1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS recognition for TTS Infinity in current virus situation?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

infinity is about minis not pixels

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

So sales for CB, not fun and the community? Bold words for a Warcor.

And utterly tone deaf in current situation.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I have no interest in "online warrior" people playing numerous, questionably-verified games with people online and dominating the ITS stats. It'll just be like the narrative campaigns all over again. JCJF will probably be ITS champ.

Robock and WarHound like this.
  4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nah, I rather meant making fun events ITS official to get us by during the lockdowns.

Savnock likes this.
  5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Dude he's talking about something to do for people who are self-isolating while we're riding out the COVID-19 pandemic. This was not the right response.

@Nuada Airgetlam you should go ahead and organising this. Personally I'd say a more casual league format fits a lot better than an ITS event, and would be cheaper to boot, but whatever has your interest :)

6. RobertShepherd

Word to the wise; if you click on someone's name in any forum post, you can set them to ignore.

7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

you need to play ranked infinity games on TTS to have fun playing Infinity? If you want to play, play.

Savnock, Teslarod, Robock and 2 others like this.
  8. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Do you need them to allow it? Can't you just like, play a tournament in TTS and report it in ITS?

Who's gonna stop you?

TO has the final say, so you could play a full tournament with proxys, or 40k minis, or bottle caps already, and this is way less radical than that.

9. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

no he's asking CB a mini company to endorse a mod of a video game ... dude, think !
    if you want to play TTS, just play TTS !
    PS:I'm also on lock down atm

10. RobertShepherd

Oh, maybe it was a language confusion. We established the page previous that asking for some kind of official sanction was unnecessary, so your post came off to me as just outright talking down to people who wanted to play TTS.

#30 RobertShepherd, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    inane.imp and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Can we please not have personal attacks?

Savnock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

I don't see why there's such a huge need for online play to involve tournaments. I mean, I'm planning on doing a TTS infinity tournament in the future, preferably in holiday season when people can make it online for a lot of different times, but really--if this thread is about having a way to play infinity while quarantined, we're already playing tonnes of TTS infinity online as it is.

Just go onto one of the various discords and find yourself a game. If you want to be competitive about it, maybe a league or something is the way to go since then it's less about using a CB framework.

But my main point is that people shouldn't feel the need to seek out CB's permission to play tabletop simulator online using infinity's rules.

Savnock, Hecaton, inane.imp and 3 others like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

And holding an ITS tournament / event / league / whatever?

14. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

You'd need CB's permission to facilitate it with their OTM tracker and have it use the ELO system.

But why even go there.

15. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Attack him first, there is no problem

16. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but then you could say why even bother with official ITS format, submitting results and playing ranked when it comes to normal actually-tabletop matches? Just play and all they say.

Some people want to play "officially", and CB offers a way for them to do it, so what's the problem. It's fair to ask CB whether they will accept codes people buy under specific circumstances they have gotten into recently.

If anything, that helps CB gather some data and ideally we should thank people who go through an extra step and who pay extra money to do what they can to give CB something they can use to make the game better... and I should probably just leave it at that.

McKaptain and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Question: If you had a TTS tourney, how would the TO be able to watch that many games at once in separate virtual spaces, or even answer rules questions given the time to switch games etc.? Maybe more TO-delegated observers would be needed, say one for every two games at least?

@Vaulsc your thoughts or plans for this?

18. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

You could have a discord/group chat open for the tournament where a table can call for a judge. Judge can connect to the game in question to take a look at whats going on. Not sure how much time it would really take to switch games but I would definitely offer a more relaxed timetable for the setting to allow for such things.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Also, games could be recorded to review stuff after the fact if necessary.

Savnock likes this.
  20. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Could one have multiple games open on one Steam account, if you had a system that could run that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation