1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

No sir, I don't like it. Seems unnecessary, the factions could be given middling rules and stored on ice, allowing people to still play them some, if they still wanted.

Even, hell, invent a second category to denote their different status, and allow tournaments to exclude them if they for any reason felt the need. But a full-on squatting is egregious, if it proves to be true.

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, make these factions like "not-Mercs". Optional in ITS in N4. Not there by default. Keep them on ice and have official profiles for them.

I'd be cool with that for the time being, provided there would be a redesign in a year or two. Not with completely removing them and leaving my models in limbo.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I dunno, it seems kind of stupid to delete QK instead of restatting Al Hawwa, Azrail, Hafza, Sekban and Djanbazan in ARMY and giving a few modern link options (Like haris on literally everything, come on).

Djanbazan have a lovely new design. If N4 fixed regen they would be good already, and letting them cross link with Ghulam would make them outstanding.

Azrail, just let it link with 2 Hafza and put full auto on the FB.

Sekban can retire for good, barely anyone used them and KTS/druze can be a better premium one-wounder. Let Hafza link with KTS for better QK flavour.

Al Hawwa are fine as they are.

I don't get people talking about fixing QK like it's a big job. Sure it might be awkward for a few new players who can't find the models but it's going to be worse for existing players who can't use the ones they already have as what they were when they bought them.

4. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

The problem with QK was they were designed to be the "weird link options" faction (a lot like Druze, honestly. Surprised they didn't get slapped at the same time). Then everyone else got weird links too.
    They're seriously in need of a major redesign (possibly from the ground up) to find a way to make them special again.
    That'll take time. CB may as well explore Gabqar before then, see if that gives them any new inspiration on how to make QK great again before bringing them back (because they almost certainly will, eventually).

5. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It surely cannot be that hard to just add get-you-by stuff at some point. Many units will need to be updated to N4 rules for vanilla anyway, so what difference does it make for adding different AVAs and fireteams? I have serious doubts.

Hell, if CB can't do it themselves lemme at it when N4 drops, I'll get paper lists ready for casual play by November if they're unable to get them into Army. Probably imbalanced and nowhere near competitive but it's better than total deletion.

Also, if CB can "confirm" that to a fairly small Facebook page but not a larger one or even their own forums... It's a very strange approach in a time they knew would cause concerns and rumours no matter what happened.

#45 Del S, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  6. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Am I the only person who likes Djans and Sekbans?

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yeah, very strange.

8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It wouldn't be the first time they had done something that seemed this tone deaf though. I wouldn't put it past them. I'm giving 80/20 odds that the post is right.

9. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does CB has a strong ability to fuck up its communication ?

Seriously, some of the information we got through "informal" ways are keys to the future of the game (not all faction being release at the same time, some sectorials being deleted, box mixed of new/old references...) and should be handle to clear statement on CB website, not on quote from a tournament or non official Facebook talk.

This being said : sectorial being kept alive even if their mini were not sold any more have been a major point to me on CB side. Knowing that the mini I bought to a high price and spend hours to build and paint would always be usable is something important to me. I seriously hope this (and other rumors) end up just rumor and not a real thing.

10. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

CB's baked-in excuse here is proxy. You can still use the models as the closest thing from another sectorial (if sectorials as we know them are even a thing in N4).

Now admittedly, that works well enough for NCA, SAA and QK, it's a frustrating situation for Tohaa, but ultimately it's just a name change to Spiral Corps while loosing the flavour of the triad fireteam, (again, if fireteams are even around in the same capacity as in n3) and the mild irritant of having to proxy a few units.

FRRM, while not the end of the world, is actually kind of a bigger deal unless the Anaconda is made available in some other way to Ariadna, since it's a 45 euro mini which has absolutely no equivalent in faction and the closest NA2 to merovingia is really Dashat imo, and they use the Maggie...

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, it's used in Spiral, StarCo and Druze and while I'm not a connoisseur of MRRF, StarCo looks fairly close on a surface level.

12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I did not spend that much money on mini then the FTE of month of work painting them to use which amount to more than a hundred mini as proxy.

We are talking about something that will only take some work at N4 launch then a little bit of server space afterward as a reward people who spend hundred of euro on miniatures.That's not a high price to avoid the amount of bad press not doing it will generate.

As a footnote : 2 MRRF troopers are even painted on CB front door, and they would not be playable again ?

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

The Key is not "at N4 launch they will not be at army" the questión is, when we can see them? it's a approach date?

The panic is like: "NEVER COME BACK" and it's not true

14. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The Haqqislam units in dashat are a far better fit than the nomads in starco, not just in looks, but also in play style (metro and Ghulams, Chasseurs and hunzakuts etc) plus the 112,dozer and Mul being a straight transition, and Duroc standing in as Mcmurder...

15. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I agree! What's needed is an official answer.

*ducks for cover*

16. Nuada Airgetlam

The news said not playable unless redesigned. Which may or may not ever happen again.

17. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

- some dude starts an unconfirmed rumor
    - some other dude vastly over interprets shit before stuff is official
    - angsty ramblings about cancelling Defiance pledges and what not - coercing someone into a reaction by attempting to threaten them, cool move btw
    - post got like 4 upvotes, but basically claims it's a full on riot at this point... hm okay, gonna take your word for it
    - just another day on the forums

Completely unrelated question for personal amusement:
    May I ask if you gave any money to EA, Ubisoft, Bioware, Activision or Cloud Imperium Games game in the last 10 years?

Tourniquet, Unwol, DukeofEarl and 5 others like this.
  18. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

-CB communicates poorly
    -Historically, CB has communicated poorly
    -Based on past performance, people worry
    -People lack way to ensure they get a message from CB, hence worry grows stronger

I agree it's a bit OTT, but you gotta admit that this is not exclusively "oh the people who give money to CB are being big unfair meanies to the angels who give us our minis and the game"

19. Nuada Airgetlam

And so the attempts to convince us nothing bad is happening and everyone is "overreacting" begin.

Look out for those yes men and remember them. They will always stand for the company, never for the fans and customers.

20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

If this "news" are true, I'm not buying any product from CB again. Period.
    And, of course, I'll stop speaking positively about Corvus to my gamer friends.

#60 Abrilete, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation