1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom, C1, N4 - bad news, we've been lied to, again

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

@meikyoushisui maybe, but I do assume some units will probably be getting the axe completely. I don't think it will be alot but I wouldn't be surprised if for instance we see the regulars, Rao, and Singh all go away from the game. I feel like Rao and Singh would be easy pills to swallow since they don't do much and can still fill in as normal bagh mari/akalis. The regulars aren't different enough from fusiliers imo to keep them around.

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@atomicfryingpan it still won't be the same theme, even if there will be similarities, and it's perfectly understandable for some people to liking one, but not the other. You might lose access to Seraph, you might not have similar HI fireteams options in Svalarheima, etc. In the end it boils down to personal preferences, and it's not fair to say that others should enjoy changes only because we do.

I can fully understand playing with self imposed restrictions; I was playing Vedic Aleph for years before OSS was a thing. But it's not the same as saying that we could really play Vedic sectorial ;)

Errhile, xagroth, Smiler and 2 others like this.
  3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Okay, starting from me!

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:yep I'm relieved. Almost too much relieved that I should go to bed. See you in the morning everyone!:spock-hand:

A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  4. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Chiming in to agree with @Stiopa. If you really like Acon because it's jungle warriors, but it gets axed and your precious Akals and BMs get shuffled off into VIRD, then sure, you can still play them, but it ain't jungle warriors anymore, it's a SWAT team, some mermaids, and some ex-jungle warriors on a cruise.

Theme matters to some people; I'm one of them, though I'm happy to say that this round of as-yet-unconfirmed cuts doesn't affect me.

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Heh, Acon was my first army specifically because I looked at them and thought "Hey, Catachans with some proper equipment!" :P

Yinsania, Smiler, Devil_Tiger and 2 others like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, people telling us "you're fine, just proxy your tohaa as something else!" just boggle my mind.

7. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Obviously there's also the whole completely different gameplay thing. Acontacimento does not play like Varuna. Playing Varuna is something different and I don't want to play the defensive Varuna game, I want aggressive Naga, Tik and Dart action with sniping and placing mines on the side. I can proxy my Acontacimento as Varuna already, it's even ITS legal, but it doesn't appeal to me. It appeals to me in both gameplay and theme, but it doesn't limit expanding into new armies.

8. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

RIP Acon. It's been an honor.

_presses F to pay respects_

9. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Is it fair to say, after a few hundred posts across several threads, that if CB had a simple answer to this news like "this is wrong, hang in there until Friday" they could have said it?

Does not that suggest that at least in large part these rumors are based on things that will happen? I ask, because it seems there are two responses:

1) has to happen for the health of the game

2) wait and see

The first one may well be the right answer, although my 25 or so painted Tohaa models that aren't in Spiral would represent a huge loss for me. The second strikes me as invalid - if there was no truth to this, CB could have put it to bed by now.

10. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Honestly sir, you should really stop commenting and give yourself a break. I think you are far too invested in this and should really work on distancing yourself from this issue until Friday.

None of us are happy about the leaked news, but I think it would be the best for your own health if you weren’t so focused on it at this moment.

11. atomicfryingpan

I guess with the themes I typically headcanon stuff I dont like anyway and it doesn't really bother me. Maybe I'm just "my dudes"ing really hard though. I do definitely agree that it would be annoying if for instance you have varuna painted one way and shock army painted another way and they don't mesh well. I dont see akal and bagh mari joining varuna as any kind of hurdle. I figured they would want to have fighters who can specialize in all different types of terrain and having good jungle fighters would definitely help. At the very least it's a decent thought experiment while we wait for official confirmations.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Roflmao. This thread is literally a sperg with fuel and matchsticks. :joy::joy:

Tourniquet and Wizzy like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Wow, a slur is all you can do?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Option A: "it's just models, mate. Just use them as Proxies": now I have zero reason to buy any more models from CB, and they lost a customer, regardless of me playing or not the game. This is akin to play a F2P game and not buying anything in their store, giving 0 money.

Option B: "each model matters, it is unique by itself, and then there's the value you give it with conversions, painting and effort": getting a single faction removed is hard, if this "snap" happens, I get TWO (Qapu & Tohaa), meaning I have no reason to buy anything else from CB.

Those are mutually exclusive. Either there is worth to have more than 20-30 CB miniatures, or there is not. Regardless, the removal means I have no reason to keep buying CB's products. Not even wanting to support a national company, because it would have proven undeserving of my support (in my eyes, at least, and sorry to say to you, I control my wallet).
    For the record, telling your customers "go spend your money elsewhere" tends to be seen as a poor marketing strategy.

So here we are. They came for JSA, and most not only did nothing, but many actively gifted it away (even when it wasn't "theirs"). They came for Merovingia, and most said "it was its time". They came for Qapu, and many shrugged, "most of it it's anywhere else, so why bother". Then they came for Acontecimiento, and there was some crying... but new toys, so all is forgiven...
    They took away Tohaa while claiming it was "their year", their best moment. Their success.

Now they say nothing when asked if those, and NCA (took away because new toys again), will be removed from N4. Nothing is said when the previous declaration of ALL FACTIONS being in N4 from the start seems to be contradicted.

Not. A. Word.

We shall see if they say anything before the end of the Defiance's Late Pledge finish date. I doubt so, but we'll see.

I surely hope they were not pressed for money and that was the real reason for the KS.

15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

No.

Dum spiro, spero.
    While I breathe, I hope.

ASA is not dead yet. Nor are Tohaa, QK, NCA and everyone else. You put them to their grave far too early.

16. atomicfryingpan

Can we please stop with this overly dramatic language. Trying to make it sound like the "first they came" poem is ridiculous. They said tomorrow they will address this.

Yog.0, chaos11, Cthulhu363 and 4 others like this.
  17. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I didn't really want to say something but doing that is kind of.... really offensive.....

18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I dunno if it's a lack of history knowledge or just a blinding lack of perspective.... But wow.

19. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

They've all been inducted into the CA, welcome your new Sygmaa overlords!

alchahest and Sabin76 like this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Overly dramatic? Yeah.
    Overly offensive? Sure.

Time to wait for tomorrow's "Communiqué"? Surely. But you all were having your fun, and I was bored the whole day with half the office at home, because of COVID, so, I came back to the forum to have my laugh.

And point to Caledonia. Because of reasons :p

And because I missed all the pre-ordained possitions, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation