1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldström units leaked

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Apsara or Shukra or even Arjuna spec ops would've been more in line with the other factions' spec ops, and as is they mark a significant deviation from the curve while similarly Hafza and Muyib spec ops also has pre-existing gear that's very valuable. It's my opinion that aiming for units with a basic cost in the 20's similar to those three would produce more interesting and varied spec ops.

But yes, I do think I'm hoping for too much, like I wrote, and this ITS extra will remain kind of godawful as a result.

2. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Lol struck a nerve? I play against the best player in the world regularly, dont talk shit about metas here.
    When your rui shi is alpha striked even basic sensors works great against mk2 sniper. Coordinated order to get something like sujian closer AND force FTF against panzerfaust or burst 2 spitfire while setting up sensor for triangulated fire is not inefficent.

Oh and triangulated is just the most reliable way to kill anything that bound your valuable unit in CC.
    Madtraps zhanying is great.

3. Mahtamori

Triangulated Fire is very good on Sensor units, but if your plan is to need to use it then you've already failed. This is not a primary tool by any means, it's a neat extra similar to a Hac Tao's DA CCW - except you're both more likely to have use for it and you pay less points for it.

Zhanying's biggest crime is that the high cost of Sixth Sense L2 (which is handed out like candies at Christmas) means the Zhanying's price gets bloated as a result. That together with that special ammo is a tiny bit over-priced. If they as a result of N4 drops about 3-5 points in relation to most units, I think the unit would be able to stand on its own simply by not being priced as a premium unit - because it isn't a premium unit.

ObviousGray likes this.
  4. fatherboxx

I find that Infinity is very much a game of finding plan B when your plan A dies to crits or when best units on both sides eliminate each other and you are forced into Turn 3 battle of the leftovers and combi rifles. This is where bloated and overcosted units actually shine because at least one of their aspects may matter.

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

No I just fundementally don't respect git gud arguments

Then why the fuck are you spouting low tier nonsense? That makes it worse, not better.

It... it literally is though. What you're describing is not only shitty deployment but a situation where you increase wounding your actually valuable unit only then take a shot which is a fucking coin toss and 33% for nothing happens at all, except you throwing away your order (not to mention, you need to put 2 wounds and you're doing all this to pick off an inconsequential piece that doesn't drain his order pool)

Mentioned this already

There fixed that for you.
    It's cute though, the boxing bag of a better player attemtps to be smug and toss off "git gud" comments.

6. fatherboxx

Strange, they are the only ones that you ever make anywhere, spouting rude and close-minded nonsense from a position of supposed authority.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Stating that a unit is trash is not a git gud argument though. You need English lessons then, I suppose. Have fun with that.

PS: "from a position of supposed authority" LMAO. Sounds like projection.

8. Mahtamori

Yes, but depends on if the bloat contributes to a plan B and plan C or if it is all-in on plan F. Paying for 16 CC is a typical Plan F - it's near enough always a fail to use it that using "always" isn't much of an exaggeration.

Sensor, though... the primary function is to ferret out Hidden Deployment and to be a lorry-sized spanner in the gears for the likes of Saito when they need to stop over-extending and go into Marker state. Triangulated Fire is good late turn 3 when your opponent has a KHD Ninja or a Myrmidon sitting on the objective or when you need to get rid of a Kamau Sniper that's lost its Fireteam, etc. It's quaint and will catch your opponent by surprise every now and then when - surprise surprise you're not in the -3 range band, you're actually shooting at 40" as if you were 12" away.
    And the biggest benefit is; you're not paying for Triangulated Fire, you're paying for Sensor. Triangulated Fire is a little treat on the side!

I love Sensor. Can you tell? :p

Knauf likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Back on track. I'm sad that i'll have no opportunity to get the new Monk. I relied on working at Adepticon to get anything new and now that's not going to happen due to being canceled. I can only hope CB changes their mind about him because now they are going to have no sales at Adepticon. I'm sure it's small amount of sales but I can only hope at this point.

10. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Why can't you just order one from CB?

11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

$. I was going to actually work at Adepticon. That money could have been used to buy the new stuff. I just can’t spend the money on things like this. But that’s the nature of the hobby. I can’t complain really. I need to save up to get a blister once in a while but things like box sets are pretty much not happening for me for a long time. That’s why I like the NA2 stuff. More ways to play with what I have keeps it interesting. But I can’t justify spending what I’m guessing he will cost plus shipping for one figure if I can get him separate. Certainly not happening if it’s a bundle.
    No matter. I’ll proxy with something. I still love my flipping 1st ed. Monk!

BTW from what I’ve seen at my FLGS Saito costs about he same as the MSRP plus shipping. Inflated in comparison but not really.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

If you have any local friends that are going to order you could have them add an extra monk for you.

Golem2God and colbrook like this.
  13. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, CB. Why is this monk online store exclusive? Wasn't Code 1 and N4 supposed to be all about making the game easier to stock for local game stores? And now I have to screw my store over if I want the model I'm excited about?

Seriously, Infinity is having trouble enough in my local community as it is, and my store hates the ropes they have to jump through to stock it. How the hell am I supposed to get my store excited about the new shit and my community off life support when CB doesn't want me to buy through them?

14. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Talk to your other locals, put together a group buy through the online store, then get the rests through your LGS.

It's only a huge problem if you want it to be.

Just to weigh in... A unit that has Mad Traps and Sensor can set up Triangulated Fire with impunity, just as easily a Camo Zulu Cobra can. Mechanically, mad traps pretty much guarantee getting into position against anything it wants to use Triangulated Fire on. I don't know how often I'd use the profile myself, but I think Sensor + Mad Traps + Nimbus grenades + Breaker is a decent range of tools for a broad spectrum of threats. I think VIRD is on the decline, but Nimbus is still a great tool there. Sensor and Mad Traps are likely to have application in every game you play. And Breaker's probably going to be more useful in N4, if it's true that Armor will be incentivized somehow.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hm. Or it is because the company doesn't make it less of one?

16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Exactly. If the mini’s that vital to you, there are simple ways to make it happen. However, the fact that they require effort might put some people off...

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

In this case the problem is purely $$. Person's immediate work was shitcanned because corona virus and the mini in question has a limited order window instead of being a long term product they could pick up after the current crisis is over.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Really, it's just one miniature, so it shouldn't impact LGS at all. It is annoying for us customers, however, who have to order it with expensive shipping costs, depending on where one lives. I'd prefer to not have these exclusive shop items in the future, if at all possible.

19. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

In healthy communities where body count isn't a problem, sure, it's a drop in the bucket. But if you're trying to get the game off the ground (which, at this point, I effectively am), then it's a stiff middle finger to the stores you want to get support from.

"Hey, LGS guys, you know that game that's been kind of a pain in the ass for you guys to stock and promote up until now? Well, I promise it'll stop being a pain in the ass, just after you jump through all these hoops to deal with this one starter box. Swear it."

Zewrath and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  20. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Keep an eye on ebay as I've seen these type of minis pop up from time to time. Once in awhile you'll see one at a good price that isn't outrageous and more in line with normal blister packs. It is a pain to wait but always keep an eye out and you might be surprised at what models/boxes you can grab at reasonable prices.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation