1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Literally nobody is asking for them to "give all their intentions at the outset". It's amazing what the words "These plans will be subject to potential changes" can do to assuage concerns.

And frankly, this has nothing to do with "new products". It's about what is effectively planned obsolescence.

Better look out for fire, what with that strawman you're building!
    Nobody's asking for handholding. Nobody's asking for constant monitoring. All that is being asked for is more timely communication.

We've seen this nonsense happen too many times for me to assume that you are unaware of how these things always play out.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Staying radio silent about changes to schedules and being all "we told you it will be there in August, but now it will be there when it will be there" is not the way to go, it's the way to lose customers, fast.

We would understand changes to schedule. I fully understand that even though the commitment of 2020 for the above factions is serious, it might slip into early 2021.

It's a different case when "always" turns out to be "not really". If you get a "lifetime door to door warranty" on a product, it breaks and the company is going "ackshually, the EU law changed, the warranty is just 3 years since purchase and you need to ship it over; and it's been over 4 years now, so we can't help you, sorry", are you happy? Would it change your stance if they emailed you or called you and said "sorry, customers, we're being forced to change the warranty rules by law, it is now this and this amount of years since purchase"? Because I know it would. Still a shame, but you are aware and in for a nasty surprise now.

Whaleofforum likes this.
  3. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

Maybe, the people that "won" this argument is everybody and we can drop it?

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 New Member

wut?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

I agree this is a win for the whole community.

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s not worth the rabbit hole...

7. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

A the rage continues good good

8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I for one welcome a company not giving a shit about the moronic expectations generation insta gratifications claims as their birthright.

My 6 figures/year Provider SLA with 1h response time better make sure I'll never have to wait that hour.

The company making my hobby metal minis responding to a moronic rumor? 3 days for an elaborate statement seems within their right to make the call if they want to bother or not, if at all.

Friendly reminder that Uprising sold and sold and sold, no matter how angsty the 5 or so people got about Psycho Crane ushering the downfall of Infinity.
    Realistically speaking the tiny fraction of a fraction of Infinity's playerbase who a) heard about the stupid rumor b) gave a shit and c) would actually put their money where there mouth is wouldn't have made a dent on a release even in the worst case scenario (no response and rumor actually true).

Now excuse me I need a new keyboard after spitting my coffee into this one.
    Almost choked laughing after the first idiot started padding himself on the back for "convincing CB to change the err of their ways".
    Should really not be surprised at this point, yet here I am - entertained.
    Man, human stupidity is truly a gift that keeps on giving, a never ending well of joy and good laughs for everyone.

Choofa, Crusader, chaos11 and 14 others like this.
  9. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Came across this thread a day late I guess. I also must have already blocked most of the people panicking cause it read as 10 pages of folks telling invisible people to calm down. It was actually kind of fun to read, like some weird kind of experimental literature.

Now I have to decide if I want to rush to paint all my U.S.Ariadna for day 1 or to be lazy and just wait for my already painted MRRF to be usable.

Alphz and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I’ll politely ask to tone down the discussion, relax and stop fighting amongst you. You have now an official statement and you can agree with it or not, but please, respect you and your fellow Infinity players and their opinions.

Thank you for your understanding and collaboration guys, is really appreciated :)

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Wow.

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well I for one am gladdened by the announcement and I think it's a positive step.

I'm also glad that a policy of "wait until we get an official statement before losing your god damn minds" has proven to be wise and prescient. The entire notion of this thread was based off hearsay and whatever your personal reaction to that hearsay? It was hearsay.

13. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Yeah thanks CB for clarification and now I'm eager to crush some artichokes in N4!

14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

People probably want you to be aware that you almost certainly didn't cause a change of heart from CB and this was their plan all along because they don't want to see a repeat of the recent hysterics in the community due to a perceived idea that they are somehow effective.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

You are welcome to keep believing that.

16. Sobakaa

Sobakaa Active Member

All this shows is that CB should be more careful with who they share news with. It is not uncommon for a hastily posted rumour to be misinterpreted. They should've prepared a statement prior to ever speaking about armies removal/delay and post it on the same day. That would've been ideal and ideal cannot always be reached, unfortunately.
    Now it remains to be seen whether the re-introduction of those armies into N4 will be done properly or it'll be a rushed job to keep a promise made under stress of drama.

P.S. Personally i don't buy their justification of lack of resources to port 5 armies when they immediately introduce 2 new ones and will write both n3 and n4 rules for them, pretty much wasting said limited resources. But i don't want to debate it here so please don't quote me into this.

17. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Careful @kanluwen your reputation as the biggest troll on the forum might be overtaken by this new @Nuada Airgetlam fella. :p ;)

Teleute, Tourniquet, Torres and 3 others like this.
  18. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Will we see somebody banned today?

19. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Ladbrookes has it at 2/3 for.

#259 A Mão Esquerda, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    CAnon likes this.
  20. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Yeah, well that reputation tends to be cemented by people who have no actual ability to differentiate between the argument and ad hominems so it is what it is.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation