1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom, C1, N4 - bad news, we've been lied to, again

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogre_man

Ogre_man Member

I am a pewter addict and I have armies to boot, but it is beyond the point.
    First, CB are breaking our trust. We've trusted them when they've rotated armies because of the twofold promise- constant legality and updates. And for a time, they've delivered on it.
    Second, the devaluement. For a wargamer, minies are something more than glorified fishing weights. You spend time, money and effort on them and expect them at the very least to be legal in game you have a connection to. A sentimental value, you may say. And now, you are told your minies are paperweights or at best glorified proxies until manana.
    Third, the community outrage. It is not big, yet closely-knit, and could become vocal. Could CB stand to upcoming shitstorm? Could they face the armies burning on YouTube like GW did? I sure hope so.

2. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I mean, how do you even HAVE an ITS season or tournaments if you don't have at least 80% of the sectorials ready? Maybe that's why they like August releases, so they have some time before the big stuff starts up?

3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Could people wait and get the whole story? One person’s recollection of the presentation, given in English by a Spaniard to Russians towards the later part of a multi day event when folks have been enjoying themselves, and people wish to treat it as gospel? Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

This is exactly what I mean. And they have all the production for Defiance and Aristeia on their minds too!

And all of this, as well. I'm losing trust in the company, I'm invested in my minis, I fear being excluded from legal gameplay and yeah, I'm outraged af. You probably can tell ;)

5. Nuada Airgetlam

I appreciate the cool response, mate. I post other stuff as well though, for example I posted quite a bit about Tohaa tactics recently. But most of my hobby / tactics Infinity stuff happens on FB / Discord.

I come here with my grievances vs CB though because here CB can see them.

6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Which episode of the Simpsons was it where Kent Brockman the anchor man asks, "Hordes of panicky people seem to be evacuating the town for some unknown reason. Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?"?

Apparently, some folks think the answer is a resounding "Yes!"

7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Wow random hyperbolic salt about an upcoming release.

Colour me unsurprised.

Cthulhu363, Teslarod, cazboab and 5 others like this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Don’t forget the staggering paucity of information and immediate assumption of malafide motives on CB’s part that launched the salt...

Cthulhu363, Teslarod, cazboab and 5 others like this.
  9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

My main complain would be about CB's current information policy. We get very little solid info, and then Gutier drops cute little nuke like that (or indeed got misunderstood in the classical "instructions unclear, penis stuck in ceiling fan" kind of way).

Hopefully we'll manage to get some clarification early this week. And while I also think that Nuada's first post was dramatic and I don't share his sentiment, I can understand where he's coming from.

#29 Stiopa, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Bri77le, Doppelganger, Berjiz and 9 others like this.
  10. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Yeah cb which is a small company and is biting off more than it can chew. It is not ideal the roll our of c1 as it has the longest term potential for the company and game.
    Defiance basically becoming a huge inflnity pre-order that comes with some cardboard is not great.
    Not being able to write stats for all factions is a little sad. I mean its just stats - having said that doing it to the defunct sectorials makes sense.
    What I actually think this may be a sign of is the old...if you can't buy it we don't worry about it. So French, tohaa, swamp eaters are not going to be updated until they refresh and release. Keeps it simple for new players and gives them some bandwidth.
    My bet is 3 months or so post release they will reintroduce get you by for the dead sectorials. They may not even be in the app. Again to avoid confusing new players and avoid exciting them about an army they can't buy.
    As far as lying to us...meh they could be better at communication but they are also a company and can't and shouldn't reveal everything to us and things change.

ik3rian likes this.
  11. Nuada Airgetlam

More like "instructions unclear, penis stuck in Antipode's jaws" ;)

But yeah, every single time CB ticks me off, it's always shit communication at the core.

I absolutely get that you guys won't get as pissed off as I am "from zero". It's just all been collecting in me for a while, I vent from time to time, but a week later CB pisses me off with yet another cock up, so it's hard to come down from it, especially now when I'm about to toss a substantial amount of money at them and it's do that or miss out.

12. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Cool. Today, I learned a new word.

13. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You guys are goofs, why not just wait for Monday to see if they clarify things? No sense in burning the house down on the weekend.

TBH im not even that upset if N4 launched with no sectorials (outside of the Kaldstorm ones), I think a vanilla only game for a couple months would be a pretty interesting format.

14. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Y'know, this thread is better than coffee. I laughed so hard, now not that sleepy anymore.

15. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I guess what Gutier might have meant to say, is that we get a relase like N3, where half the units where not costed appropriately until HSN3. So everything will be legal, but not necessarily balanced.

If its true, that a lot is not ITS legal for months, its a really bad move and they should postpone N4 until everything is done.

16. Nuada Airgetlam

Then how are we to understand Bostria's recent "were not repeating the N3 mistake of splitting the release", where they did exactly that?

17. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

There will be no HSN4. There will be a full rules release and not a mishmash of N3 and N4.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

The whole point of the quote was "there will not be a situation where some of the units are not up to date when the new edition hits Army". Specifically mentioning that "all units will have their N4 profiles on release".

And now that's not true anymore. And there is still no official message from CB. Just hearsay from an obscure statement by Gutier.

theradrussian likes this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

If all we have is hearsay based on a comment made by Spaniard speaking English to a bunch of tired Russians, then we're pretty much playing Chinese Whispers. Hardly a basis to judge what the true situation is.

Also, it's Sunday night, this tidbit was posted on WGC less than 7h ago, and CB isn't a cyberpunk government or megacorp to monitor news 24/7 and react immediately with a statement. Maybe we'll learn more over the next few days. And for now let's take a hint from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and DON'T PANIC ;)

20. Nuada Airgetlam

But, see, that's part of the problem.

They are breaking such news in an obscure statement during an obscure event. Why isn't there a short news post on the Forum here or on the CB page stating the same points in clear, well edited language, scheduled to launch the moment that presentation ends? How is this beyond a modern company in 2020?

My girlfriend does social media for smaller publishers and giants like Canal+. Our minds just boggle because of how easy this shit is and how much CB would've gained thanks to clear and professional customer communication.

Also, do we even have a towel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation