candle lights might work if I make a rooftop AC unit for it to sit in. Finished the building off.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Was just about to suggest a rooftop AC unit.

chromedog likes this.
  8. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love it. So much atmosphere and story in there. The "infobar" is the best.

9. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

These building are juste amazingly well crafted and done, congrats, this is great creativity and great job there!

10. Oestvang

After finishing the Stuffer Shack, and sanding the bottom flat so it stops doing pirouettes, I decided I need a tall building in the middle of the board. I did not want to make it too large, because I think wide and tall is a bad combination in the middle, so I came up with a vertical park/water recycler/ rest room.

Before I started detailing it I was a bit unsure about it, and it is still too bright, but coming along. The back is a bit disappointing, so after painting the water lines and the circular pod thing I will cover the whole thing with a rusty wire mesh.

Other than that, moss and foliage on the front and some tidying up remains. Then I'll seal it and play with some oil based streaking and rust effects before applying some posters.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Oestvang

I think I will call this one done. Toilet park is a go. I'll paint the tree trunk showing through the leaves to hide rogue flocking, otherwise, yay.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Usashi, Xeurian, ZlaKhon and 6 others like this.
  12. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Great work as always. Goes to show that the sky’s the limit if you have imagination!

Tho the “forest” side does not look finished. It needs more overhang.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  13. Oestvang

Thanks. Yes, I think I need another tree in the top right corner, also to make it slightly less viable as a Noctifer perch. The bottom looks all right in person, with the water effect, but the top right corner is weirdly sparse.

I decided I needed an objective room. The inside is really rough, especially the floor, but in general I am happy with it. Also feeling more confident about strong colours.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Section9, Xeurian, ZlaKhon and 8 others like this.
  14. Oestvang

Putting everything out to see what I still need. Think I need 4 bus stops and a bunch of buses, and another four or five large buildings. I need a roof for the objective room and some bridges and large roadsigns. I also need some clutter.

Wildfire and other cardboard terrain are stand ins for the time being.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Oestvang

So this was meant to be an urban table, then I started painting USARF. Some pink foam, sculptamold and plaster was added to the shopping list.

I still need vehicles, trees, a couple of bus stops to replace the boxes and some small scatter. And the super tall building will have a sofa, fridge and occupied jacuzzi to stop snipers from crouching on top of it.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wow, that photo quality was dreadful.

#35 Oestvang, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Abydog, SupersexyJohn, Usashi and 3 others like this.
  16. Oestvang

Filling the creek so drones and tags can stand in it.[​IMG]

Koin-Koin, jherazob and chromedog like this.
  17. Oestvang

And the other side, although this will all eventually be partially obscured by water.[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Oestvang

Excessive time spent on small details, check.[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Mayel

Mayel Ursi de Tunguska

yes but it gives all the flavour to your work. That's so nice !

jherazob likes this.
  20. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

I agree with Mayel; details give all the flavour. Otherwise the scenery is just a bunch of boring, plain small boxes.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation