1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

2. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

We still don't know if they will be gone or not.
    They'll also still be collectable, even if they're not playable.
    In the worst possible outcome, a tablespoon of bullshit is all it takes for the statement to be true: they're still CB models and therefore can be proxies for anything of the same silhouette.

After that it'll be down to the Individual to decide how much bullshit they're willing to accept.

Going over the same points won't make CB answer sooner, or make the answer be what you want. In fact probably nothing short of going to Bueu and playing Tom Jones 'What's new pussycat' on repeat until they crack will speed up the answer...

4. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Honestly dude, you need to calm down a bit. There has been no official statement yet...we don't know things until CB either releases a video or a definite post in this forum. This is not helping anyone!

Padre, Forbino1, OrderMonkey and 3 others like this.
  5. SubOctavian

SubOctavian Well-Known Member

I look forward to hearing some official news that will confirm my previous impression that CB cares for the players. I can wait a few months for QK to appear in N4, that's fine. What is not fine is a possibility to turn into second class customer and wait for the bought and painted army to be playable for some indefinite period of time. With all due respect, that would be totally unacceptable and unfair. Also unclear why (even from business PoV).

Judge Dredd, csjarrat and Stiopa like this.
  6. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

What the hell, I leave for a couple of months and you all turn back into peat?
    No, bad *sprays with water bottle*

Wait for an official statement ya goobers

7. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looks like it's no use telling him what's cool and what isn't. Let's just hope the moderator to erase this thread soon.

Teslarod and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Nice, best to silence those who disagree, right? Disgusting.

The Holy Knight and Aldo like this.
  9. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Seriously, there'd be no talk of 'silencing those who disagree' if those who disagree did less stuff like calling people disgusting.

Forbino1 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I’d hope mods don’t nuke it, just for precedent’s sake, but, yeah, multiple threads from the same person to vent their spleen in does seem a tad on the excessive side...

Forbino1 likes this.
  11. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm genuinely sorry for prompting your sentiment, even with my slightest meddling. I just hope everything be well for us and for you.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

I have to say, I agree with you on keeping it low and reasonnable, but not about coercing. I don't think it is a matter of threatening anyone. Buying, and even more pledging a product from a company is basically supporting this company, investing in it. It requires trust. If you don't trust, you don't buy nor pledge. If you lose trust, you retract if you can. If they come forth and re-establish trust, you set your orders and pledges back. Simple wallet-voting logic. You might even argue that there is a human-decency, or rather pro-social component to the behavior of not supporting an untrustworthy -to your eyes- company, in regard to all the fellow customers you're supporting this way.

I smell ad hominem here. It's a bit more complex than that considering they edit games from studios that might not share their values, i.e. Arkane for Bethesda, that I miss quite a bit and hope to see coming back strong sooner than later. Voting is not always easy. Some get a membership party card, some don't.

I personnaly wouldn't mind getting my armies ditched, I understand sunk costs on my side, and game-design and business constraints on theirs. Customer loyalty can only go so far and sometimes, tough choices have to be made.I agreed on it with my first purchase. I wouldn't consider the value of my purchases nullified, the human experience always remains. I would also try to find a solution, either through proxying or homebrewing profiles. I encourage anyone feeling differently to try to feel this way, I like it a lot ! I don't mind if you don't want to tho.

In any case, I stand with everyone saying to wait until Friday. Worst case scenario, bonfire can wait.

Doppelganger, SpectralOwl and Stiopa like this.
  13. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

Or, we all just think you are DRASTICALLY over reacting, especially when you haven't had this information confirmed and we just want you to cool it till then. Even if this does pan out to be true, you reactions still strike a large portion of the community as far too dramatic considering that this is a game and those models can be used as stand ins legally. No one is happy when models get outmoded, but as a company they need to make hard decisions about which models are making them a profit. If Space Quebec were making money, they wouldn't have DC'd them. Would you prefer the company cut nothing and go under in a year? Then we lose everything.

TL;DR, it isn't that we are telling you not to have an opinion, we are telling you your reaction is premature and overly dramatic.

DukeofEarl and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Quick reality check - that would be asking for a ban or reporting you for whatever.
    You're free to have an opinion and express it in any degree of escalation or sensationalism.
    Anyone else is free to have an opinion as well and give you shit for yours.
    Dunno if anyone else clicked that report button, I don't see any need to do so, you're just upset and will calm down at some point.

It works both ways like that.

What you want to achieve right now is to shove your opinion down other people's throat and discredit anyone who disagrees.
    Now that would be exactly what you claim locking this thread is gonna do, oh the irony.

#114 Teslarod, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

You get extinct! And you get extinct! Everyone gets extinct!
    [​IMG]

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That would depend on what they have to share, wouldn't it. If the answer is more complicated than just "yes" or "no", or if the answer to a suddenly erupting shitstorm isn't fully formulated (because no information is better than wrong information), then no - we might just have to wait for it.

Just as long as we don't have to wait for as long as we did regarding Uprising.

Padre and Eclipse like this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Agreed. I'm just perplexed that people with over decade of experience in this field are still getting blindsided by reactions to moves like that.

18. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

Has Corvus Belli considered hiring someone to manage these kinds of sensitive announcements yet? You would have thought by now Corvus Belli would have learned the lesson that wiping peoples models from the current rules systems is a painful and emotional experience**. Rumors can be fun. Rumors can build excitement. Rumors about models being removed from almost every faction, don't do that, they build fear and anxiety.

This is exactly the same scenario as Uprising: What should be exciting news is massively dampened by information trickling out that CB is wiping a big chunk of profiles from "your" faction. We even have the same arguments from Uprising! "Wait and see, its just rumors", "No one is breaking your models" "why are you invested in your relationship with CB, they don't owe you anything".

Please for the love of god CB don't let this linger. Why they kicked this can down the road when MRRF (and QK and SAA) got removed with "no new models, but you can keep the rules", I don't know. Now we get to pull off this band-aid while N4 launches.

Finally a question for CB about the future: should we expect a reshuffle of playable factions every edition?

**maybe it is not painful for you. Maybe you are a veteran of this, happy-go-lucky, or just stoic. And that's fine. I am generalizing here about a clear and observable effect on the community. Something CB probably doesn't want every time they are trying to launch a new product that is supposed to excite and energize the community.

#118 Nimlothautle, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  19. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

So if they do give some sectorials the axe I doubt they're gonna give all of those units the axe as well. I wonder if some key units from those sectorials end up moving to other sectorials. Like maybe varuna gains bolts, hexa, and locusts. Maybe Military orders gains the swiss and aquila guards. Ramah could end up taking the hafza's and azrail? Something to that effect? If it was done right I could see it giving some sectorials a new playstyle sort of similar to an older sectorials. Maybe absorbing an old sectorial causes it to become a brand new sectorial altogether with a new name and logo and so on? If they did something like that I could understand it and be happy.

DukeofEarl and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You really ask for being ridiculed, aren't you? Please don't try to be the victim after putting down assumptions and apprehensions at several locations in the forum, stirring up fire again and again.

You made your point...EXTENSIVELY...we got it. If this is going to be a thing I am sure, there will be lots of people agreeing with you.

Until we get anything...please chill!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation