1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vanilla aleph lists

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by dhellfox, Mar 4, 2020.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

I'm going through various combination i was wondering how viable they are.

Taskforce fox A1
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9
    MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
    [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    THRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    ANDROMEDA Submachine Gun, Nanopulser, Flash Pulse / Breaker Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 28)
    PROXY Mk.1 Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    PROXY Mk.3 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 21)
    PROBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Keyrott likes this.
  2. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Having only 9 regular orders without LT and TacAware is a big red flag to me. The Mk.3 posthuman is one I hardly ever see because it's just not as broken as their other options like the dirt cheap Mk. 5 or the hulking Mk 4 or the brutal TO of the Mk 2. I'd also ask if the light rocket launcher is really worth it on Thrasymedes for 30 pts and 0.5 swc, he's alright but in Vanilla I think you can find better. Personally I'd take the shotgun on the Shukra but that's just personal preference, I don't want my CoC getting into gunfights particularly and a shotgun can provide a bit more protection in close range ARO than the Multi. Also the EVO hacker is fulfilling what function? You don't have a bunch of remotes to buff with supportware, and no AD because they don't affect Netrod deployment. I'd swap it for a Danavas for much more protection and utility from programs like White Noise and Cybermask. I also subbed in an HMG Dakini because a MML2 Dakini HMG is silly good for the points when it's available, and makes a good backup gunner for the Marut. I could only really fit the Thorakitai Engi, but you could also sub the Doctor Posthuman for a much better Engi as well which I'd rate as much more valuable in a TAG list than a doctor. Also I can’t usually stomach Andromeda as, when she’s deployed midfield with her FD1 and no marker state she can be fairly vulnerable but she can be a good midfield sweeper if she survives.

ALEPH

[​IMG]10
    MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
    [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
    DANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    ANDROMEDA Submachine Gun, Nanopulser, Flash Pulse / Breaker Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 28)
    THORAKITES Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#2 Keyrott, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Teslarod and dhellfox like this.
  3. dhellfox

thanks for the advice, ill make some optimization. i took the two characters to cover any mission objective.
    i thought the passive +3 AD mod for an evo on the field affect netrod deployment also was going to use the teamgo hack on my myrmidons

ok what about this for a non tag list?

Taskforce fox B0

[​IMG]10
    ACHILLES Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (2.5 | 75)
    DEVA (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 33)
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    DANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    PROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#3 dhellfox, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Keyrott likes this.
  4. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Myrmidons don't have a duo option so Teampro won't do anything, you need to find profiles with Fireteam: Duo for that.

That list looks pretty good, I don't have any major gripes with it. The Zayin can be a good stand-in for the Dakini HMG, minus the mimetism, that can be much more effective on the defense which goes well with your very aggressive LT who's going to be pushing forward. You've also got great coverage on hackers, so that'll help if they try to hack your Achilles and further if they have TAGs and HI running around. Scylla's flamethrowers and KHD will be very useful just make sure to protect her from an alpha strike KHD Redrum. Her Cybermask also applies to her bots, so their surprise shot flamethrower templates can be very difficult to dodge which can be handy. Yeah man, I think that could work, looks like something I'd run

5. dhellfox

what about this alt list?
    i wanted to bring in another micro TAG to back up the walking WMD.
    the parametic was just to buff my specilist troop count

Taskforce fox B1

[​IMG]10
    HECTOR Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)
    ACHILLES Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (2.5 | 75)
    AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Taskforce fox B2

[​IMG]10
    ACHILLES Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (2.5 | 75)
    ASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 70)
    DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#5 dhellfox, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  6. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Rather than simply going for the best of the best, consider what you’re getting for your points, and whether you need a certain redundancy. I.e. When you’re able to sink all your orders into one model, there is little point in having models with the same capabilities, as when they come up against something, that’ll cause them trouble, you’d miss an alternate approach i.e. a sniper or a missile launcher. Variety is often preferable in Infinity to redundancy, so make sure you’ve got tools to deal with your opponent at all ranges.

Another advice is to always aim for a minimum of 15 orders. Quality is great, but going too elite will have your individual models starve each other for the orders, they need to shine. A 2nd combat group can simply consist of a posthuman and three net rods. The net rods will often distract your opponent, wasting their orders, and once you take a casualty, you can transfer the posthuman with one token.

Third, when making a list consider the point of your models. I.e. Myrmidon chain rifles are great for padding fireteams, but do very little in vanilla - especially when you bring stuff like Achilles/Asura. At one less point you get the daikini medic, which can advance fast up the field with MOV6-4, can set up up suppressing fire with Mimetism and cover and be a real speed bump, and then of course push buttons. In the same way Thorakitai FOs can Guard the backfield cheaper and can even be a nuisance with their flash pulses, but most importantly they can push buttons as well.

Fourth; the shukra is nice... then again if you’re at the point where Achilles is dead, the shukra won’t survive, whatever took him down. Vanilla has the great offer of Machaon or the Myrmidon officer, the power of Eclipse grenades have won me plenty of games after I lost my offensive capabilities, but even before that they can help your strikers close the gap, so Achilles won’t need to deal with a HMG in a bad rangeband, when crossing the distance. These guys are not just backup when things go bad, but they offer something, that makes your army fight better, when things are good.

- and finally; the MK2 posthuman hacker is the best offer Aleph’s got. A TO Boarding Shotgun deployed near an objective is a game breaker.

#6 regelridderen, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    yoink101 likes this.
  7. dhellfox

i was bringing him to conserve orders (whether on not achillies or marut is LT they're going to get focused down anyway, so might as well get the most out of them) and the local meta's command point f**kery. like in SSS aspra Z jumper hes not there to fight but support

#7 dhellfox, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  8. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

To me, paying 25 pts for a glorified cheerleader is too much.

But that’s my opinion.

9. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you say, but about myrms, they are still great in vanilla to throw smoke. Especially with an asura or a marut. So i wouldn't discard them too quickly.

About the Mk.2, the TO sniper is on par with the hacker. The hacker is great at objective duty, the sniper is great at protecting said objectives. He is not only one of the best TO sniper in the game (BS13 + NWI), but contrary to any other TO sniper, we can just keep him hidden as long as we need without losing anything. A TO sniper can really ruin someone's 2nd or 3rd turn, especially if the opponent wanted to do a last turn rush on some objectives.

10. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

True, it’s not black/white.

However, in vanilla I still prefer another source of smoke than the chain rifle. A Spitfire myrmidon for instance is amazing. A CoC myrmidon as well, even a couple of combi rifles work great particularly in suppressing fire.

And the sniper is definitely great as well. I like a simple Posthuman 2nd combat group 3x proxies and 3x net rods. And having a Mk1/mk5 running objectives and only unleashing the sniper at an opportune moment is great. Not many snipers out there with BS13

Nenyx and yoink101 like this.
  11. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I don't remember when i last played vanilla (since OSS is available i mostly played it, or SP for a change), but i used CoC a lot as a multi purpose miniature, including smoke throwing.
    CR myrms are great for protecting a Marut through, they are cheap enough you may consider worth letting one of them to try and ARO smoke the Marut. When it works, it's a REAL pain for the opponent.

regelridderen likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation