1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

OOT, but this.

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Caledonia re-release confirmed.

3. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

Nobody who is posting on this forum can change whatever the info dump is going to be, it's really weird that you're threatening all of us with you not buying an infinity adjacent game. Just don't do it, CB makes you upset, why at this point would you enter into a new purchase if you're so upset that you post *waves at both of the threads you've made on this subject* like this? They will be fine without your pledge, and your posting about it isn't going to change anything. It sounds a lot like you're ready and maybe wanting to be upset with it. Save yourself the grief, I think.

DukeofEarl, CAnon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Nuada Airgetlam

Totally not the point. I want to make an informed decision about Defiance.
    I want to know if CB is the kind of a company that will outright lie and abandon an army or will they keep their word.

I want the awesome Defiance models, but I won't buy them if CB invalidates two of my other armies.
    I am worried that they've tried stalling past Defiance deadline, others have already expressed the same sentiment before - and I'm worried that tomorrow's statement will not resolve the issue.

Not sure what's so hard to grasp here.

The Holy Knight likes this.
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

I think it is the fact that everyone heard you already, and that keeping going on might be detrimental to everyone, including you. I understand it may be difficult to empathise with that, but most people have a fairly strict policy about negativity, "bad vibes", especially for matters perceived undesserving of them like rumors, and I feel like you threw a lot of those during the past few days. And what about Justice, don't you need solid evidences to condemn someone in a fair manner ? We have statements coming, before Defiance deadline tho I'm personnaly sure it is unrelated, so I'm 100 positive that at this point, pitchforks are better left on the rack until then.

#185 Eclipse, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And if that negativity is the only thing they see, even more so.

Eclipse likes this.
  7. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

I Think that if you're concerned enough to continue to post about it, you've probably made up your mind already. I don't know that I've ever seen you post anything resembling excitement for the game. At this point, while it would be a loss for the polish community, it might be time to consider hanging up your space-spurs and moving on to another game, or games, or non-game hobby. I have been in your shoes, posting rage-filled diatribes and comparing gaming companies to scabs and other ill-concieved allegories, in my anger. But I've moved past that and am super thrilled that the game I play has a rad new way to play in the IP (Defiance) and a new, tighter ruleset (N4) and a new way to get more people into it (C1) on the way.

I understand that to you, your one-time purchases of pewter minis is percieved as a subscription game-as-a-service, but to me, they're really cool toys, that are getting some new cool things soon. So these "grievous" missteps don't burn me or others like they do you - and I don't mean to imply you're the only one who feels burned. That doesn't make your concerns invalid, but I suspect you are spiralling, a thing I used to do a lot, though normally it happened with anxiety rather than anger. The best thing to do for your health, and your continued ability to communicate your frustration, is usually to step back. harping on the same points as if they're obvious to people who have a different point of view from you isn't going to make you feel better, or create a change - it's just going to reinforce your own negative feelings, making you feel worse, and push a wedge between you and people who may be otherwise empathetic to your concerns.

I get the feeling of betrayal, I really do. But I also think you may be making yourself angrier every time you post, and that's not healthy, especially for someone with a self professed ASD and ADD. You know that reinforcement is a slippery slope, and I hope you can at the very least step back - or write to the people who will actually be able to take your concerns with the company forward, as creating an echo chamber that is mostly yourself is not going to help you at all.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

Thanks for this post, @alcahest and the concern. The anger comes and goes pretty quickly, it's plateau'd a while ago and now I'm passive, gotta wait for the "verdict". I'd just rather know already.

Things is, I got mad exactly because I don't want to abandon the game, the minis, the hobby. Painting stuff is also my work. I'm passionate about it, to a fault probably, exactly because I care. But I also need to respect myself and not allow a company to yank my chain.

9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That's why we all here, no?

yojamesbo, Abrilete and Teslarod like this.
  10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

That was more about companies who ruined their image by actively lying and cutting corners for release dates, content, quality for a full price product.

To the best of my knowledge CB can be pretty blunt and heavy handed about notifying players about changes. Their reasoning behind it can be a real head scratcher at times, but the difference here would be that I've never been under the impression that has happened on purpose. They still love their game and want it to move forward, which is why they sometimes have to let part of it go to keep it healthy.
    Players never like losing anything, no matter how minuscule. For instance the current Tik is a carbon copy of old Toni - yet people still demand her back.

Outright removing the Exrah back then invalidated the entire army, if that happend today I'd grab my pitchfork. Splitting JSA was letting the narrative have an impact on gameplay, not a fan of that either, but we have the stats and most of the players were completely fine or even happy about it.
    If I'm going to lose NCA and SAA permanently that's gonna suck, but no one has officially said that yet.
    Even if it happens I'd expect their core troops to survive in Vanilla until they eventually return to the fray in their whole Sectorial glory.
    Permanently losing an entire Faction sounds questionable, Tohaa getting axed (rather than just delayed for a couple months) in N4 seems unrealistic.

#190 Teslarod, Mar 11, 2020
    Nuada Airgetlam and Urobros like this.
  11. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Everybody relax... hype and panic has already scared the shit out of CB... If they were planning it before, I doubt they'd do it now. In real life it probably will result in some limbo state for many factions... but hey - if CB was scared once - it can be frightened again, so good job everyone and be vigilant till next time! ;)

Nuada Airgetlam and Urobros like this.
  12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Exrah weren't even an army, they were three or four units, and not really popular ones at that iirc . The situation was barely comparable to the idea of the effective (and if they're still with their units rules listed in vanilla, pointless) removal of entire armies. Especially two with massive narrative importance to PanO, one that would be recovered at least partially from the narrative reason for being reduced in importance, and QK and Tohaa have a whole bunch of units that'll be in NA2 as well even if you argue that they're from design spaces the narrative and rules have shifted out of sync with.

Factor in that narratively the CA can't win too much without breaking the setting entirely, and that if anything a human spearhead turning the other side of Acheron into Paradiso But CA Are Defenders adds more scope for future expansion (merging Acon and NCA into like a PanO Expedition Force, adding more O12, a wider scope battle game at some point in a different scale to represent full warfare rather than the skirmishes of Infinity, etc), then this story becomes even trickier to justify narratively let alone in terms of the mess it creates rules and reputation wise.

#192 Del S, Mar 11, 2020
    Time Bandit and Teslarod like this.
  13. Whaleofforum

Whaleofforum Well-Known Member

I really hope the factions in the title of this thread do not disappear in N4. I've put a lot into several of them and really want to continue playing them. I just don't see a rationale for not transferring them into N4.

Story wise, I think the game play outweighs their termination too strongly.

Gameplay wise, I don't think they're taking up a design space that needs to be shifted elsewhere, and I don't think they bring a negative play experience. I like playing with and against them very much.

Cost wise, maybe it's expensive to transfer them to N4, but the cost to players is too great and needs to be weighed. Furthermore, it's just a little bit of paperwork and design to transfer them to N4. Just look at how CB does projects like extra missions, closed battle lists. I think the effort to maintain existing armies is necessary.

I don't want to lose things just because we're moving to a new edition. Subtraction wasn't what I had in mind.

14. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Bugger! Guess my MRRF are Kazaks now. Hand in your camembert and wine for vodka and borscht, mes amis.

15. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

So, no statement today either?

theradrussian likes this.
  16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

we still have half workday

17. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

We have still wednesday before us, at least in Spanish Time, about seven and half hours :P

18. Aiwe

Aiwe Well-Known Member
    CB Staff

Hello, I'm Belén Moreno, director of Marketing of Corvus Belli.

:flag-gb: ENGLISH:

I want to share with you some thoughts on the latest issues regarding communications about Infinity N4.

I’d like to clarify that our intention is to make a single launch of N4, with all the available factions and sectorials included from day one. But I’d also like to remind you that ours is a small company whose resources are limited, which means that, in case we don’t get to the deadline in time -either because the game development team couldn’t change and test all profiles in time or because the IT team (external and internal) didn’t manage to have the Army in time-, we would work on an action plan and a schedule to upload the profiles in a scaled way. All these movements would be made public, of course. It’s crucial for us that the profiles are not only available from day one, but that they also meet the quality that all of you, our community, deserve.

I’m confirming that the factions and sectorials currently not for sale (discontinued these past years) will not be available in Infinity N4 on day 1, they will be added gradually during 2020 (we will provide a schedule) and will be visually distinguished from those factions/sectorials that do have products for sale. The idea is that a new player doesn’t get confused by having product profiles that can’t be found in the market.

Why not including them on the first day?
    Basically, we don’t have the resources to change all those profiles and upload them to Army. Once again, our resources are limited L
    I wanted to make this statement in first person because I’d like to convey that behind the screen there’s us, Corvus Belli’s workers, who come to the office every day hoping to give our best, that if something characterizes us is our closeness to you, we’ve always been there answering your questions, being transparent and meeting your expectations. Of course, we make mistakes from time to time, but we put all our passion into everything we do. We have a single goal: making Infinity sustainable, that it may grow, and that all of us may find our place in the hobby. In short, we enjoy our passion.

Thank you so much for your comprehension, let’s continue enjoying our hobby, and let’s get crazy with Operation Kaldstorm.

:flag-es:ESPAÑOL:

Quiero compartir con vosotros algunas reflexiones sobre los últimos acontecimientos referentes a la comunicación de Infinity N4.

Me gustaría aclarar nuestra intención es hacer un único lanzamiento de N4 con todas las facciones y sectoriales disponibles en Army desde el primer día. Pero, también me gustaría recordar que somos una empresa pequeña que no cuenta con recursos infinitos, esto quiere decir que en el caso de que no lleguemos a tiempo, bien porque al equipo de desarrollos de juego no les dé tiempo a cambiar todos los perfiles y testearlos, o bien, porque al equipo de IT (externo e interno) no les dé tiempo a tener listo el Army trabajaríamos en un plan de acción y un calendario para subir los perfiles de forma escalada y, por supuesto, todos estos movimientos los haríamos públicos. Para nosotros es muy importante no solo que los perfiles estén disponibles el primer día, sino que lo estén con la calidad que nuestra comunidad, que vosotros y vosotras, os merecéis.

Os confirmo que las facciones y sectoriales que actualmente no están a la venta (se han descatalogado a lo largo de estos años) no estarán disponibles el día 1 en Infinity N4, se irán añadiendo paulatinamente durante 2020 (os pasaremos un calendario) y se distinguirán de forma visual de aquellas facciones/sectoriales que sí tienen producto a la venta. La idea es que a un jugador nuevo no le lleve a confusión tener perfiles de productos que no puede encontrar en el mercado.

¿Por qué no incluirlos el primer día?

Básicamente no nos podemos permitir destinar recursos en cambiar todos esos perfiles y subirlos a Army. Nuestros recursos, una vez más son limitados L

Este comunicado lo he querido hacer en primera persona, porque me gustaría trasladaros que detrás de una pantalla nos encontramos nosotros, los trabajadores de Corvus Belli, que cada día venimos a la oficina con la ilusión de entregar lo mejor, que si algo nos caracteriza es nuestra cercanía con vosotros, siempre hemos estado ahí contestando vuestras preguntas, siendo transparentes y respondiendo a vuestras expectativas. Por supuesto, en ocasiones nos equivocamos, pero ponemos toda nuestra pasión en cada cosa que hacemos. No somos infalibles, pero damos la cara. Solo tenemos un objetivo: que Infinity sea sostenible, que pueda crecer y que todos y todas podamos encontrar nuestro espacio en el hobby. En definitiva, que disfrutemos de nuestra pasión.

Muchas gracias por vuestra comprensión, sigamos disfrutando de nuestro hobby y flipemos con Operación Kaldstorm.

19. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Well that makes alot of sense, I do like the idea of distinguishing those armies that are not on the market so that new players know they aren't readily available.
    Thanks for the official confirmation! It's unfortunate that there is quite a vocal group who would immediately jump to pitchforks and torches over rumors rather than waiting for info from the source.

#199 atomicfryingpan, Mar 11, 2020
    Tourniquet, Golem2God, saint and 6 others like this.
  20. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

Golly gee, it looks like all the wailing and gnashing of teeth WAS over nothing, whoda thunk it -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation