1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom Minis - Pics

Discussion in 'News' started by barakiel, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

plz no S5 for PanO ... keep them for the poor and the cheap ...

Crusader likes this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Alternatively, enjoy the fact that S5 Heavy Infantry are now being recognized for what they should have been from the outset:

A way to actually allow for a delineation between 'wearable' heavy infantry and 'armored' heavy infantry.

Smiler and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is an interesting assumption but S5 HI was always to delineate something that was not been streamlined and miniaturized for some reason.

For the fluff female knights are a thing from N2 onward, denying it all you want does not make it change, the difference of observance is not church male priests, observance female priests, its church allied with Aleph in resurrecting people to gain power and how this is a fundamental betrayal of faith.

4. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I cut off the junk from my Naga and made a duffle bag, I've blended in rocks into stuff with some minis, but for o12 I am doing a cobblestone texture, and screw it, rocks just appear in the middle of the street! Plus whatever the hell Cuervo is standing on.

5. kanluwen

Yeah, no it wasn't.

It was there to add beefier heavy infantry, fullstop.
    Cite a page. I literally quoted Human Sphere N2(pg 15) where it makes no mention of genders.
    Nope. That's what led to the split, but post-Purge? It had everything to do with Mother Ligia wanting to reestablish "the Feminine Principle".

And for the record, there's this statement:
    The difference of the Observance is matriarchy vs patriarchy. It's been there since the frigging start.

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

You do realise that you would be that person, yes

Like I don't even disagree with you on a lot of stuff but you could just... not engage in an argument if you wanted to. It might be nice. Maybe we should all try it, just like, relax a bit.

7. kanluwen

Tell that to the people who chose to take the position as some kind of woman-hating nonsense, rather than wanting a bit of character to remain in play. :)

8. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Please be announced that YJ delivery service work tirelessly, sometimes using powerful methods to enter one's house... :hugging_face:

Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Personally I am pro-female Knight because there's no good reason to segregate them out IMO

However this is wrapped up in my general distaste for MO and their prevalence in the PanO line and background anyway

10. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Geez, looks like the world is on fire again.

11. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Geez, did you guys see that video? Did you guys see Bostria in that video? Did you guys see what all of your bitching has done to that kind and gentle soul, our beloved Bostria?

All those gray hairs. From stress. From you, yes you. You guys are prematurely aging dear, sweet Bostria. Shame on you. Deep and unrelenting shame on all of you. You have broken him. He pours his heart and soul into the game, the miniatures, the presentation seminars and videos, and you guys crap all over everything.:cry:
    ================

Oh, by the by, did anyone notice the Knightessa's combat heels? :smiling_imp:

And why are her legs spread sooo far apart? Hmmm? That base represent a nearly 48" diameter circle (or 120 cm) The mini has a seriously wide stance. Try standing with your legs that far apart. Does CB plan to bring back base extensions?
    ================

I seriously dislike that "trollhunter". A shame, given how nice the Kåldstrøm minis are. They are very nice indeed.

#351 Red Harvest, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

If the only character they can come up with is what a knight's gender is, knights don't have any character to begin with

Solar, Nuada Airgetlam and colbrook like this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Can we scrap that notion that S5 means outdated tech? Charontid (prime CA HI), Sogarat (also CA, apparently even aliens can't put ARM 6 on a smaller frame), Ajax (top of the line experimental lhost), Su-Jian (another top of the line experiment, this time by YJ)... Pretty much the only SHI that are really outdated or low-tech are Azra'ils and Ariadna suits. Both @psychoticstorm and @kanluwen are right, its just one talks about the fluff and the other about gameplay explanation.

There is absolutely no fluff reason why PanO couldn't have one. On the contraty, there's a lot of fluff arguments why we could create something that big. Space to allow for additional skills and specs (Remote Presence? ARM 6? PH 16? Autorepair?) Firing platform stability. Intimidation. Having a platform smaller than a TAG, but still being able to go toe to toe with Blue Wolves (assuming Bostria wasn't being a troll again). And remember that we're not the HI faction, that's YJ's thing, even if we're close behind. I'm perfectly fine with with acknowledging this, if it results in an interesting unit with an awesome sculpt. And since the unit in question sports a Missile Launcher I'm assuming that it won't get the standard "HMG or Feuerbach" treatment.

Guardian, chaos11 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

w/ regards to the S5 conversation, I've always felt like it's faction and unit specific. The Su Jian and Daiyokai are both examples of cutting-edge experimental tech (that has yet to be miniaturized), but the Yan Huo should be viewed as miniaturized high-tech because YJ mounted TAG-level weaponry on an HI-chassis.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Right ;)

upload_2020-3-17_1-51-1.png

16. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

see

17. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I wish there was a pistol guy, just had pistols, and an x-visor. None of this wimpy long ranged nonsense like contenders....

IMO, an S5 means outdated tech OR ultranew tech that's either just not developed enough to be miniaturised, or is exploiting larger frames for extra capacities. I expect an S5 PanO TAG someday.

The rock-like rubble that appears on every federation ship taking damage in late ds9/voyager.

Now, the Oberth class, that was tactical junk...

chromedog likes this.
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

u mad m8

19. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

sucks a big fat one

20. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

S5 stuff is rad, everytime i show people model ranges even more than TAGS (save for our precious Maggie) its the S5 stuff that make people go "woah wait whats that thing" and really perk up about a certain faction. I was absolutely delighted when i got them for Tohaa and Ariadna. I would say that Pan-O lends itself more towards an S5 REM or TAG as they prefer to remove the direct human element from a combat situation and flex their technological muscle at the same time. that being said no matter what it is if Pan-O gets an S5 anything it might be enough for me to actually take an interest in the boys (and girls) in blue.

chaos11, ObviousGray, Ugin and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation