1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström units leaked

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Mar 2, 2020.

1. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

Having a HD missile launcher is great for the faction, however I'd rather see these kind of shenanigans out of the game. Noctifer ML are awful.

Disappointed with the changes to crits. Seems really unimaginative, but I get it.

I sincerely hope Blue Wolf is a transformer TAG. It's supposed to be able to go one on one with the Jotum so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope it'll stand out from the Guijia and be unique somehow.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Invest in smoke and sensors, learn to count points and SWC. Shellgames and mindfucks, and learning how to deal with them are what give Infinity its depth.

#362 Triumph, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Tourniquet, Furiat and Zewrath like this.
  3. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Wonder if that will effect JSA. I doubt they are willing to use Kunai Solutions.

4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

The Hundun getting access to a ML is still pure wishlisting speculation from some users here so let's drop that issue.

By the way, the new Dire Foe is another character for Imperial Service only.

And after video I think we know what's new YuJing's specialty: being everyone's hoe. Ninjas, Shaolin monks, everything asian exotic grabs people's attention, right? so that's new CB selling strategy: let's make asian cool units mercenaries available for everyone. because that's what the Liang Kai is, another fcking mercenary that can be played in YJ, PanO and O12!!!

Fuck you CB!

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Bostria wasn't entirely clear on that matter, all he said was that Kunai are available to both WinterFor and White banner. Presumably, much like the monk, Kunai is a limited mercenary that JSA (and nearly all other sectorials except the previously mentioned two) can't choose.

6. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Everyone can take Yojimbo under SoF, I don't see JSA players bursting in hysterics for some reason

Cthulhu363 and Brokenwolf like this.
  7. Triumph

A more rational explanation is that the merc code 1 stuff is cross faction because they want both players to be able to use it. As opposed to here's a Yuan Yuan neither of you can use.

On the topic of Liang Kai and the statue he's standing on, might be some relation to this guy.
    Maybe as a recreation he's had a crisis of faith in god and himself as a construct leading to the pose and wandering nature.

Also smart money says the Zhanying Dire Foes guy is related to the new manga.

#367 Triumph, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    atomicfryingpan and Brokenwolf like this.
  8. The_Evergrey_One

Listening to the interview it definitely sounds as the sniper ninja will be gone from JSA, NA2 & Yu Jing in N4. Not really liking that answer as it makes the Kunai Solutions ninja like the tac bow ninja from Red Veil. Something you "need" to buy a box of minis you won't use in order to get the one you want. Yes I'm aware that most people might not really use the sniper ninja but I do because Rule of Cool > efficiancy :) Guess I'll just proxy my current one as a kunai one then.

9. Triumph

With absolutely no tongue in cheek nothing changes with the profile dropping from JSA because that's already the case.

Just do what Haqqislam do with their garbage sniper model, trim it down into the good rifle profile.

10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

1584370712779.png

Ooohh, whats in this?

11. The_Evergrey_One

You missed the most important part of my post: Rule of Cool > efficiancy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  12. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

I feel it's easier said than done to get your sensor bot to the other side other side of the board and guess where a noctifer might be hiding

13. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Beyond Kaldstrom PanO & YJ vs CA or Tohaa?

14. Mahtamori

I don't find that it makes any sense for Kunai to be available to WinterFor unless it is also available to more armies, so I wouldn't take the omission to be confirmation one way or another. I would rather expect them to be a bit of a Libertos where all human vanilla factions have access to them, plus specifically the OP:KS sectorials. We shall see, however.

15. Triumph

You missed the point of it doesn't change anything. If you were already using the shitty sniper for rule of cool nothing is going to stop you from doing after the change either.

That's what Chaiyi are for. If the Noctifier pops out to take it down, mission accomplished. Noctifiers don't want to pop for cheap shit, which is one of the reasons Yu Jing is very resilient against them. Copious amounts of cheap smoke means it's easy to get coverage blocked because they won't pop to contest it.

16. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Sauce?

Looks cool. Maybe a bit too heavy on the fur collars, but cool.

17. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Then just trigger it with any solo unit doing objectives/hunting order pool before gunning Nocti with a linked B5 gun or Rui Shi

Joametz and Mahtamori like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Around here Chaiyi gets taken out by a Q-Drone or a Nox before it can stick a sniffer down - or it gets flash pulsed before that. But around here you also typically know there will be one or two Noctifiers, can guess where they are hidden based on deployment zones seldom offering good vantage points more than in one or two locations, and plan movement with Fireteams extra carefully

19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

From CB C1 site https://infinitytheuniverse.com/games/codeone

Looks like we're up for TAG pack (Blue wolf), New Yaos (REM pack), a new hero (Hero pack)!

Tibooper, Brokenwolf and Aldo like this.
  20. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

There are generally other things on the table that will lay waste to anything with a sensor/sniffer before they would even get close, plus the orders you would spend to even attempt it. Doesn't make it feasible IMO. Like Mahtamori suggests. An experienced player wouldn't reveal his Noctifer for an 8 point bot guessing where he is. They let them waste the orders, even if he gets revealed.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation