1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa in N4

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

And now that we have Kendrat with VS, there're even less reasons to get Ectros xD

melkiach likes this.
  2. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Kendrat, interesting profiel, but i didn't play it yet, from september i'm playing 100% Spiral Corps

But after this month tournament i'll swap to Tohaa again, so i could play Kendrat and see if it fits well or not :D :D :D

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The Ectros might be an interesting choice in Spiral due to tricore existing. Spiral already has the Ectros character for some reason.

Golem2God and melkiach like this.
  4. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

The more profiles you have the more interesting it becomes, thats 100% true

That's why now, with the new troops and the remake of the Tohaa Spec Ops loadout options, we all can perform new and "non repetitive" lists to play with our generic army

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

As long as I can play them with N4 rules, I don't care about how balanced they are.

6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Good news and new dice the same day! As you can see, they are being trained to work for the Triumvirate :3

[​IMG]

7. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I played the ectros HMG a lot before the sukeul came along.

Would fire ignoring the arm value of any profile with symbiont armour be enough of a drawback?

8. meikyoushisui

The problem is that still punishes high-wound symbiont more than low wound symbiont (the same thing the current rule does) -- a Gorgos going down to one hit from an LFL isn't desirable.

ChoTimberwolf, Abrilete and Hecaton like this.
  9. SpectralOwl

Make the Burnt status act as IMM-1 or another debuff for Symbiont Armour users? That should be fair for light and heavy armour guys.

10. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Fire is already an ideal ammunition type against high-wound, low-ARM models, so I'm still not really convinced there needs to be some baked in additional vulnerability for symbioarmour (especially in the interests of removing the delineation between symbioarmour and other basically identical rules).

Abrilete and Henshini like this.
  11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well, overall the points algorithm is busted and they need to stop playing games with it. No surprise there.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  12. Hecaton

Sure, as long as they raise the price somewhat for all symbioarmor profiles.

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Yeah don't worry, if after the simbiont is down they will keep the same BTS, ARM and PB they can rise the price perfectly

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Hecaton

What? No, that's not what I meant. I meant that symbio armor is mostly undercosted.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  15. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@Hecaton this is some kind of Shashvastii operation to attempt to bring a heart attack on the rest of the Tohaa stranded on the Human Sphere??

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ^^

16. meikyoushisui

He's right though. Symbiont Armor really screws with the rules about how many points a wound costs. Since armor costs seems to scale with wounds even though wounds tend to be a much more cost efficient investment per point, high wounds + low armor seems to hit a much better sweet spot per point.

One of the reasons Tohaa tends to overperform is this high level of "luck insurance."

Mahtamori, Hecaton and Janzerker like this.
  17. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

That and Makauls.
    Makaul were right when the faction was launched, with only 12 profiles and being designed as a faction to fight at close-medium range. When the faction was given access to elite HMG, Missile launcher and viral sniper then Makauls turned from being balanced in the faction into being obscenely good.
    Imho Makaul need to have their AVA halved and lose the eclipse in exchange for normal smoke if Tohaa wants to make it into N4.

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

And deal with MSV2/MSV3 how?

meikyoushisui and melkiach like this.
  19. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

Methinks somebody needs to learn how to play either for Tohaa or against them.

I'm using 1 or 2 Makauls in most of my lists, and don't feel like they're carrying the games for me. Actually it's the opposite, almost every time I took max AVA of them, I lost.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  20. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Well presumably SymbioBombs, Kriigel Agents and Units without MSV visibility mods.

But I do think making Makauls regular smoke is pretty much a straight upgrade to them.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation