1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS recognition for TTS Infinity in current virus situation?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

@Koni @Aiwe
    Would it be possible for CB to please officially recognize the Tabletop Simulator + modpack [ https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131997267 ] for ITS gameplay in the current situation where face to face games are very much ill advised and all events / tournaments are being cancelled due to the coronavirus and population is advised to stay at home?

Doesn't have to be for grand tournaments, it would just be awesome to still be able to play at least a friendly ITS league or small event all online. I know this is already legal for Aristeia, so I hope the same can be done for Infinity :)

Cheers!

2. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Actually would be quite nice to have online tournaments and campaigns every now and then. Not only an opportunity of competitive play for those who can't find time to attend tourneys in person, but also a way to encourage international competitive play to freshen up the experience and shake up the meta.

Would be nice to get 3D minis for that module too... :p

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  3. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyway they'd support something that can potentially hurt their sales.

4. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Orrrrr....go and invest into implementation of normal sci-fi scirmish turn based (real-time?) strategy for pc\ios\android\mac (defiance profits ... huh? need to be invested?)
    Cause... what is the actual profit for participating in TTS? And how many there people who'd choose willingly to play clumsy TTS instead of ...mmm...league of legeneds , world of tanks or even heartstone?

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, I don't think it does in practice. From what I understand, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War saw a massive boost in sales for GW, likewise with Magic Cards, when they released an online platform on Steam.
    From what I can gather, it is also what binds many Aristeia players together, who havent stopped purchasing models.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

This. The physical product is probably the biggest draw in wargaming still. Even if Infinity had its dedicated video game with 1:1 translated rules, I would still buy the miniatures.

If Infinity didn't have awesome miniatures, I wouldn't care about the game at all.

7. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

This virus is weak, it esay to resist it without BTS.

loricus and Abrilete like this.
  8. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Imagine a Free to Play Infinity tabletop simulator with in-game purchases. Not like the clunky TTS, a really polished one with ladder, replays, streaming and stuff. I wonder If wargames ever come to that...

Barrogh likes this.
  9. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

XCOM 3 - Infinity?

ChoTimberwolf and WarHound like this.
  10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Why do you need it official? It's not gonna happen.

11. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I mean... anyone who wanted to play Infinity. So, me!

WarHound likes this.
  12. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Speaking as a Zondbot, I tested positive but with little adverse effects.

13. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

I'm not sure they'd want the player base and exposure increase offered by translating to a more mass media format, or at least not in the current situation. I mean, a single mod alone wouldn't be able to handle it for sure.

#13 Eclipse, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  14. Nuada Airgetlam

Heh.

15. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Oh come on, I meant a single mod alone. You got it.

16. Nuada Airgetlam

Still amusing :D

17. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

If you want to run an event on TTS, just run an event on TTS. Outside of a couple restrictions hard coded into OTM, tourney organisers have broad discretion.

Just think of it as approving some non-standard proxy models.

18. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i think they do need some picture proof of the tournament. which is why they can do pretty much anything during the tourney as long as at least there was a physical tourney.

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, I've never organized an ITS event so I didn't know that, but I suspected something like that. It's pretty hard to prove an online tourney happened, but maybe if games were streamed and / or recorded by at least one of the parties?

20. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Events are verified on OTM using a code purchased in an ITS pack or from CB's online store. There is no requirement for pictures or anything else of the sort to lodge an event using OTM; you buy the code and the event is good.

My understanding is that some other event types (tigerlands etc) require photos so wouldn't be practical, but there are no impediments to running an ITS event in TTS that cannot be resolved by TO discretion.

#20 RobertShepherd, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    ChoTimberwolf, WarHound and Robock like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation