1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International flights and post office packages being suspended in EU

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

@Koni @Aiwe
    Many countries in EU are suspending international flights for people (cargo air traffic seems unaffected so far). The Polish Post office has suspended taking in international packages to limit the possibility spreading the virus internationally.

https://www.ulc.gov.pl/pl/aktualnosci/4968-zamkniecie-miedzynarodowych-polaczen-lotniczych
    http://www.poczta-polska.pl/zmiany-w-zwiazku-z-wprowadzeniem-stanu-zagrozenia-epidemicznego/

The question to CB Staff and our Spanish friends - are such limitations set in Spain as well, especially for the carriers that would ship the Kaldstrom preorders (e.g. Spanish Post Office)?

2. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Can't speak in CB's name but...
    We have a (total) lockdown in Spain, meaning we can't even leave home unless it's for buying food, medicine, or go to work, etc.
    At this point...forget about this.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I think the way things are progressing in Europe that even if postage is ok, there will be delays in manufacturing.

We are in exceptional times.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Weird coincidence, I got a job at a small town post office in the US, and we’ve been proceeding on the directive that package handling should be safe—person to person contact is the risky behavior.

But, then again, it’s the U.S., so that might be denial. :-/

Guardian, Nuada Airgetlam and Robock like this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

Well, then we should probably hear from CB soon, because the Kaldstrom preorders are only until April 3rd. They might hope it will be all over by then, but I wouldn't be so hopeful.

How long is the lockdown in Spain supposed to last? End of March?

6. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

As far as i know the survival of the virus on a dry surface is quite short short, like a few hours or something, a few days in a humid environment (5 hours and 5 days respectively being what i was told).
    Presumably there was cases of it surviving for longer reported a few weeks ago but i don't know (and don't think) that actually went anywhere or is confirmed, considering that it was reported at a time when the information cycle in Europe was still rather sketchy.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

No such facts are known (source: my friend, an Oxford evolutionary virologist and bioengineer). The assumed staying time on surfaces is up to even 10 days.

8. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Guess i'll have to choose slow ground delivery...

Stuffist likes this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

If borders are being closed even to cargo, that won't work.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

If.

In Poland, the borders are effectively closed to passengers, true. The cargo, however, can still move through.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Borders are close only for people, cargo and goods are travelling(maybe slower than before but are still traveling) otherwise global economy will take an hit more harder that actual one

Robock likes this.
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

15 days, extendable to another 15

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Not completely true. The Post Office will not take international packages. CB uses their post office iirc, if they take the same measures, it's a problem.

14. Errhile

Again, if.

I see no point in worrying about things we have completely no control of. Especially given they are a possibility, not a fact yet.

Honestly, man - if Kaldstrom release / delivery gets delayed because of the anti-epidemic lockdown, what are you going to do?
    Myself, I'm gonna say, "well, that's a bummer, but I guess we have bigger problems around" and wait patiently for the storm to calm down. But well, that's me...

Rizzy, Melchior, ObviousGray and 4 others like this.
  15. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Just to ad something....
    You are worried about courier, but if Spain got a more severe lockout(or something worse happen to cb factory, I hope no but can happen) cb could slow down or interrupt his production
    Well if kaldstrom will have some delay, patience. Is just a game and people's health is a little bit more important

Errhile likes this.
  16. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Dig into my pile of shame so I feel better about getting Kaldstrom :P

17. Nuada Airgetlam

I'd have to stop buying anything until 2077 ;)

ev0k and Xeurian like this.
  18. Errhile

Damn, I have no pile of shame to paint through... :(

Major_Gilbear likes this.
  19. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

15 days, so yeah, around end of March. Then Congress must vote to extend the "Estado de Alarma". And this legislature it is Clown Circus: many parties needed to agree, and some only care about "their thing"... so we will see once the day arrives. Maybe they extend it if doctors say so, maybe not, maybe alliances change for this special case and "their thing" parties get relegated to a corner by all the rest. They all have acted slowly at best, completly childish at worst.

OTOH, Internet shops should still operate... that means couriers should be working.

Spain seems to be roughly two weeks behind Italy, if that helps figure anything.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Also, this so called "lockdown" is not very strict: you can go outside to work, to buy food, to walk the dog, to buy cigarretes, to go to the hairdresser, to buy a new pair of glasses...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation